119 postsPage 4 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I'm suffering from the same issue like georgelockwood. The "Use System DPI scaling" option (in german "System-DPI-Skalierung einschalten") in the Plugin context menu of Studio One is still not working as expected. Please refer to my screenshot below to see what happens when I apply this setting for any of my Waves Plugins.
S1 V5 - Problem - System DPI Mode - Waves Plugins.png

@Presonus, Arnd Kaiser: This particular feature (if working) would clear all ongoing discussions and confusion about HighDPI problems with 4k screens under Windows. It would allow all users to use S1 in HighDPI mode with the visual advantages you claim all the time, while being still being compatible (visually) with the "old" non-HighDPI desgined plugsins, that many vendors (like Waves, NI, Softube and many more -> shame on them!!) still place on the market.

Faithfully,
Matthias K.

PS: A comment I read in some other post suggesting to pick plugins by the fact whether the vendor implements a HigDPI design is simply ridiculous. No semi-professional or professional audio enineer would ever pick his plugins by visual aspects. Our focus is on audio.

Studio One Pro 4, OS: Win 10, CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super, Audio Interface: Motu HD192
by PreAl on Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:13 am
georgelockwood wrote
PreAl wrote
georgelockwood wroteThis update didn't fix anything for me. High DPI mode implementation is still giving me horrendous issues on well known third party plugin suites (iZotope, Slate Digital, etc.). Can't see it (with 4k res) then distorts horribly once I click enable High DPI mode. I'll run version 3... no issues. And my crashed .song continues to not want to open after three 8 hour debugging sessions. I prayed this update would fix to no avail. So far the upgrade's been a waste of time and money. Had such high hopes with so many beautiful new features and all. :thumbdown:

Create a ticket with the plugin developer. Screenshots help. You could try Presonus as well but they might not be able to do a anything.

arndkaiser wroteIf you’re running plugins that don’t support HiDPI it means you can’t use HiDPI mode. There’s nothing Presonus can fix.

Let me post this again to PreAI and arndkaiser in hopes they’ll see it this time...

Then why don't I have ANY problems with the same plugins, when I open Studio One Version 3 ??

Presonus had one checkbox to "Enable High DPI" under "Options" in Studio One 3. And if I enabled it on a 4K res screen, they would appear veeerrry tiny. Didn't enable... all good, worked fine, not so sharp, but workable. Now, on S1V5 they appear veeerrrry tiny WITHOUT enabling High DPI, but when enabled, they start to malfunction/glitch. I just want to NOT enable High DPI and have them work at less quality res, like in V3, but at a viewable size and without graphic malfunctions.

I don't know unless your scaling was set differently.

I've already stated that you should create a ticket with plugin manufacturers and Presonus with screenshots.

I also suggest you put your specs in your signature.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by chrisfocke on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 am
Nahh , i dont know what is up with studio one 5 .. but now i cant open it anymore .. its keep telling me "your subscription is expired" ... but my Sphere Subscription is still active and has been paid :?

What can i do ... since its weekend and i guess custom service is gonna be working on monday

:cry:

by PreAl on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:41 am
chrisfocke wroteNahh , i dont know what is up with studio one 5 .. but now i cant open it anymore .. its keep telling me "your subscription is expired" ... but my Sphere Subscription is still active and has been paid :?

What can i do ... since its weekend and i guess custom service is gonna be working on monday

Yikes.
Try..
Rebooting..
Making sure your internet is a working.

At your own risk, not the best advice - Temporarily disabling your firewall and then start S1 up. As soon as you have it running or not make sure you IMMEDIATELY turn your firewall back on.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

by fabianvasquez on Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:02 pm
chrisfocke wroteNahh , i dont know what is up with studio one 5 .. but now i cant open it anymore .. its keep telling me "your subscription is expired" ... but my Sphere Subscription is still active and has been paid :?

im having the same problem with my paid for sphere subscription i got through Sweetwater and their support were stumped too! i tried everything to find a work around to get it going while client was breathing down my neck wondering were his song was and if i knew bleep i was doing. lost a client/with cash now because of this i hope i can get song files to work when i can get on SO5 again!
by georgelockwood on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:44 am
matthiaskaiser wroteI'm suffering from the same issue like georgelockwood. The "Use System DPI scaling" option (in german "System-DPI-Skalierung einschalten") in the Plugin context menu of Studio One is still not working as expected. Please refer to my screenshot below to see what happens when I apply this setting for any of my Waves Plugins.

@Presonus, Arnd Kaiser: This particular feature (if working) would clear all ongoing discussions and confusion about HighDPI problems with 4k screens under Windows. It would allow all users to use S1 in HighDPI mode with the visual advantages you claim all the time, while being still being compatible (visually) with the "old" non-HighDPI desgined plugsins, that many vendors (like Waves, NI, Softube and many more -> shame on them!!) still place on the market.

Faithfully,
Matthias K.

