17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have this problem since my first use of this program, since the version 3...

Whatever I do, each time I trend to have big song, with a lot of VST, plugins, virtual instrument (etc...), the closing of the song remains problematic.

I have song using 10Go of RAM at least (I have 64Go, and soon 96 I hope).

When I close the program or the song, if everything goes well, I have to wait, at least 4 minutes, but sometime it's longer, and sometimes the program freeze, so I have to kill it...

Studio One empties the RAM very very slowy... 4 minutes for 10 Go, just image if I have a 88Go session :lol: :lol: :lol:

Killing it in the Task Manager is really not a good thing, one day, the program won't start... :roll:

I am the only one to encounter this problem ? Any tips...

I have this phenomenon since the version 3, nothing as change, a part from my amount of RAM, and my appetite to create bigger and bigger song... ^^

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (4.5 GHz Max.)
ASUS PRIME TRX40-PRO (motherboard)
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
Presonus Studio 26c (soundcard)
by roland1 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:45 am
I have also had song files where "CLOSE" in the menu should be changed to "CRASH." :) It's been over at least 2 versions, including v5.

Probably some glitch in handling VSTi or RAM or something. Program passes out. Wakes up in a pool of its own vomit.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by robertgray3 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:14 am
What does the crash report say it is? I had this happen a lot in Audio Hijack (another VST/AU host) and it turned out there were two particular plugins (one was ARC 2.5, the other I can't remember) I liked to use that just did not let go of RAM the way that the program was expecting. I've found Studio One to be strict about this stuff, too.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jeromem on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:40 am
Thx guys for your feedbacks, I will investigate the crash log file (for the moment I can't open it 'cos I have a Studio One session opened)...

You are right, it's surely a 'third-party' VST or several, or the amount of them which are causing or increasing the phenomenon...

For the moment, I use no rewire, no instable VST, only steady thing like Waves or NI plugins, but who knows lol !

I keep you in touch

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
by PreAl on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 am
You haven't put your specs in your signature so we don't know what OS or audio interface you are running.

In my experience I've mostly seen this in dodgy audio device drivers not releasing the audio buffer.

If you are running ASIO4ALL you need to completely uninstall.

You may try complete uninstall/reboot/ and reinstall of audio (latest) device driver for your audio interface. Do not just do a reinstall...

Check Studio One audio device driver settings to see if they are correct.

You may want to check for a firmware update for your audio interface as well.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jeromem on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:52 am
PreAl wroteYou haven't put your specs in your signature so we don't know what OS or audio interface you are running.

In my experience I've mostly seen this in dodgy audio device drivers not releasing the audio buffer.

You may try complete uninstall/reboot/ and reinstall of audio (latest) device driver for your audio interface. Do not just do a reinstall...

I just update my signature.

My current soundcard is a brand new Presonus Studio 26c... But I have been encountering this problem for ages, so with two other Presonus AudioBox and an old Motu MK3 Ultralite it was the same mess... About the driver, I am not using ASIO4ALL, just the default settings

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
by PreAl on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:44 pm
jeromem wrote
PreAl wroteYou haven't put your specs in your signature so we don't know what OS or audio interface you are running.

I just update my signature.

My current soundcard is a brand new Presonus Studio 26c... But I have been encountering this problem for ages, so with two other Presonus AudioBox and an old Motu MK3 Ultralite it was the same mess... About the driver, I am not using ASIO4ALL, just the default settings

Fully remove all the sound drivers for all your interfaces (old and new), unplug everything except the Studio26c. Clear out any old software you may be using. Reboot. Install Universal Control. Start from scratch with Studio 26C.

Are you running any other DAWs?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ennbr on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:44 pm
Can I ask your system specs refer to 64Go should be corrected 64GB Gigabytes never heard of 64Go before

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by jeromem on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:42 am
ennbr wroteCan I ask your system specs refer to 64Go should be corrected 64GB Gigabytes never heard of 64Go before

Sorry, I update it, hope it's more clear....

To explain, in french, we use "octet", so 64Go is 64 Gigaoctet of memory RAM, and 1 octet = 1 Byte... I update to 64GB RAM...

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
by jeromem on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 am
PreAl wrote
Fully remove all the sound drivers for all your interfaces (old and new), unplug everything except the Studio26c. Clear out any old software you may be using. Reboot. Install Universal Control. Start from scratch with Studio 26C.

Are you running any other DAWs?

