39 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Constant problems with Pipeline. Audio interface makes no difference (I use Lynx Hilo for mastering) and I've tried other A/D D/A converters and it's always the same hairpulling issues!!! There is no consistency to the glitches, and I have exhausted all possible solutions. I'm ready to DUMP Studio One 5 which is a shame because I like some of the other features. I'll open a session and it works, change nothing, close the session, open it again and Pipeline doesn't work. Listing all the things would take me hours. Frustrating to the point of needing a hammer to smash something to burn off the stress. (I'm censoring myself here too because I know that profanity is not allowed but.....argggggggggggggg!) How can a company as established as Presonus not fix this!? I'm through with it, done, goodbye Studio One 5.
by ianaeillo on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:00 pm
gregorypastic wroteConstant problems with Pipeline. Audio interface makes no difference (I use Lynx Hilo for mastering) and I've tried other A/D D/A converters and it's always the same hairpulling issues!!! There is no consistency to the glitches, and I have exhausted all possible solutions. I'm ready to DUMP Studio One 5 which is a shame because I like some of the other features. I'll open a session and it works, change nothing, close the session, open it again and Pipeline doesn't work. Listing all the things would take me hours. Frustrating to the point of needing a hammer to smash something to burn off the stress. (I'm censoring myself here too because I know that profanity is not allowed but.....argggggggggggggg!) How can a company as established as Presonus not fix this!? I'm through with it, done, goodbye Studio One 5.

I currently have a few Quantums with a DP88 running 25 channels of outboard. I’ve never experienced anything like this. It sucks this is happening to you.

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by piotrkrupa1 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:22 am
HI,
To me this plugin seem very unstable. I use Quantum 48 48 interface - so it should work as advertised, but it doesn't. I use hardware processors on 3 busses and more or less 12 mono channels. Sometimes there's some inconsistency in send levels, sometimes return simply doesn't work. Or maybe it's the sent -- I can see the level indicator blinking on the plugin, but there's no signal on physical output. Sometimes it works when activated with an FX preset chain but not when just activated on this same channel. It's crazy. The problem usually starts when there's a number of channels engaged. The main reason I started using Studio One was this advertised ease of hardware integration, and now I'm quite disappointed. It takes a lot of time to get it working. I'd have already returned to Logic, but there the I/O plugin is also causing similar problems. Still, I'm probably going to return to it because apart from this not really working hardware integration, there aren't many reasons not to do it. I've imported several projects into Studio One, so I'll give it a try till I finish them.

In Studio one I found out that to avoid these problems you can try to set up one instance of the plugin at a time. Once set up, switch it off, and then set it up on another channel. Then switch them all on when the set up is complete. It seems to work in my system.
In general also saving FX chains with the pipeline also seem to help, but then sometimes all the instances of the plugin work, except for one -- and I go switching them off, and activating one after another :) .. it's a mess .. :)

I thought it's so problematic on my system, because I use an M1 Mac, so I've been just patiently waiting till Presonus fixes all the bugs. Still, M1 Mac drivers can be some part of the problem.

Piotr
by mitchpark on Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm
robertgray3 wrote
hello people wroteIt’s a pretty popular feature, so if it really wasn’t working all the time there’d be a ton more posts on it.

There ARE a ton more posts on this, search the entire internet not just this forum. It's an annoying and known issue.
by Bub on Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:59 pm
I don't know if this is related, but it may help someone. I ran in to major problems with Pipline too. The fix was to disable the virtual mixer that is in Universal Control. It creates a funky feedback loop that you cannot make go away even if you have Input Monitoring turned Off. The only way I have ever been able to get Pipeline to work is by disabling the virtual mixer in Universal Control.

The only downside so far that I've seen to disabling the virtual mixer in U.C. is it kills my Secondary Headphone jack on my Studio 1810c. I use Pipeline even more rarely so most of the time I leave the virtual mixer on so on the odd occasion I need the Secondary Headphone jack to work I can just plug in.