PS: A comment I read in some other post suggesting to pick plugins by the fact whether the vendor implements a HigDPI design is simply ridiculous. No semi-professional or professional audio enineer would ever pick his plugins by visual aspects. Our focus is on audio.

Thanks, matthiaskaiser!

SEE!! It isn't only me. Please respect the user. Nobody's here trying to bash Presonus, We just want to be able to use something we paid to upgrade and use the great new features, but this version doesn't have a compatibility mode? We can't use our plugins in the same visual manner that previous versions do? What's up with that? C'mon guys!
by PreAl on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:11 am
georgelockwood wrote
matthiaskaiser wroteI'm suffering from the same issue like georgelockwood. The "Use System DPI scaling" option (in german "System-DPI-Skalierung einschalten") in the Plugin context menu of Studio One is still not working as expected. Please refer to my screenshot below to see what happens when I apply this setting for any of my Waves Plugins.

Faithfully,
Matthias K.

Thanks, matthiaskaiser!

SEE!! It isn't only me. Please respect the user. Nobody's here trying to bash Presonus, We just want to be able to use something we paid to upgrade and use the great new features, but this version doesn't have a compatibility mode? We can't use our plugins in the same visual manner that previous versions do? What's up with that? C'mon guys!

Have you created tickets yet and why do you not put your specs in your signature? (I've suggested this several times now) We can't even tell what display adapter you are using at a glance. If every user experiencing this issue did this then maybe (just maybe) we could find something in common. Stating full OS version and display adapter is the bare minimum for an issue like this.

Check our my signature for example.

by Quietly on Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:54 am
Bounce to track now also bounces the colour. Not sure if this was introduced in 5 as I had a major PC crash which is being repaired. I have just installed 5.0.1 on my laptop to try it out and the first thing I noticed was this. If it was also on 5 just ignore me LOL The sad thing is it bounces it to the next colour in the colour pallette. Nearly there.

Gerry

People who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 5 Pro. Windows 10 64 Bit 4 GB Intel 2 Quad Q 9950 @ 2.83 GHz . Fluid Audio SRI-2, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate, Izotope Ozone 5 and 8. Yamaha HS 80 Monitors.
by abelnt1 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:47 pm
Anotación 2020-08-16 214556.jpg
Anotación 2020-08-16 214556.jpg (14.19 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

Spanish GUI have a bug

DESACTIVADO
SINCRONIZAR
by matthiaskaiser on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:55 am
PreAl wrote
georgelockwood wrote

Faithfully,
Matthias K.

Thanks, matthiaskaiser!

Have you created tickets yet and why do you not put your specs in your signature? (I've suggested this several times now) We can't even tell what display adapter you are using at a glance. If every user experiencing this issue did this then maybe (just maybe) we could find something in common. Stating full OS version and display adapter is the bare minimum for an issue like this.

@PreAl, to answer your questions:
- Yes, I created a ticket beginnig of July when V5 was released. It was closed by the support without being able to provide a solution.
S1Tickets.png

- Sorry, you're right. So here are the relevant details regarding my system environment. I will add this also to my signature for the future...
OS: Windows 10 Professional (all patches installed including August 2020 release).
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (drivers up-to-date)
Display resolution: 4k (3840x2160 @60Hz) w. Windows Display scaling at 200%.

Studio One Pro 4, OS: Win 10, CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super, Audio Interface: Motu HD192
by Baphometrix on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:21 am
... It was closed by the support without being able to provide a solution...

Two suggestions:

1. Submit your support tickets through the "normal" Support links on the front page *outside* of your Sphere "console". IMO something is sometimes funky about Sphere's communication with their support system.

2. Double- and triple-check that you're tagging your support ticket for Studio One v5. If your ticket is marked for v1 or other older versions, their system will automatically close your ticket without a response.

These two suggestions are related. I entered a ticket the other day from Sphere's main menu, choosing the "Support" option. I am 99.9% certain that I specified the ticket was for v5, but their system automatically closed the ticket. When I submitted another ticket asking why they closed the first one instantly (and I did this through their older non-Sphere Support page), they said I specified v1 in the ticket that got auto-closed.

Studio One 5.1 Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 3.2.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Push 2 (Shove)
Windows 10 Home | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by PreAl on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:53 am
matthiaskaiser wrote
PreAl wrote
georgelockwood wroteThanks, matthiaskaiser!

@PreAl, to answer your questions:
- Yes, I created a ticket beginnig of July when V5 was released. It was closed by the support without being able to provide a solution.
S1Tickets.png

- Sorry, you're right. So here are the relevant details regarding my system environment. I will add this also to my signature for the future...
OS: Windows 10 Professional (all patches installed including August 2020 release).
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (drivers up-to-date)
Display resolution: 4k (3840x2160 @60Hz) w. Windows Display scaling at 200%.

Thanks but sorry to ask this again..

