7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I've encountered something very weird.

phpBB [video]

In the video I choose a part and delete - works ok. Then I choose a part of it, press backspace and it deletes the same time of another track. Same with moving the selection.

Also, dragging a part to a track drops it on the track above it.

I'm on latest 4.6.2. What's up?
Last edited by lukasnavickas on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:42 am
lukasnavickas wroteHi. I've encountered something very weird.

phpBB [video]

In the video I choose a part and delete - works ok. Then I choose a part of it, press backspace and it deletes the same time of another track. Same with moving the selection.

Also, dragging a part to a track drops it on the track above it.

I'm on latest 4.6.2. What's up?

Try to rule out to see if these may be related in your steps to repro:

Make sure you are running single monitor, if not turn off the other monitors.
If you are using custom scaling for your monitor resolution then turn off.
Update your display adaptor drivers.
Update your signature - check mine as an example, we don't know what OS you are running for instance.

Don't forget to restart studio one before you test again.

Is this just one project or multiple projects?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by lukasnavickas on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 am
It happens if there are hidden tracks higher up. So I drop a midi part to unhidden tracks 1 and 2, it works fine, but if I drop it on any track that is a higher number than some hidden tracks, it's awry.
by PreAl on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:21 am
I guess I'm talking to myself.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by lukasnavickas on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:48 am
I did not do this because everything is default. MBP'16, latest Mac OS X, single (laptop) monitor, default display settings.

I spent some time and caught the bug, though. It's a problem with unhiding a folder. It's unhide behaviour is buggy.

Here's one way to replicate this. Make sure "Link expand/collapse of folder tracks with show/hide" is checked.
1. Make a few instrument tracks with instruments on them.
2. Pack the middle tracks into a folder
3. Choose the folder, and hide it.
4. From the Channel list, unhide a track. It appears together with the folder track.
5. Hide folder track again.
6. Unhide any track in the folder. It appears in the tracks area without the folder track.
7. Drag an instrument part to a new track. The unhidden track disappears and dragging behaviour stops working correctly: try to drag the part onto the first track.

Here's a video
phpBB [video]

Another way to get it:
Turn off Link expand/collapse…
Repeat steps 1-3. Tracks disappear from tracks area and not the console.
4. Hide the tracks in Channel list. Tracks disappear.
5. Try to unhide them, they do not appear in tracks area, only the console. Drag behaviour is ok.
6. Check Link expand/collapse…
7. Try to unhide them. The same problem, only now drag behaviour is also screwed up. No need for a new track. Can't make the folder track reappear.
by PreAl on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:44 am
Best of luck then.

by Robert Johnson III on Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:22 pm
Thanks for figuring this out and writing down the steps in such a concise manner.

I also had trouble with this buggy behaviour. Maybe try the demo of v5, the scene and related track hide functions work a bit different in conjunction with the console. Both verions can be on the same system.

MacMini M2 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ

7 posts
Page 1 of 1