BTW ... I absolutely love this Studio 1810c. I only wish I would have gotten the rack mount version instead of the table top version. It's by far the best interface I've ever used. You can get it cheap as refurbished on Amazon sometimes. I got mine there and it looked brand new. Still factory sealed.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by frank.crow on Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:39 pm
johnboyd4 wrote
robertgray3 wroteI use it a lot and since you said this has been happening to you on multiple versions and multiple computers, perhaps it’s something in the way you’re using it that’s exposing an issue.

-Do you use Pipeline in a template or do you set it up from scratch each time?
-Do you use saved presets?
-When this happens, is it always the first time you instantiate Pipeline or does it sometimes just stop receiving audio when the same instance was previously working?

Good questions..
1. From scratch every time because it depends on what the source sounds like to begin with will determine what hardware I use or if Im even gonna use it or go ITB for that track.
2. I do but not for hardware inserts (see #1)
3. Only on the first time. If I open a session with instances that previously worked they will always work when I re-open the session. They wont stop working after its set up and working.
Now if the routing isnt working the SAME routing WILL work in Reaper. So its not the cables, hardware, PC or interface.
Also, if I close the session and re-open then most of the time the same routing I tried trhat would not work will now complete the signal. Its 100% for sure the plugin (or DAW). I have ruled everything else out 10 times over.

I’m thinking my experience is almost exactly the same as described in this reply.
I did however notice that when I used pipeline as part of a template or preset that the odds of the glitch occurring increased. So when I put pipeline in a plugin chain it’s usually just to remind me to use it. Also even though it offers the ability to set up presets they never work when I return to them. Pipeline must always be instantiated from scratch

-Frank Crow-

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by frank.crow on Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Lately I’ve tried using more than one instance of pipeline simultaneously.

But it will begin to introduce latency to my hardware metering.

By way of example if I’m processing multiple drum tracks I can see and hear the hits simultaneously on Studio One’s meters but my hardware metering will be a little behind on every unit.

-Frank Crow-

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by ianaeillo on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:32 am
Okay okay. I was one person who never had any problems. Then I said it out loud and since then it’s been nothing but frustrating and ridiculous errors.

Tonight’s adventure; I had four outputs on two stereo pipeline instances completely stop working. They could not be reloaded if I removed and reinserted pipeline. They just…stopped. Assigned the track outputs to the hardware input and then I created a new stereo track and set the input to the hardware output. Monitor enabled and hit play. Everything worked fine.

Opened a different session with the same audio IO and the inoperable pipeline suddenly worked fine. Went back to the session at hand and nothing worked again.

Restarted S1, interfaces, and computer and loaded the session. Nothing.

Later on my latency monitoring went to poop and it delayed my SPDIF hookup by almost a second, despite saying it was two samples of delay. Pressing Auto didn’t send any signal at all.

It’s a mess and very frustrating.

EDIT: Haven’t had problems with it since feb of last year.
Last edited by ianaeillo on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by leonsandow on Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:23 pm
Where do you find this?

Bub wroteI don't know if this is related, but it may help someone. I ran in to major problems with Pipline too. The fix was to disable the virtual mixer that is in Universal Control. It creates a funky feedback loop that you cannot make go away even if you have Input Monitoring turned Off. The only way I have ever been able to get Pipeline to work is by disabling the virtual mixer in Universal Control.

The only downside so far that I've seen to disabling the virtual mixer in U.C. is it kills my Secondary Headphone jack on my Studio 1810c. I use Pipeline even more rarely so most of the time I leave the virtual mixer on so on the odd occasion I need the Secondary Headphone jack to work I can just plug in.

BTW ... I absolutely love this Studio 1810c. I only wish I would have gotten the rack mount version instead of the table top version. It's by far the best interface I've ever used. You can get it cheap as refurbished on Amazon sometimes. I got mine there and it looked brand new. Still factory sealed.
by hugojehl on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:20 pm
If you use a pipeline, then delete it, you will see the INPUT related, MUTED. You just have to go on the INPUT section of the mixer, then unmute the input channel.
by hello people on Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:34 pm
Well I don't know what's going on here. Left channel returning via Pipeline has gone dead. When mastering I send my song out via Pipeline Stereo to an external compressor and back in via Ferrofish Pulse 16. Literally doing this last night with no issue. This morning the left channel will not return. No signal at all.

