119 postsPage 3 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
HopTzop wrote
leonseaman wrote
HopTzop wroteHas anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line

Is it possible you have a setting 'per application' for your scroll wheel that's over-riding your default? I've been caught out by that previously.

I have Logitech's app, but it's locked on default profile so it's the same for every application. I've noticed this change since 4.6. Support told me they are looking into it and might be fixed in the next version. That's nice to hear.

Yep its slow as hell. I use a regular Genius mouse without any additional apps. Tried with another Logitech one- same.

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by kozmyk on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 am
HopTzop wroteHas anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line. If I remember right, this started with 4.6. I've filed a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone noticed too.

LE. Tested out with 3.5.6 and 5.0.1. There is a HUGE difference. Something has changed in the way scrolling works in the browser.

Nope. My old Logitech G700s spins right through the S1 browser no problem.

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by HopTzop on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 am
You are using it with the scroll wheel unlocked, right?
I mean this feature - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dap5lEuS5uM

Some logitech mouses has that feature that disengages the stepped feeling when you spin the wheel. I have a G502 Hero, has the same feature, but try engaging the stepped feature, you'll notice the slow scrolling. I don't really like using the free wheel since it can overscroll.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by Baphometrix on Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:53 am
I'm guessing it's specific to some mouse drivers? I use a Kensington Trackball (on Windows 10), and the scrolling behavior in the browser seems normal to me.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by stefanrauch1 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:03 pm
HopTzop wroteHas anyone noticed scrolling with a scroll wheel in the browser it's really slow? I have my mouse set to scroll 3 lines at a time and in Studio One browser it just scrolls 1 line. If I remember right, this started with 4.6. I've filed a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone noticed too.

LE. Tested out with 3.5.6 and 5.0.1. There is a HUGE difference. Something has changed in the way scrolling works in the browser.

Yes, very annoying... and not just in the browser, but also scrolling Tracks in the Sequencer Window, the Mixer and Export Stems Window is very.. uhm let's say "RSI inducing" :roll:

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by PreAl on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Seems to me that Studio one needs its own custom mouse scrolling speed parameter in order to avoid driver issues. Next to it have a tickbox labelled "Same as windows" which is by default ticked.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by stefanrauch1 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:49 pm
PreAl wroteSeems to me that Studio one needs its own custom mouse scrolling speed parameter in order to avoid driver issues. Next to it have a tickbox labelled "Same as windows" which is by default ticked.

I begin to think, that the problem is that S1 has its own custom mouse scrolling steps. Take for instance a close look at track scrolling in the sequencer window. Every scrollwheel step is about one track in every track height from tiny to medium. That makes for a quite counter-intuitiv feeling, as you'd expect the things on screen to move the same distance in every zoom state and not the same number of elements.

I think it should work like the horizontal scrolling in the sequencer window does (shift + scroll wheel).
Every scrollwheel "swipe" moves the screen the same distance (not the same bar count or duration), no matter how far you are zoomed in or out. So if you want to scroll quicker through a project, just zoom out and if you want finer movement, zoom in.
This is unfortunately not the case with vertical scrolling.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by chrisfocke on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:20 pm
No , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this[/quote]
Sounds suspiciously like 'Fade In To Cursor' and 'Fade Out From Cursor' is being triggered.

btw I wouldn't have known these commands existed if it weren't for Marcus Huyskens ... :thumbup:[/quote]

Okay ... so i saw them in the keyboard shortcut options ... and made an button combination of it.

But the problem stays .. its getting really annoying now :twisted:

by markrobotham on Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:45 pm
Great to see the "Negative track delay" issue fixed.

Please fix the notion errors as seen in the video. Same behavior exists regardless of whether it`s polyphonic or single voicing.

phpBB [video]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by chrisfroman on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:31 pm
Hello, ever since I upgrade to 5.0 I have been getting strange graphical drawing errors on Mac OS Catalina. If I close a window and reopen is fixes its only to happen again. I have attached a screenshot. This is a new OS installation. Mac mini late 2014
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.08.52 AM.png
by Janko Kezar on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:44 am
chrisfocke wroteNo , visually also .. when i fade out ..the tail doesnt fade ..but the wavevorm before that tail does.
really weird , never experienced this
Sounds suspiciously like 'Fade In To Cursor' and 'Fade Out From Cursor' is being triggered.

btw I wouldn't have known these commands existed if it weren't for Marcus Huyskens ... :thumbup:

Okay ... so i saw them in the keyboard shortcut options ... and made an button combination of it.

