48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Sorry for awakening an old(er) thread, but...

This is seriously driving me nuts! I am using VSL Synchron Strings Pro and there is just no elegant way to solve this "dimension tree mapping" issue.

I got so annoyed with this that I actually started to learn how to do VST development and perhaps try to code a better articulation manager for Studio One ;) alas.. c++ is not my forte.

Did you ever come up with a solution (other than what you already noted above) ? The only way I see is to just remove all slots and put everything in a single dimension (i.e. first column) but that is gong to be some work..

I seriously hope the key switch lane will be updated soon. Yes, they added it in v5, but guys.. come on.. we have been asking for years and this is "just" OK - at least in my book.

Here's to 5.2 :XD:

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
I was just playing around to see how many articulations would fit in the Synchron Player for violins 1 on a single dimension. Luckily I have my 2nd monitor in a vertical position :D (for midi editing)

Untitled 1.jpg

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by ericma2 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:04 am
Presonus changed the articulation function. Can't seem to stack the key switches on top of one another like we used to. It was good to able to do this because you can see what the keyswitches are with a quick glance (Root keyswitch and secondary on top of each other) . Now they're scrunched together. 🤷‍♂️

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by lawajava on Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:18 am
I’m intrigued by this thread. I picked up the VSL libraries specifically because they take advantage of Studio One’s underlying code layer (I don’t recall that protocol’s specific name). So the VSL Synchron Player is automatically pre-wired to Sound Variations. I had an impression all of the aspects being discussed here could be handled by these easy to use Sound Variations.

The Groove 3 on Studio One 5 Updates has chapters demoing how this works.

At least in terms of the OP original question that’s where I would start I would think. Maybe I’m not correct as this is not my area of expertise but it seems to me that this is where the Sound Variations and pre-wiring of Synchron Player should make things easier than the above details discussed.

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.
by ericma2 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Studio One and VSL Sound Variation integration is top notch! But unfortunately I use Vienna Ensemble Pro on another computer hosting all my VSTis. That's why I've been creating my own. But I am in the process of loading all the patches locally on my Studio One computer and saving the Sound Variation files so I can still use them with VePro. Only thing is Studio One has no option in loading keyswitch files unless you delete the Studio.settings which forces Studio One to rescan presets and certain settings on the next start up. Not the best way to do things but it is what it is for now.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Nothingness on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:18 am
ericma2 wroteI haven't run in to this issue yet. I'm using Andromeda and the Big Bang Free Syncrhons. So if I'm understanding correctly.. D2 when you're on the Short Notes articulation will select Detache Short, which is C#2, instead of Detache?

I know for my setup, Andromeda... the initial articulation is Senza Piccolo and Con Piccolo starting from key A0(w). In my Articulation template (pic attached) I had to start from A-1 for Senza Piccolo and B-1 for Con Piccolo. All the sub articulations under "Type" in Synchron starts from C7 so I don't label them in Studio One with articulation names because they change depending on the root articulation. I have to refer visually in Synchron to see what I'm triggering in the "Type" section. It's a minor inconvenience but this works for me with the nested articulations in Synchron.

Not sure if this helps or is confusing.

Does it still work? It seems the multiple articulations on a single lane has been removed in the current version. I'm using the latest version, 5.4.1.
If not, could you tell me how to stack them, please?

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:22 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Things have changed, I'm not able to stack variations apparently.

Then there are articulations that shows up in musical symbols.
You can have more than one symbol.