Daking Fet 3 compressor shows input and output for both channels. Ferrofish Pulse 16 shows analogue outputs going back into DAW...but left channel is dead. No left signal reported on RME Fireface UFX II.

Disable Pipeline and both channels have signal.

So it's either a dead cable or something out of the Daking Fet...or it's a dodgy ADAT cable out of the Ferrofish Pulse 16...or Pipeline is being weird...or something I can't think of.

Any tips? Thanks

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:44 pm
Test it using your I/O.

Make an input pair for where the signal comes in and make that the source of an audio track.

Make an output going to the input of your compressor, put that as the output of a track with what you want to send to the compressor.

Need to monitor the return track if you want to hear it, or just record it to print the compressor.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by hello people on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:56 pm
Yep, I'm going to have to test it. I'll just send a track out to that channel and see if it comes back.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by ianaeillo on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:09 pm
hello people wroteWell I don't know what's going on here. Left channel returning via Pipeline has gone dead. When mastering I send my song out via Pipeline Stereo to an external compressor and back in via Ferrofish Pulse 16. Literally doing this last night with no issue. This morning the left channel will not return. No signal at all.

Daking Fet 3 compressor shows input and output for both channels. Ferrofish Pulse 16 shows analogue outputs going back into DAW...but left channel is dead. No left signal reported on RME Fireface UFX II.

So it's either a dead cable or something out of the Daking Fet...or it's a dodgy ADAT cable out of the Ferrofish Pulse 16...or Pipeline is being weird...or something I can't think of.

Any tips? Thanks

So, yeah I had this occasional issue as well. I was flummoxed and also use a ferrofish pulse 16 (I don’t know if you’ve clocked it to a Big Ben but takes an exceptional clock and makes it sound INCREDIBLE.)

Then a few months ago I went into my I/O settings and cleaned out all of my backups / variations and made a new master default and quite oddly enough I haven’t had any issues since. It worked for me and I wasn’t even trying to fix the issue. I don’t know if this will help, I suspect it won’t, but it is what solved it.

by hello people on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:19 pm
ianaeillo wrote
hello people wroteWell I don't know what's going on here. Left channel returning via Pipeline has gone dead. When mastering I send my song out via Pipeline Stereo to an external compressor and back in via Ferrofish Pulse 16. Literally doing this last night with no issue. This morning the left channel will not return. No signal at all.

Any tips? Thanks

So, yeah I had this occasional issue as well. I was flummoxed and also use a ferrofish pulse 16 (I don’t know if you’ve clocked it to a Big Ben but takes an exceptional clock and makes it sound INCREDIBLE.)

Then a few months ago I went into my I/O settings and cleaned out all of my backups / variations and made a new master default and quite oddly enough I haven’t had any issues since. It worked for me and I wasn’t even trying to fix the issue. I don’t know if this will help, I suspect it won’t, but it is what solved it.

That's interesting. I've run the Ferrofish Pulse for about 3 years no issue. I've never even made any tweaks to the Pulse. It just runs all default. Plug it in and that's it. Then suddenly this morning no signal on the return left channel. Totally stumped. Might not even be the Ferrofish. Who knows what it is. Maybe an output cable from my Daking Fet committed suicide last night while I was asleep. I just can't work it out. RME Totalmix looks normal. From what I can tell all the ADAT cables are good.

I don't love having to get behind my desk and check cables thoroughly because its almost impossible to get back there. Just no room to move. But I might have to get my hands dirty and go look.

Then again...you say the Ferrofish might be the culprit. Maybe it'll just come good. Who knows. Annoying problem.

So...are you saying that you experienced this issue too where a channel will just fail to return? And you suspect it is some glitch or quirk of the Pulse 16?

EDIT: It's RME input 1 that's not returning into Studio One with Pipeline. But that channel is working fine when I record something on that. Quite sure all cables are secure. The Daking Fet takes the input and responds to the input. But returning via Pipeline doesn't happen. That channel is dead. One of my preamps outputs on RME channel 1. So it seems like signal does make it back into the DAw via that physical channel. But with Pipeline as the go between (and Ferrofish is involved too in that chain) there's no signal from RME ch 1 input. So I'll try setting the Ferrofish to defaul or resetting it to default settings (not that I've ever changed them) and see what happens.