But the problem stays .. its getting really annoying now :twisted:

There is something really wrong with fade out operation here. The curve doesnt work on fadeout but when I edit a curve on fade in it also affects fade out. See this gif:

Attachments
fades.gif

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by chrisfocke on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:53 am

This is what i mean , i've installed ver 5.0 and all was good , then reinstalled 5.0.1 and the problem keeps with the fade out keeps coming back

The tail doesnt fade out , but the waveform before the tail does

by Skijumptoes on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 am
I'm getting this issue, but it is only graphically, the playback still has the fade applied as per the handles (As per screenshot with the bounced audio underneath). But that's still a big issue.
Annotation 2020-08-14 120718.png

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by PreAl on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:15 am
chrisfroman wroteHello, ever since I upgrade to 5.0 I have been getting strange graphical drawing errors on Mac OS Catalina. If I close a window and reopen is fixes its only to happen again. I have attached a screenshot. This is a new OS installation. Mac mini late 2014
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.08.52 AM.png

Make sure you are on Catalina 10.15.6 and latest display driver.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Baphometrix on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:52 am
The fade display bug in 5.01 is also appearing in Windows 10 x64, Studio One Pro v5.0.1.

It doesn't affect the resulting audio--you can still hear the fades acting properly. It seems to be a display bug only. Pretty annoying, though. Hope they throw out a new patch soon.

Yes, it persists across sessions. Yes I have all the latest display drivers installed. No, this wasn't an issue on v 5.0.0.

fadeBug_v5_01.jpg

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by garyanderson5 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:56 am
chrisfocke wroteImage

This is what i mean , i've installed ver 5.0 and all was good , then reinstalled 5.0.1 and the problem keeps with the fade out keeps coming back

The tail doesnt fade out , but the waveform before the tail does

Confirmed. It's doing the same on my Windows 10 system. It's basicly altering the wrong side of the faded curve by the looks of it. Version 4 and 5 is fine so 5.0.1 has something wrong with the fades. It is graphical as the fade plays back normally. Updated driver is hardley the issue when it was fine a week ago in every other version of Studio One where it works as expected. Only the latest patch has the graphical issue.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by davidspencerbarker on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am
New user of Studio One 5 Pro 3 weeks in :D

Thank you to all the team at Presonus for your hard work.
Sadly haven't had much time to get some music made with my Studio One 5,due to work commitments

But really enjoying the experience so far,learning lots and having the novelty of drag and drop is great :D

Cheers everyone!

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by Anderton on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:49 am
Janko Kezar wroteThere is something really wrong with fade out operation here. The curve doesnt work on fadeout but when I edit a curve on fade in it also affects fade out.

I'm able to replicate this here with 5.01 (Windows 10, build 1903).

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by PreAl on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:07 pm
Argh!... Close but no cigar...
Nevermind.. there is always 5.0.2 (I hope they take their time and get it good).
Approx Sept 11th perhaps for the next one if it's on a monthly cycle right now?

by georgelockwood on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:43 pm
PreAl wrote
georgelockwood wroteThis update didn't fix anything for me. High DPI mode implementation is still giving me horrendous issues on well known third party plugin suites (iZotope, Slate Digital, etc.). Can't see it (with 4k res) then distorts horribly once I click enable High DPI mode. I'll run version 3... no issues. And my crashed .song continues to not want to open after three 8 hour debugging sessions. I prayed this update would fix to no avail. So far the upgrade's been a waste of time and money. Had such high hopes with so many beautiful new features and all. :thumbdown:

Create a ticket with the plugin developer. Screenshots help. You could try Presonus as well but they might not be able to do a anything.

arndkaiser wroteIf you’re running plugins that don’t support HiDPI it means you can’t use HiDPI mode. There’s nothing Presonus can fix.

Let me post this again to PreAI and arndkaiser in hopes they’ll see it this time...

Then why don't I have ANY problems with the same plugins, when I open Studio One Version 3 ??

Presonus had one checkbox to "Enable High DPI" under "Options" in Studio One 3. And if I enabled it on a 4K res screen, they would appear veeerrry tiny. Didn't enable... all good, worked fine, not so sharp, but workable. Now, on S1V5 they appear veeerrrry tiny WITHOUT enabling High DPI, but when enabled, they start to malfunction/glitch. I just want to NOT enable High DPI and have them work at less quality res, like in V3, but at a viewable size and without graphic malfunctions.

119 postsPage 3 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6