9 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is an issue I have had once or twice on different songs now, and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this. As I do a lot of live performance recording (not to click) I use audio bend manually quite a bit to pull things into time. I have noticed that occasionally an event containing audio with audio bend will suddenly go mute. The waveform is still there, and events either side (with the same source audio file) play fine. If I move a bend marker, the audio usually comes back - but only for awhile before disappearing again. Sometimes closing the song and re-opening fixes the issue too. If I do a bounce to new audio on the event, the new event is silent (and also no waveform).

Is this any kind of known issue, or is it just happening on my system for some reason?

-Steve
by bobcook on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm
I have had the same problem sometimes, it happens when I split a track and edit with audio bend or Quantize. The track mutes the unedited part. If i remove the bend markers the track plays. So I hope someone can give me a tip on what is causing the issue.

- Bob
by Vin12 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 am
Please Fix This Problem It's So Annoying! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
by rochlis on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:17 am
I have this issue too. I mean applying the quantization to parts of an event.
One solution is to retrieve the muted events move them to another track , bounce them on the other track on then drag them back.

I am on my phone in the madrid subway so no guarantee for proof reading.

6 ,7 & 8 string guitars https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-Rochlis/628851057145367
Mac Pro 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 24 GB RME; UFC , UCX Studio One 2 Pro 2.6.5 (64 bit) Most used
Cubase 8 pro (used some)Logic x (not used)protools(last used 2012)Waves, Celemony, Native Instruments…

Too much stuff not enough music
by BrockStapper on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:56 pm
I was searching for a similar issue. Split events and quantize or audio bend have several bugs that I hope are fixed in the next release.

Currently I have a project where if you select a group of tracks there is one track that is not processed by quantize or bend while the rest are. Even if I select that track on its own it cannot be processed with quantize or bend, but if I go into the wave editing window it can be processed. It's very annoying to say the least.
by reddknight on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:35 am
I had the same problem: after doing a quantize and using the bend tool, an event or part of it would go silent. And the strange thing is it would play ok once then go silent in subsequent plays.

What finally worked was right-clicking on the event and selecting Remove Bend Markers. Removing individual markers with the bend tool did not work. I see @bobcook may have found the same thing.

I hope this saves someone else the time.
by reddknight on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:37 pm
I spoke too soon: removing the bend markers fixes the problem but it moves the transients as if it undoes the quantizing.

I am seeing this muting problem regularly and it seems to happen in the last piece of the event I am comping.
by Black_Haus on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:02 am
What's the latest word on this issue? I've been having this problem as well for some time now. What's the general consensus on how to correct the problem?

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
HP Omen - Win 10 64-Bit i7 7700HQ 12GB RAM 1TB HD S1 4 Pro
Firestudio Project x 2, StudioLive 16.4.2, Audiobox 44VSL Yamaha HS8 & HS10
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

https://www.zeroempire.net
http://constantcollision.com
by elijahlucian on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:50 pm
this happens to me on occasion, except instead of muting the event, it mutes all the other events on the track.

It happens when I try and quantize a single event on the track, it ends up muting all the other events for some reason. I have to "detect" all the transients in the other events to get them unmuted.

http://www.elijahlucian.ca

System: i7 3770k - 32gb ram - GTX 970 - Win10 x64 - Gigabyte Z97mk2
Audio: RME Fireface UFX - Equator D5 - Focusrite ISA One - Focusrite Octopre
Instruments: Roland Juno-G - Fender Strat - G&L ASAT Classic - Ibanez Artcore - Dean Resonator - Aria Classical - Ibanez ATK Bass - Omnichord - Congas - various tiddlywinks
Midi: Roland A-500 - Behringer BCF2000 - Novation Launchpad
Mics: Neumann TLM 103 - Rode M3 - Rode NT2a - Shure SM7b - AKG D112
VSTi: Spire - Massive - FM8 - Chromophone
VSTe: iZotope Alloy & Ozone - NI Komplete

9 posts
Page 1 of 1