31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
So.. after installing S1 v5. My undo doesn't work.. Luckily for me I kept v4.6 on my computer so I can continue to work. But this has definitely made my work flow a lot harder. And for the record.. Command Z doesn't work and the Drop down menu doesn't work..
by roland1 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 pm
Sounds like something else is botching things up. I use undo and it works fine here in v5 on a PC.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Tacman7 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 pm
I was doing something today and Ctrl Z wasn't working but now it is.

I was unable to use the menu edit/undo when they shortcut wasn't working.

Must be a matter of focus, I see if it happens again.

Is it working now? What were you doing?

I was doing clip gains but I tried it just now and it's working.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by gregorexner on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:26 am
I have just updated to S1 v5 and undo does not work for me either using Cmd+Z or the menu items. I'm working on a Mac.
by robertgray3 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:30 am
Perhaps something is making erroneous entries in the Undo History. Worth checking next time you run into the issue.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by joakimsteen on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:08 am
My undo (or Redo) doesn't work either. But only on certain songs. And the undo (and redo) works on the menu.
Mac
Studio One 5
by mivey on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 am
Same here.

I've had this happen several times and thought there was something going on with my keyboard at first.

Looks like it may only be affecting Mac users when it does happen?

It's working now but I don't know exactly what I've done for it to resolve except maybe restart SO5 or my system and it seems to come and go. Haven't really dived in to see if it's song specific or not but that could be a possibility.

But its definitely a bug.

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by Tacman7 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 am
mivey wrote
It's working now but I don't know exactly what I've done for it to resolve except maybe restart SO5 or my system and it seems to come and go. Haven't really dived in to see if it's song specific or not but that could be a possibility.

Next time it happens try clicking on different things and see if it starts working.

Seems like changing the focus from a plugin to the background got it working for me.

Not happening to me all the time just in situations.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by mivey on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:43 pm
Tacman7 wrote
Next time it happens try clicking on different things and see if it starts working.

Seems like changing the focus from a plugin to the background got it working for me.

Not happening to me all the time just in situations.

Will give it a shot. :thumbup:

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by Djstatix on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:54 am
Plugin focus should do the trick.
by gregorexner on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:41 am
I have now started a fresh project in S5 and the undo has worked for some time. I do not know what happened, but now it is not working again! I CANNOT WORK WITH THIS! Is there a bug tracker we can report on? With this update which I have payed for I cannot do any productive work right now. This has to be fixed ASAP. I have to go back to the old version to get my work done .. :?
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:56 am
Just to get by you can have the history window open(edit menu), was trying that some.

But Ctrl-Z is working for me.

What was you doing when it stops working?

Seems like some plugins catch keystrokes, sometimes.

Hard to duplicate.

Forum Moderator.

by Mats Nermark on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:37 am
I'm on a PC with Windows 10 and for me Undo works on projects started in Studio One 5 but NOT if I open a project started in Studio One v4.*.

Seems there's an issue with the old History.

Cheers,

Mats N
by patricemazmanian on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Mats Nermark wroteI'm on a PC with Windows 10 and for me Undo works on projects started in Studio One 5 but NOT if I open a project started in Studio One v4.*.

Seems there's an issue with the old History.

Cheers,

Mats N

I work with 12 songs starting with v4, and I have no problem with 'Undo' !
I always keep the focus with SO before pressing Ctrl z

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by robertgray3 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 am
@Mats Nermark interesting to see your case had to do with the old undo history!

Anyone having issues with this may want to double check/watch Control Link to rule out a plugin reporting erroneous Parameter Changes. I had this issue recently and then noticed there was an unused instance of Serum constantly reporting updates to Aftertouch. Also when it's in Adaptive Mode Izotope RX can send thousands of Threshold Change undo entries.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:39 pm
Undo via the key command isn't working for me either. It works when I go to the edit menu and use undo just not the key command.
Very intermittent. I've had it not work on old 4.6 sessions and on ones that I've started in S5 with the template being built in S5 too.

Very annoying... Any one know of an ETA for a fix??

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by roland1 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:16 am
Release notes should ideally include a list of "breakages" along with the fixes. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by shawntkach on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:45 pm
Same thing happening to me on a Macbook Pro. In addition I get an obnoxious clicking sound when resizing/trimming events.
by maxkleinschmidt on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am
The same here.. this is really a bad thing to break... often I can even finish things and I'm forced to start a new project and import.... PLEASE PRESONUS, FIX THIS BUG... this is frustrating
by juvandes on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm
shawntkach wroteSame thing happening to me on a Macbook Pro. In addition I get an obnoxious clicking sound when resizing/trimming events.

I've that too on V5... :(

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2023|Cubase Pro 12|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares

31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2