119 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This update didn't fix anything for me. High DPI mode implementation is still giving me horrendous issues on well known third party plugin suites (iZotope, Slate Digital, etc.). Can't see it (with 4k res) then distorts horribly once I click enable High DPI mode. I'll run version 3... no issues. And my crashed .song continues to not want to open after three 8 hour debugging sessions. I prayed this update would fix to no avail. So far the upgrade's been a waste of time and money. Had such high hopes with so many beautiful new features and all. :thumbdown:
by arndkaiser on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:18 am
If you’re running plugins that don’t support HiDPI it means you can’t use HiDPI mode. There’s nothing Presonus can fix.

Arnd Kaiser - General Manager - PreSonus Software
____________________________________________________________________________________
M1 Mac Book Pro (13" - 2020) / LG 5K UltraFine Display / macOS 13.4 / PreSonus Revelator io44

"friends don't let friends clap on one and three"
by GMHague on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 am
I was about to post about some very weird mixdown issues in S5 ... like mixdowns "updates" in a Project missing audio (using Song files, not actual mixdowns) and even a mixdown doing odd things.
But now I'll apply the update since some fixes relate to the Project Page.
Fingers crossed.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by PreAl on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 am
georgelockwood wroteThis update didn't fix anything for me. High DPI mode implementation is still giving me horrendous issues on well known third party plugin suites (iZotope, Slate Digital, etc.). Can't see it (with 4k res) then distorts horribly once I click enable High DPI mode. I'll run version 3... no issues. And my crashed .song continues to not want to open after three 8 hour debugging sessions. I prayed this update would fix to no avail. So far the upgrade's been a waste of time and money. Had such high hopes with so many beautiful new features and all. :thumbdown:

Create a ticket with the plugin developer. Screenshots help. You could try Presonus as well but they might not be able to do a anything.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by judithkuijf on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 am
Lawrence made a strum script that also works in version 5. Unzip the attachment, copy the "strum script" folder to the scripts folder in Studio One, and you are good to go. There is a pdf with explanation in the zip file. You can create your own macro's with the script.

Attachments
Strum Script.zip
(184.15 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by judithkuijf on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Skijumptoes on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:05 am
I'm guessing these macros are applied to the MIDI data after it's been recorded, right? I.e. there's no realtime processing.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by judithkuijf on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 am
Correct. For real time: use scaler/captain chords or ask presonus for some kind of Note FX.
Last edited by judithkuijf on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
by wcreed on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 am
"● Studio One Prime and Demo versions are now available"

Yes, that's what they said, but where is it? No mention of link on the website

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by scottyo7 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:04 am
The 'Demo' would be available in your PreSonus account. 8-)
Do you have one? :roll:
If so, log in an go here.
The "Demo" is the 3rd item from the left.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by wcreed on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:47 am
Thanks Scotty; never would have looked there. You'd think the demo would be aimed at people who don't have an account!

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by donaldbaarns on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 pm
wcreed wroteThanks Scotty; never would have looked there. You'd think the demo would be aimed at people who don't have an account!

The PreSonus shop now has "Prime" available.
https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-5-Prime

After downloading, someone can easily use "Studio One > Studio One Activation" to get the 30 day Pro Demo version. (Easy, not obvious.)

The install is the same for Prime, Pro, Artist and Pro Demo. "Activation" changes between them without any additional downloads, just a restart of S1.

My guess is over time the main site will get a link too, but over my pay grade.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by georgelockwood on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:51 pm
arndkaiser wroteIf you’re running plugins that don’t support HiDPI it means you can’t use HiDPI mode. There’s nothing Presonus can fix.

arndkaiser Then why don't I have ANY problems with the same plugins, when I open Studio One Version 3 ??

Presonus had one checkbox to "Enable High DPI" under "Options" in Studio One 3. And if I enabled it on a 4K res screen, they would appear veeerrry tiny. Didn't enable... all good, worked fine, not so sharp, but workable. Now, on S1V5 they appear veeerrrry tiny WITHOUT enabling High DPI, but when enabled, they start to malfunction/glitch. I just want to NOT enable High DPI and have them work at less quality res, like in V3, but at a viewable size and without graphic malfunctions.
by richardgeorge1 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:25 am
scottyo7 wroteThe 'Demo' would be available in your PreSonus account. 8-)
Do you have one? :roll:
If so, log in an go here.
The "Demo" is the 3rd item from the left.

This takes me to "Studio One 4 Demo"
No sign of a demo for Studio One 5 anywhere I can find.

edit: OK found it by going to https://my.presonus.com/home It is listed under 'News and Updates' and can be added to your account from there. Clear as mud :roll:

Studio One Pro 5 Win 10
Asus Z490, i9 10850k, 32GB, NVME SSD
Audient iD14, Scarlett 8i6, Faderport 8, MIdi Fighter Twister
by chrisfocke on Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:45 am
What is up with audio clips ?

Normally no problems or what so ever ..and now when i want to create a fade in or out .. sometimes doesnt work at all or its fading a part further in the audio clip ....?

What changed it ?

Never had so many bugs in Studio one before like this since the release of version 5 :(

by Skijumptoes on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:46 am
chrisfocke wroteNormally no problems or what so ever ..and now when i want to create a fade in or out .. sometimes doesnt work at all or its fading a part further in the audio clip ....?

Does it show visually correct but is audibly wrong then?

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by HopTzop on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:42 am
Has anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line. If I remember right, this started with 4.6. I've filed a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone noticed too.

LE. Tested out with 3.5.6 and 5.0.1. There is a HUGE difference. Something has changed in the way scrolling works in the browser.
Version 3.5.6
SO3.5.6.gif

Version 5.0.1
SO5.0.1.gif
Last edited by HopTzop on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by chrisfocke on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:56 am
leonseaman wrote
chrisfocke wroteNormally no problems or what so ever ..and now when i want to create a fade in or out .. sometimes doesnt work at all or its fading a part further in the audio clip ....?

No , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this

by kozmyk on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:00 am
chrisfocke wrote
leonseaman wrote

No , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this

Sounds suspiciously like 'Fade In To Cursor' and 'Fade Out From Cursor' is being triggered.

btw I wouldn't have known these commands existed if it weren't for Marcus Huyskens ... :thumbup:

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by Skijumptoes on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:03 am
HopTzop wroteHas anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line

Is it possible you have a setting 'per application' for your scroll wheel that's over-riding your default? I've been caught out by that previously.

by HopTzop on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 am
leonseaman wrote
HopTzop wroteHas anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line

Is it possible you have a setting 'per application' for your scroll wheel that's over-riding your default? I've been caught out by that previously.

I have Logitech's app, but it's locked on default profile so it's the same for every application. I've noticed this change since 4.6. Support told me they are looking into it and might be fixed in the next version. That's nice to hear.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32

119 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6