31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I am having the same problem on a new Mac Pro 2019. I tried getting rid of the studio one preferences minus user.license and extensions and that worked for about five minutes and then I had the same problem. I tried two different keyboards besides my Apple Magic Keyboard (same problem) and yes my menu does work but only after I select undo like 10-16 times (it is random). I have reported it and send in my system report and I will report back if anything works.

This seemed to happen to me after the latest presonus update. I am using the latest version of Catalina too.

Studio One Pro V3
Ma
MBOX pro 3
OS 10.9.5
2x2.8 Quad Core 2008
22 GB Ram
5 hard drives (10.5 tbs internal)
motu 828II
Unitor 8
AMT 8
Maschine
Novation Impulse 49
Roland XP 50, Virus tb, Korg Prophecy, Nord Lead II, Ensoniq TS 10 , Korg MS2000R
by tombrignall on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 pm
I read the forums for 4.5 and someone claimed izotope was a problem for them and control z. I don't own any izotope but I decided to try to narrow things down and one plugin seems to cause this problem for me: Get Good Drums Smash and Grab compressor. I just bought it and started using it on a bus. When I disabled it, everything works fine. Super weird. So try to disable some of your plugins and narrow it down and see if one of the plugins is causing the control z problems. It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you.

Studio One Pro V3
Ma
MBOX pro 3
OS 10.9.5
2x2.8 Quad Core 2008
22 GB Ram
5 hard drives (10.5 tbs internal)
motu 828II
Unitor 8
AMT 8
Maschine
Novation Impulse 49
Roland XP 50, Virus tb, Korg Prophecy, Nord Lead II, Ensoniq TS 10 , Korg MS2000R
by robertgray3 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:36 am
tombrignall wroteI read the forums for 4.5 and someone claimed izotope was a problem for them and control z. I don't own any izotope but I decided to try to narrow things down and one plugin seems to cause this problem for me: Get Good Drums Smash and Grab compressor. I just bought it and started using it on a bus. When I disabled it, everything works fine. Super weird. So try to disable some of your plugins and narrow it down and see if one of the plugins is causing the control z problems. It worked for me so hopefully it will work for you.

Glad you found it! There are a few plugins that do this because of Studio One's very inclusive approach to the Undo History. I think the best bet to fixing this is to contact the plugin manufacturers because I'm pretty sure they don't have to do it this way. When I noticed that VirtualCZ did this I contacted Plugin Boutique and they fixed it in a later version.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by inlikeig on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:05 pm
Any fix on this yet? I'm new to Studio One. I was seeing if I like it better than logic or pro tools and I do, but I can't work without Undo. Mine works on fresh projects but if I start recording or changing anything it stops. Not a good first impression. I will have to cancel my subscription soon.
by PreAl on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:08 pm
inlikeig wroteAny fix on this yet? I'm new to Studio One. I was seeing if I like it better than logic or pro tools and I do, but I can't work without Undo. Mine works on fresh projects but if I start recording or changing anything it stops. Not a good first impression. I will have to cancel my subscription soon.

Full steps to repro from a new project?
Have you fully read the thread, it's often related to third party plugins.

And please put your specs in the signature below.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by dziemian on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:42 am
Hi everybody, for me it seems that Presonus has tried to make things more complex like for example:
- I delate 1 arranger part (f.e. chorus) and going back with "undo" it's not that simple like 1 click "ctrl+z" and I'm back. I have to click "ctrl+z" as many times , as many was there tracks or other elemnts in this chorus. May be there's function how to choose which part I want to "undo/redo", but i dont know how ... - anybody?

For now it's like pain in the a@@ - instead of working I sit and click 20 times "ctrl+z".

PRESONUS please give us INFO, or FIX IT, thanks !
Adam
by Tacman7 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:14 am
I open the history panel and go back as far as I need to, one click.

I've don't remember having problems with undo. I have on occasion had plugins that catch keystrokes and don't let them get to S1.

If I click off the plugin(change focus) then the shortcut will work again.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by chuckpons on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:24 pm
So here's what I noticed, if I load a default template with various plugins, undo does not work. If I start with a blank template it works fine. So the plugins I'm loading are in this order

Presonus EQ
RX8 mouth declick
RX8 Voice denoise
Presonus Compressor
Slate Digital Fresh Air

Hope this helps
cp
by chuckpons on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:38 pm
....just a short follow up to above. When I click open new song and load my template "undo" works. If I click my template from the recently started song list on the start page. Undo doesn't work just thought I would clarify.
cp
by Bill Pillmore on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:55 am
I posted this in another thread:
I had this problem too in Version 5.3.065413. (5.4 doesn't show up as available for me. I am on the new Mac M1 mini. Big Sur 11.4

I fixed this problem of the command z not working and having to go in to the history to undo by opening Preferences/Advanced/Console/ and unchecking Enable Undo. GO figure!
As an added note I quit Studio One and reopened and rechecked the box and it's still working fine.
Bill
by stevebrodie on Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:00 am
I have been having this problem constantly recently. It seems that an Izotope plugin is spitting out all kinds of parameter changes, just by moving the playhead. The only one i undo is in the history list, which is not fun. I accidently move one thing and blam, no ctrl z, and then its total shitfix

-Razer 2017 Laptop
- Windows 10
-S1 Pro 5.3 Sphere
. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD, UMC1208, UMC202
-Synths: Akai Mpk Mini, Maudio
-Helix LT Floor

31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2