18 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I open the Console 1 GUI in a song on Studio One 5 I get a message that says - "Your DAW does not support automatic track names and numbers." The names of my tracks do not appear on the Console 1 GUI
And the location of my tracks does not align with the positions on the Console 1 GUI.
But when I open a song created in Studio One 4 the track names and numbers match.
I'm wondering if this is a Softube problem or a Studio One 5 Problem ?
I'm using Studio One 5 Pro on a Windows 10 computer.

Studio One 5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 2004
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
Softube Console 1 & Console 1 Fader
PreSonus ATOM
RME UFX+ Interface (Thunderbolt Asio)
by mivey on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:26 am
RuffRider wroteWhen I open the Console 1 GUI in a song on Studio One 5 I get a message that says - "Your DAW does not support automatic track names and numbers." The names of my tracks do not appear on the Console 1 GUI
And the location of my tracks does not align with the positions on the Console 1 GUI.
But when I open a song created in Studio One 4 the track names and numbers match.
I'm wondering if this is a Softube problem or a Studio One 5 Problem ?
I'm using Studio One 5 Pro on a Windows 10 computer.

Hey RuffRider,

I've observed the similar issue as well but for me the behavior existed within Studio One 4 as well so I'm surprised that it worked differently for you. When I was running on Cubase the track names were automatically assigned.

If the track names aren't picked up by Console 1 the dialog you get is basically Softube's disclaimer that the fault lies with the DAW so I seriously doubt you'll be able to get any type of support from them with that.

I'm suspecting since it worked for you in SO4 but I saw differently that it may be dependent on which version of the plugin is being used. Do you know which plugin version you're running? Is it VST or VST3?

Check that and see if it makes a difference. Also, what's your software version of Console1?

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by RuffRider on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:49 am
I am convinced that the problem is with Softube. When I open Studio One 5 and then open the Console 1 GUI sometimes I will get a message that my DAW does not support automatic track numbering & track names and then at other times it will give me a message opposite of that. It does not matter which plugins I use or if there are no plugins at all.
I 'm using the Console 1 Fader along with Console 1.
I'm thinking that there may be a mix up that has been set in my computer registry and I may have to completely wipe and reinstall my OS to fix this problem.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by mivey on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:30 am
RuffRider wrote........When I open Studio One 5 and then open the Console 1 GUI sometimes I will get a message that my DAW does not support automatic track numbering & track names and then at other times it will give me a message opposite of that. It does not matter which plugins I use or if there are no plugins at all.

You kind of lost me on this when you said it doesn't matter if there are no plugins at all. How does that work? If you're using Console 1 within the DAW, how do you do that without any plugin? :?
Unless I missed something.... with my setup I can't use Console 1 within Studio One without first inserting the Console 1 plugin.

You do realize that I was speaking of which VST version of Console 1 and not just any plugin on the insert, right?

Aside from that, maybe you're correct that it could be a mix in the supporting files. I'd be interested to know the result.

iMac Pro
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by RuffRider on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:34 am
OK - I see what you are saying.
Yes I inserted Console 1 Vst 3 without any other plugins.
I think I created this problem by using the Softube Central install system and installing plugins directly. I know that this should not cause a problem but by repeatedly doing this has probably corrupted my registry.
I had a problem with Softube plugins before and the only way I fixed the problem was to reinstall my OS. I'm in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 right now.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by mivey on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:43 am
RuffRider wroteI think I created this problem by using the Softube Central install system and installing plugins directly. I know that this should not cause a problem but by repeatedly doing this has probably corrupted my registry.
I had a problem with Softube plugins before and the only way I fixed the problem was to reinstall my OS. I'm in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 right now.

I hate that pitiful all in one installer.

Maybe it's fine for Windows systems but they've had a disclaimer that the Mac version is in beta.... and the truth is it has been for more than a year now.

I wrote Softube support and told them to do all the Mac users a favor and just drop the beta page. Any product that sets in a beta version that long clearly isn't worth spending time on if you can't get a working stable version by now :roll:

Anyways..... Good Luck on the reinstall. That seems to always solve software related issues 90+% of the time but I know you're hating it.

iMac Pro
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by mivey on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 am
RuffRider wroteOK - I see what you are saying.
I think I created this problem by using the Softube Central install system and installing plugins directly. I know that this should not cause a problem but by repeatedly doing this has probably corrupted my registry.

Curious to know if your issue was resolved by your reinstalling the OS? I'd like to know if this is a legit bug or not. I am working on some fairly large projects now and manually naming every track isn't working anymore.

iMac Pro
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by klypeman on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:32 am
I’ve seen the track and number problem go away by only using VST3 plugins if possible.
My 2 cents.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by frank.crow on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:21 am
I’m using Console 1 in Studio One 5 and it seems to be working fine.

I am using the VST 3 version.

I don’t know if this helps.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by mivey on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:07 pm
Thanks guys, affirmed that this only works with a specific version of the VST

iMac Pro
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by RuffRider on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm
mivey wrote
RuffRider wroteOK - I see what you are saying.

Curious to know if your issue was resolved by your reinstalling the OS? I'd like to know if this is a legit bug or not. I am working on some fairly large projects now and manually naming every track isn't working anymore.

Yes the OS reinstall solved the problem.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by RuffRider on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:03 pm
klypeman wroteI’ve seen the track and number problem go away by only using VST3 plugins if possible.
My 2 cents.

When using Softube plugins I always use the Vst 3 version.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by klypeman on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:22 pm
One thing to remember also is to have the Console 1 app running in the background if popup window is desired, easy to forget sometimes for me.
Glad you got it fixed.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by RuffRider on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 am
@ mivey
The problem I spook about is resolved but When I open a song that was created in Studio One 4 for the first time the Console 1 system gets confused and shows an incomplete GUI. I have been closing the song without saving it and when I re-open the song the Console 1 GUI shows the correct info.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by frank.crow on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:22 pm
klypeman wroteOne thing to remember also is to have the Console 1 app running in the background if popup window is desired, easy to forget sometimes for me.
Glad you got it fixed.

I initially didn’t know this and was freakin out. I still don’t remember how I finally found out.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by mivey on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:16 pm
RuffRider wrote@ mivey
The problem I spook about is resolved but When I open a song that was created in Studio One 4 for the first time the Console 1 system gets confused and shows an incomplete GUI. I have been closing the song without saving it and when I re-open the song the Console 1 GUI shows the correct info.

Glad you got your issue resolve but the GUI issue seems really weird. You may want to try disabling some of the GUI features in the Console option settings area and see if that helps to resolve that problem. I haven't heard of that specific issue but I have had GUI issues with the version of Console 1 just prior to the current version (2.4.99)

Support had me disable some of the GUI options and it helped.

Give that a try.

iMac Pro
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by RuffRider on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm
mivey wrote
RuffRider wrote@ mivey

Glad you got your issue resolve but the GUI issue seems really weird. You may want to try disabling some of the GUI features in the Console option settings area and see if that helps to resolve that problem. I haven't heard of that specific issue but I have had GUI issues with the version of Console 1 just prior to the current version (2.4.99)

Give that a try.

This particular problem is only happening when opening a song that was created in Studio One 4 in Studio One 5 for the first time. After closing the song and re-opening the song the problem is gone... There is no problem after that and no additional actions needed.

Studio One 5 Pro
Intel i9-9900 k
64 GB RAM
PreSonus ATOM
by frank.crow on Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm
mivey wrote
RuffRider wrote@ mivey

Give that a try.

Can I ask which options please for the next time the glitch comes back?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)