Ok, I will try that

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
96GB RAM
multiple SSD drives
by johnkrikawa on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm
It is 2021 and this is still a problem. It was a problem in V4 and I have read about someone having problems with it in V3. My larger templates take up about 11GB RAM, and yeah, it's like Studio One wants to carefully close RAM, but I doubt that is it in fact. If I open the template and play with it for a few minutes it is fine. I can close it. If I spend and hour or two working in the template or song really, that is when it takes 1-5 minutes to close (or never).

i7-3770 3.4GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M | 32 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | RME Babyface Pro FS
Studio One 6.2.1
by PreAl on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 am
johnkrikawa wroteIt is 2021 and this is still a problem. It was a problem in V4 and I have read about someone having problems with it in V3. My larger templates take up about 11GB RAM, and yeah, it's like Studio One wants to carefully close RAM, but I doubt that is it in fact. If I open the template and play with it for a few minutes it is fine. I can close it. If I spend and hour or two working in the template or song really, that is when it takes 1-5 minutes to close (or never).

I don't have these issues, please confirm you've tried all the suggestions on this thread. If you have I suggest you create a ticket with support. Likely.to be a system config/windows issue, otherwise I would expect a lot more comments here.

by johnkrikawa on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:27 pm
PreAl wrote...
I don't have these issues, please confirm you've tried all the suggestions on this thread. If you have I suggest you create a ticket with support. Likely.to be a system config/windows issue, otherwise I would expect a lot more comments here.

Got it. I confirm I have tried all suggestions in this thread ... will create support ticket.

i7-3770 3.4GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M | 32 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | RME Babyface Pro FS
Studio One 6.2.1
by fmaestas on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 pm
My 2-cents...

Using macOS High Sierra.
I started to have these issues also, after version 5 update.

Something that helped was to close the song file first, wait about 15-20 seconds before shutting down StudioOne. It helps, at least it wasn't giving me "Studio One not-responding" messages.

Last week I tried to get to the bottom this. I removed Waves version 9 plugins and Waves related apps. I also removed the free iZotope mastering plugin I installed last summer. Don't really use either of them anyway. Seemed to help a bit, but I still experienced some lag on exiting StudioOne.

Couple days ago I installed another SSD drive and placed "only" my active projects on that, and kept all library files on another SSD. Presonus and 3rd party libraries and instruments are now separate from my active projects.

Have not had any lag on closing the song file or Studio One. Fingers crossed that this continues to work. It's much better now, at least on my setup.

S1 Pro 6.5, Logic, Reaper, macOS BigSur
My Bandcamp
by kitwatson on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:48 pm
Just adding my two cents into this. It seems directly proportional, the relationship between complexity of song (number of tracks/channels, number of instruments, number of FX plugins, etc.) and the time it takes to quit S1. There must be a protocol that is followed to send everything in the song a "kill" message, and everything has it's own way of deallocating memory, shutting down services, de-registering, or whatever. I have never experienced shutdown crashes, but I certainly have seen S1 take upwards of 15-20 seconds to quit when I have a massive song up.

DAW: Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64; Host Platform: Apple iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 2017), 64GB RAM, macOS Big Sur 11.6; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2 GHz (4-Core); Apple SSD SM0128L; AMD Radeon Pro 580 8GB GDDR5, 5120 x 2880 Retina. Audio Interface: PreSonus Quantum 2626 (Thunderbolt 3), ver 1.3-82. Mixing: Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mic/Line Mixer. Monitoring: JBL LSR308 active monitors; JBL LSR310S sub. Key Software: Arturia V Collection 8; Waves Diamond V13; Melodyne studio 5.1.1.003 (64-bit).

Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64 (Built on Oct 12 2021)
by antokovacic on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:05 pm
I have a similar situation here. Last few weeks I worked on a larger orchestral arrangement with three Kontakt instances, each with multiple orchestral instruments, and a few other VSTs. Closing the project is the problem every single time. I tried to wait for more than 10 minutes, it just doesn't close, so I used to kill it (I made a shortcut for cmd taskkill). I know the problem can be not only Studio One, but the combination of VSTs and drivers...

Studio One Professional 5.3
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
RAM 16,0GB
by PreAl on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 pm
If Studio One is not closing try turning off or unplugging your audio interface and see if that makes a difference, also try that with other hardware. If that works it points to a device driver/firmware issue, or antivirus locking up a USB port perhaps, ultimately the buffer isn't being closed and flushed.

I've made plenty of other suggestions elsewhere on this thread.

17 posts
Page 1 of 1