By the way...have no idea what Big Ben is. And I don't know much at all about clocking and all that. Anyway...to the Ferrofish manual to try and reset.

EDIT 2: I ran some tests and as far as I can tell the output of channel 1 on the Daking Fet 3 is toast. Signal goes in on that channel and the meters show input and compression...but no return.

I am pretty sure I confirmed that regardless of which input on my RME I choose to use to return the signal...there simply is no signal. The patchbay is not faulty...I can use any input and get signal from a mic to the DAW. As soon as I pass the mic from the preamp to the Daking Fet...no signal. I can set up the exact same routing for Daking Fet channel 2 and it works perfectly. So to me this categorically suggests channel 1 is dead or the output cable from channel 1 is dead. (It's not unplugged, I checked). I'll attempt to swap the cable and try that.

So I am pretty sure it's not a Pipeline issue and it's not a Ferrofish issue. Neither of them was used in the test! It's a dead physical output channel on the Dak...or a dead cable from that output. I can't see it being a dead cable. So that leaves a dead output in the Dak which is pretty dang disappointing. I'm in Australia and can't send it to Daking.

by babulmukherjee on Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:22 pm
The Pulse 16 does have a 5.04 firmware version available as of 14-OCT-2022. I'd try the firmware update if you're sure there are no cabling issues.

Not to hijack this thread, but I just setup my Pulse 16/UFX III so I could use Pipeline for outboard gear this morning.

All is working for me so far, except the latency reported is 24.7ms for a stereo or mono Pipeline instance. The offset that Studio One detects is 14 samples. My calculation of 14 samples/48khz = 0.29ms, not 24.7ms. I get the 24.7ms from the performance monitor within Studio One.

Is that what you are seeing also, or is there an issue on my end?

I was expecting 1/10 of that at the most, but I do understand there are additional A/D/D/A steps. I can run an entire band in live with no additional latency without Pipeline, so this was a surprise.

What are your latency numbers? What would account for that high of latency through Pipeline?

Thanks!
Babul

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by hello people on Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:31 pm
My issues are not Pipeline or Pulse 16 related. I tested the Daking Compressor and it appears to have a dead output on ch1. As far as latency...I really can't help much. But I do know that latency is not something that's ever looked too good for me in any way, shape or form. I've learnt to live with it. One of these days I'll have to look into it and work it all out.

by ianaeillo on Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:12 am
babulmukherjee wroteThe Pulse 16 does have a 5.04 firmware version available as of 14-OCT-2022. I'd try the firmware update if you're sure there are no cabling issues.

Not to hijack this thread, but I just setup my Pulse 16/UFX III so I could use Pipeline for outboard gear this morning.

All is working for me so far, except the latency reported is 24.7ms for a stereo or mono Pipeline instance. The offset that Studio One detects is 14 samples. My calculation of 14 samples/48khz = 0.29ms, not 24.7ms. I get the 24.7ms from the performance monitor within Studio One.

Is that what you are seeing also, or is there an issue on my end?

I was expecting 1/10 of that at the most, but I do understand there are additional A/D/D/A steps. I can run an entire band in live with no additional latency without Pipeline, so this was a surprise.

What are your latency numbers? What would account for that high of latency through Pipeline?

Thanks!
Babul

I'm running a few quantums in aggregate mode and am reporting, at 48k 64 samples with a Apogee Big Ben as the clock:
Pipeline on the FerroFish - 3.35ms / 9 samples
Pipeline on the Quantum - 3.13ms / -2 samples

by babulmukherjee on Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:42 am
ianaeillo wroteI'm running a few quantums in aggregate mode and am reporting, at 48k 64 samples with a Apogee Big Ben as the clock:
Pipeline on the FerroFish - 3.35ms / 9 samples
Pipeline on the Quantum - 3.13ms / -2 samples

Thank you for posting your latency numbers with both units!

I will reach out to support to see why my Pipeline is reporting so high, and report back here.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650

39 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2