The editor can create any command you need as far modifiers etc.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Editing_ ... ations.htm?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ericma2 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:29 am
No, multiple articulations cannot be stacked on top of each other anymore. I was a bit annoyed at first BUT!!! Presonus made it better! You're able add multiple keyswitch notes in the Keyswitch editor as "Activation Sequence". So you can, for example, trigger the D#1 Arpeggios | F1 80 bpm | D#2 Major | E3 Cross | G3 Cut articulation by adding that sequence in the editor. The labeling structure uses folders nesting within the root articulation. I've attached a picture so it'll make more sense.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 11.19.32 AM.png

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by sdinoia on Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:31 pm
I really hope they change this sound variations system, makes using Synchron player a nightmare with hundreds of articulations when you could just have a tenth of them by using a layered system like X-Daw in Logic, until that day Logic it is for me

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB
by ericma2 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:48 pm
X-Daw looks pretty cool! I can't wrap my head around Logic just yet. I've produced and mixed a song in Logic before and would like to revisit the program again because S1's automation is kind of a mess for me. I'll def check out X-Daw when I'm digging into Logic again. Thanks for sharing!

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Nothingness on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:01 am
ericma2 wroteNo, multiple articulations cannot be stacked on top of each other anymore. I was a bit annoyed at first BUT!!! Presonus made it better! You're able add multiple keyswitch notes in the Keyswitch editor as "Activation Sequence". So you can, for example, trigger the D#1 Arpeggios | F1 80 bpm | D#2 Major | E3 Cross | G3 Cut articulation by adding that sequence in the editor. The labeling structure uses folders nesting within the root articulation. I've attached a picture so it'll make more sense.

Thanks for the answer, but I still don't understand how to apply it. Could you explain it in different way, please?

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by ericma2 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:25 am
Yeah I'll try to figure out a better way to explain it. Maybe I'll make a video... been wanting to do something like that for a while. I'll let you know. It's getting late and I was battling with some weird issues in a session. I'm gonna crash before I go crazy.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Nothingness on Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:41 am
ericma2 wroteYeah I'll try to figure out a better way to explain it. Maybe I'll make a video... been wanting to do something like that for a while. I'll let you know. It's getting late and I was battling with some weird issues in a session. I'm gonna crash before I go crazy.

That sounds great. I really appreciate it!! :+1

by Tacman7 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 am
I was playing around a little, I don't have the libraries to work with velocity switching, so not sure how it works...

Velocity isn't a cc it's property of notes so does something like this work?

Use a note off to send a velocity?

NewSV1.jpg

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by ericma2 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:06 pm
yinlee1 wrote
ericma2 wroteYeah I'll try to figure out a better way to explain it. Maybe I'll make a video... been wanting to do something like that for a while. I'll let you know. It's getting late and I was battling with some weird issues in a session. I'm gonna crash before I go crazy.

That sounds great. I really appreciate it!! :+1

Here you go if you're still wanting a better explanation. My first youtube video so hopefully I got the point across!

https://youtu.be/HbOcGOJT_RM

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by sdinoia on Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:11 am
It's cool that you can start from scratch to build a custom sound variations setup for custom VSL presets, but it looks like once you save the preset you can't edit it anymore, is this a bug?

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB
by ericma2 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:47 am
Should be able to edit it. I've edited a preset before and used the "Update" function to save it.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by sdinoia on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:09 pm
thanks, seems to work after a restart, it was probably a glitch.
I'll try setting up my VSL libraries with custom mapping and see how it works, thanks a lot ;)

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB
by Tacman7 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Just saw this vid about using cubase patch scripts/expression maps to populate sound variations.
That could really be interesting with external hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhAsqHX6ZI

Will this bring back program changes?

Forum Moderator.

by sdinoia on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:21 pm
did some more testing, so when you update the preset created from a sound variation not auto-generated from the vsl synchron preset, it will link it to that preset name.
That means that if you open that preset on another track, that sound variation will not be editable anymore (due to the link).
If you open another preset it will auto-generate a sound variation map, but you can select your previously created/updated map.
This one will be editable because it linked to the first preset name.
But! if you open the sound variation actual file on the computer with any text/coding app and delete the name of the preset and then re-index your studio one preset, the sound variation map you created previously will be editable again.
Convoluted but better than having 4 thousand auto-generated articulations.
This way you can for example set a Sustain sound variation that activates a sustain slot in synchron and access the vibrato, attack, release under that sustain with CC curves (linked to you preferred Dim A,B,C etc).
Still wish i could rename the automation tabs though.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB

48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3