39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Any of you ever have issues with pipeline not working? This has been happening to me in version 5 and the last two versions of 4. I run a hybrid setup. Im half OTB and half in. I use a lot of hardware EQ and compression. I have an Orion 32+ but this was happening with my Motu 828es and my Ferrofish as well. And I just switched over my PC from Ryzen 3900x to Intel i9 and it still not working right,
What will happen is the signal (nor the delay compensate ping) will make it through the chain. Sound will be showing on the SEND meter in pipeline but not on the return. And if I back the mix knob back the signal will start to come in. The same routing will work in Reaper and if I try and different EQ or compressor that one might work. Also, if I close the session and re-open then I can get the patch to work. Its really odd and VERY frustrating. I have emailed pre-sonus about this 3 times and they are coming back at me with the same ol crap that never works.
This really jams me up

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by frank.crow on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 pm
Forgive me because I know this is going to sound silly but it’s true in my case.

I’ve had a pipeline issue for a few years now similar to what you described. It would just spontaneously fix and I couldn’t figure out why. I tried all kinds of reverse engineering but to no avail.

I finally figured it out. The fix that is but not the why behind the problem. It doesn’t happen very often anymore but when it does I simply click on a different track and then click back and bam it’s all better.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by mivey on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:07 pm
Sorry, I don't have any answers as to why but just weighing in to say that yes, I've been having the similar problems and more happening intermittently and haven't found any rhyme or reason as to why it happens.

The best I could hope for with SO4 and now SO5 is that it will work long enough to get a solid mixdown. I don't even attempt to use Pipeline exclusively on any tracks or busses during actual mixing as it's proven too unreliable for me. Yet there are others who say they've never had a problem with it.

I wish I knew of another way to integrate my external hardware into the DAW to have options.

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 pm
I never used pipeline I always just sent audio out and brought it back on a track.

Never had any problems that way.

You can check the audio part of your signal path that way so you know if it's a hardware or software problem.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by j0001s on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:33 pm
Not likely that this is the reason.... but...

My main interface is a Quantum, and I have second interface attached via ADAT that I use for Pipeline. I have projects recorded at different sample rates. The Quantum sample rate is set automatically by the project. The other interface has to be manually set to match.

And if I forget to change it, well, Pipeline doesn't work.
by johnboyd4 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:16 pm
I use one single unit. An orion 32. Ive tried two pc and 3 interface. Same thing.
Last edited by johnboyd4 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by johnboyd4 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 pm
Tacman7 wroteI never used pipeline I always just sent audio out and brought it back on a track.

Never had any problems that way.

You can check the audio part of your signal path that way so you know if it's a hardware or software problem.

You do this during mixing?? How do you deal with delay compensation? Doesn't the audio sound off when you do this??

by robertgray3 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:37 pm
I use it a lot and since you said this has been happening to you on multiple versions and multiple computers, perhaps it’s something in the way you’re using it that’s exposing an issue.

-Do you use Pipeline in a template or do you set it up from scratch each time?
-Do you use saved presets?
-When this happens, is it always the first time you instantiate Pipeline or does it sometimes just stop receiving audio when the same instance was previously working?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by johnboyd4 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:29 pm
robertgray3 wroteI use it a lot and since you said this has been happening to you on multiple versions and multiple computers, perhaps it’s something in the way you’re using it that’s exposing an issue.

-Do you use Pipeline in a template or do you set it up from scratch each time?
-Do you use saved presets?
-When this happens, is it always the first time you instantiate Pipeline or does it sometimes just stop receiving audio when the same instance was previously working?

Good questions..
1. From scratch every time because it depends on what the source sounds like to begin with will determine what hardware I use or if Im even gonna use it or go ITB for that track.
2. I do but not for hardware inserts (see #1)
3. Only on the first time. If I open a session with instances that previously worked they will always work when I re-open the session. They wont stop working after its set up and working.
Now if the routing isnt working the SAME routing WILL work in Reaper. So its not the cables, hardware, PC or interface.
Also, if I close the session and re-open then most of the time the same routing I tried trhat would not work will now complete the signal. Its 100% for sure the plugin (or DAW). I have ruled everything else out 10 times over.

by robertgray3 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 pm
Interesting. Does this ever happen the first time you open Pipeline, or is it always when there are multiple Pipeline instances in one session?

The only other thing I can think of is are you using it on a Bus track or Green Z monitoring (or dropout protection) at the same time?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by hello people on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 am
Not liking the tone of this thread. I'm planning the exact same thing as the OP...a hybrid setup relying on Pipeline to have about 8 hardware compressor and eq channels piped in and out.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by johnboyd4 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:51 am
It happens on buses and reg tracks. Regardless of dropout and its not on green Z

by johnboyd4 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 am
I think you'll be fine dude,. It doesnt seem to happen to too many people, And it doesnt stop me from using studio one. It only does it maybe 2 times out of 10 and when it does I just close the session and reopen and it usually works then. Once you have it open and working it wont stop. Even if you close the session. Once its working on a channel you are good. Hopefully they fix this sometimes soon.

by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 am
hello people wroteNot liking the tone of this thread. I'm planning the exact same thing as the OP...a hybrid setup relying on Pipeline to have about 8 hardware compressor and eq channels piped in and out.

I wouldn’t let the fact that we’re diving in to figure out John’s specific/rare issue dissuade you. It’s a pretty popular feature, so if it really wasn’t working all the time there’d be a ton more posts on it.

If I was planning such an upgrade and had concerns I would test it out with some junk or dummy hardware and put it through its paces to see if it works with the way I use it before pulling the trigger.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by hello people on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:34 pm
Yeah you guys are right I guess

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 pm
johnboyd4 wroteIt happens on buses and reg tracks. Regardless of dropout and its not on green Z

Do you use MixFX by chance? Are you using ARA on the tracks when it happens?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by johnboyd4 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:00 pm
robertgray3 wrote
johnboyd4 wroteIt happens on buses and reg tracks. Regardless of dropout and its not on green Z

I have never used mix effects. I get plenty of analog "noise" from all the hardware I use. Not sure what ARA is.
BTW, let me ask you a question. Say for instance I open a session that the engineer recorded in 44.1k. But I run the session (by mistake of course) in 48k. Would that have an effect on is pipeline would work or not?

by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 pm
johnboyd4 wrote
robertgray3 wrote

I have never used mix effects. I get plenty of analog "noise" from all the hardware I use. Not sure what ARA is.
BTW, let me ask you a question. Say for instance I open a session that the engineer recorded in 44.1k. But I run the session (by mistake of course) in 48k. Would that have an effect on is pipeline would work or not?

It shouldn't. My entire sample library is in 44.1 wav and I run a lot of my sessions in 48- I just printed some effects I dialed in using Pipeline and it worked as expected.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by jcrakes on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am
Pipeline is frustrating in that it seems to be so inconsistent... I only use it with a compressor during the mixing stage, and when it does work, I like the delay compensation feature. But unfortunately, as I said before, it's inconsistent... Wish I knew the problem as I would like to get more outboard gear.
Just me two cents...

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
Babyface Pro interface, Faderport classic
Guitars, amps, keyboards, etc.
by hello people on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:33 pm
The "Mix" knob in Pipeline...all the way left is what? And all the way right is what?

If I only want to hear the wet signal after it's been through the outboard compressor....where do I turn the Mix knob?

Thanks

39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2