I humbly request that you and others experiencing this put your specs in your *signature* .. please.. then it's really easy to make comparisons at a glance because all posts will get updated.

by PreAl on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:10 am
... It was closed by the support without being able to provide a solution...

shannongreywalker wrote
Two suggestions:

1. Submit your support tickets through the "normal" Support links on the front page *outside* of your Sphere "console". IMO something is sometimes funky about Sphere's communication with their support system.

2. Double- and triple-check that you're tagging your support ticket for Studio One v5. If your ticket is marked for v1 or other older versions, their system will automatically close your ticket without a response.

These two suggestions are related. I entered a ticket the other day from Sphere's main menu, choosing the "Support" option. I am 99.9% certain that I specified the ticket was for v5, but their system automatically closed the ticket. When I submitted another ticket asking why they closed the first one instantly (and I did this through their older non-Sphere Support page), they said I specified v1 in the ticket that got auto-closed.

I have to say this auto closing is infuriating. Firstly they should notify tickets get auto closed and that doesn't happen.

I got accused of leaving fields empty hence it was apparently my fault the ticket got closed. It happened twice and I certainly did not leave any fields blank. Even if I did (I did not, I realise how important good and accurate info is, how many times do I ask here for people's specs in their signatures?), the form should not be able to submit without the required fields.

I had incorrect theories about why it may be happening, which went down like a lead balloon, out of the blue I was threatened with the ban hammer (because it was deemed that I was probably lying about filling in the fields) , however it turned out there was a registration issue (against no fault of my own). Regardless I felt I was treated pretty shabbily, I was happy to wait for my ticket to be processed, but how could that happen with closed tickets? I won't go into the full detail.

Another issue was that when the ticket was updated at the support end, it took a very long time for their extranet to sync up with the ticket status leading to a great deal of confusion.

The ticket did get resolved in the end after a lot of confusing messages from support (didn't understand the difference between registration and activation which caused me a lot of confusion) but after it got escalated we got there.

What didn't help was I posted in these forums to gain attention about my closed tickets, but it should be appreciated that I did not know what else to do at the time..I would rather have not.

I hold no grudge but I do hope all parties learned from this experience, I certainly did. Presonus do great products and I value their staff, I'm just saying how it is and I hope it will be viewed constructively. I do appreciate that at the time they were snowed under.

by Bbd on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 am
I am glad your issue was finally solved.
As you stated, this forum is not the place to get to Presonus Support. The only way to do that is thru a Support ticket.
It is also extremely important that the information provided to Support is accurate with all required fields completed.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sangamc on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:02 am
ARGH ... The crashing is killing me. I understand sometimes plugins go off the rails and we push our systems to hard, but Every other time I press CTRL + W = crash to desktop. I am busy renaming old projects and updating masters with NO plugins at all and I can't get through 15 minutes without suddenly staring at my desktop wondering where the window went.

Sorry. HAD to blow off steam and the FB group is already tired of me.
Thanks for tuning in.

PS: I still have last version 4 installed which of course works flawlessly #SMH

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by Bbd on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am
Why not create a Support ticket for your issue?

Bbd

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sangamc on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 am
Bbd wroteWhy not create a Support ticket for your issue?

Already done. I have 3 tickets open with them. Fades not working, crashing on saving or closing an open song and crashing windows AUdio to the point I have to reinstall my focusrite drivers and reboot. The last one I suspect google chrome is a part of the issue but since I have v4 installed and working great ... no reason v5 should be any different.

Presonus Studio One v 4.x Professional Win x64
by Bbd on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am
Ok thanks!

Bbd

by Janko Kezar on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:21 pm
Janko Kezar wrote
chrisfocke wroteNo , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this
Sounds suspiciously like 'Fade In To Cursor' and 'Fade Out From Cursor' is being triggered.

btw I wouldn't have known these commands existed if it weren't for Marcus Huyskens ... :thumbup:

Okay ... so i saw them in the keyboard shortcut options ... and made an button combination of it.

But the problem stays .. its getting really annoying now :twisted:

There is something really wrong with fade out operation here. The curve doesnt work on fadeout but when I edit a curve on fade in it also affects fade out. See this gif:

Ive reported this isssue via a ticket and today got a confrimation it has been logged

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by jeremygoody on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 pm
Janko Kezar wrote
Janko Kezar wrote
chrisfocke wroteNo , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this
Sounds suspiciously like 'Fade In To Cursor' and 'Fade Out From Cursor' is being triggered.

btw I wouldn't have known these commands existed if it weren't for Marcus Huyskens ... :thumbup:

Okay ... so i saw them in the keyboard shortcut options ... and made an button combination of it.

But the problem stays .. its getting really annoying now :twisted:

There is something really wrong with fade out operation here. The curve doesnt work on fadeout but when I edit a curve on fade in it also affects fade out. See this gif:

Ive reported this isssue via a ticket and today got a confrimation it has been logged

I'm also having weird fade issues: all of the clips will fade in or out on a track even if I'm only editing one clip.
About to open a ticket to report it...

119 postsPage 4 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6