25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Try as I may I cannot get Studio One to see my Euphonix MC Mix & MC Control, I've got Makie Control enabled in the EUCON system preferences to Studio One App and set them up in Studio One as four external Make Control Devices using ports 1-4 but nothing happens.
I've tried various alternate setups but nothing works, searching here seems I'm not the only one, did anyone eventually get it working?
Appreciate any help getting this going.

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11/12, Live 11, Izotope RX, Wavelab etc -
Mac Studio Ultra, 64GB RAM OSX 12.4
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by alanbranch on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:02 pm
An update after hours of trial and error today, I downloaded lots of past versions of EUControl, installing & uninstalling between each version then I saw a post that said to replace the MIDI driver in library/audio/midi Drivers with the driver from EUControl 3.6, I uninstalled everything and tried installing 3.6 bingo that worked straight away! You still have to drop the Studio One app into EUControl pref pane and select Mackie Control and it restarts the app.
I shall do some more testing and experiment with installing a newer EUControl as it I remember it solving a problem in Logic & Pro Tools but for now I just want to see how well it works in Studio One 5. So far it works fine.
One other tip if you have the same problem don't be fooled by the Euphonix MIDI properties page in OSX audio/MIDI window having "Device Online" unticked (I thought this was why it wasn't working) it's working fine and this window is still unticked..It's just weird Avid drivers.
Searching for this online is hard to find a solution so I hope this helps someone.

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11/12, Live 11, Izotope RX, Wavelab etc -
Mac Studio Ultra, 64GB RAM OSX 12.4
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by ericma2 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am
alanbranch wroteAn update after hours of trial and error today, I downloaded lots of past versions of EUControl, installing & uninstalling between each version then I saw a post that said to replace the MIDI driver in library/audio/midi Drivers with the driver from EUControl 3.6, I uninstalled everything and tried installing 3.6 bingo that worked straight away! You still have to drop the Studio One app into EUControl pref pane and select Mackie Control and it restarts the app.
I shall do some more testing and experiment with installing a newer EUControl as it I remember it solving a problem in Logic & Pro Tools but for now I just want to see how well it works in Studio One 5. So far it works fine.
One other tip if you have the same problem don't be fooled by the Euphonix MIDI properties page in OSX audio/MIDI window having "Device Online" unticked (I thought this was why it wasn't working) it's working fine and this window is still unticked..It's just weird Avid drivers.
Searching for this online is hard to find a solution so I hope this helps someone.

Hey I tried the same thing. I installed Eucontrol 3.6 and finally got the Artist Mix to work with Studio One 5 ... BUT only with one way communication. The Artist Mix can send commands to Studio One but no feedback from Studio One. I dropped Studio One app into Eucontrol. Selected Mackie Control. Selected ports 1-4. In Studio One, I selected Mackie control and tried all the ports (1-4, in and out).

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by Skijumptoes on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:37 am
I presumed those devices worked direct with MCU/Mackie control mode and didn't run through the EuCon software when in that mode? I've never tried it though.

Shame Studio One doesn't support the EuCon protocol as it's levels above MCU, i've used Eucon with Cubase and it's brilliant.

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by ericma2 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm
leonseaman wroteI presumed those devices worked direct with MCU/Mackie control mode and didn't run through the EuCon software when in that mode? I've never tried it though.

Shame Studio One doesn't support the EuCon protocol as it's levels above MCU, i've used Eucon with Cubase and it's brilliant.

Yeah artist mix works on Mackie control. I'm still using Pro Tools but Im finally digging into Studio One since v5 came out and I'm really liking it. Been wanting to jump ship from Pro Tools for a lonnnnnng time.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by mannbarton on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:25 pm
And Avid and Presonus have blamed each other for the lack of Eucon support for years. 🤷🏽‍♂️🙄🤦🏽‍♂️ Monopoly...🙏🏾😅

Win 10 Pro - Intel Xeon @2.6Ghz 24 Cores - 128GB Ram - 1TB SSD - Nvidia Quadro K2200 / Nvidia Quadro 2000 - UAD-2 Octo PCIE - RME Fireface UFX - 4 Avid Artist Mixers - WA73-EQ - EQP-WA - Studio One Pro v5 - Avid Pro Tools - Neumann U87ai - AT4033 - Adam A8X - Ears!!
by Funkybot on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 am
Avid has been working with Stienberg to update their Eucon support so it'll work better with the S1 (the Avid controller, not abreviating Studio One) and publicly asked users of Cubase and other DAWs about Eucon bugs and missing features in their DAWs so they could get them resolved. I suspect they'd be more than happy for Studio One to support Avid hardware same as they want Cubase/Logic etc to do the same. I think Presonus just doesn't want to (Faderport) or just doesn't see the value in prioritizing Eucon at this time. There's certainly no monopoly. The DAW market is incredibly completive and so is the controller market. Remember: the Faderport uses a closed standard in Studio One, giving it higher resolution and falls back to MCU in other DAWs just like Eucon devices do. In fact, more DAWs support Eucon than natively support the Faderport series so you can call this a rare instance of Avid being the more open company.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by ericma2 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:27 am
Yeah Logic works great with Eucon. Not sure about Cubase cause I don't use it. Id like to mess around with a faderport but I want them to update the scribble strip. I think I'm gonna wait until there's a mkii on the faderport 8/16

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Funkybot on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:46 am
ericma2 wroteYeah Logic works great with Eucon. Not sure about Cubase cause I don't use it. Id like to mess around with a faderport but I want them to update the scribble strip. I think I'm gonna wait until there's a mkii on the faderport 8/16

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a FaderPort at the moment either. First, the lack of pan encoders for each channel is cheap. Having 8 rotary encoders, with a push, like an MCU device would offer so much value when it comes to controlling plugins. Plus, would bring it more in line with MCU. No idea who at Presonus thought it would be a good idea to eschew them, but that's an immediate non-starter for me.

Secondly, the integration in other DAWs is not terrific. I guess the Faderport deviates enough from MCU in the button layout and operation that using it in other DAWs leads to reduced or atypical functionality. Sure, it integrates tightly into Studio One...I use other DAWs too. I don't want to be married to one. An MCU device will work in any DAW, so if you're going to build a Control Surface, sticking closely to the MCU standard should be the starting point, and if you're going to build a better integration into your own DAW (like higher resolution faders/encoders or some DAW specific controls), then do that on top of MCU to ensure compatibility is maintained in other DAWs. Short version: your surface should be a fully functional MCU device in other DAWs, or it's also a non-starter.

A FaderPort MKII with 8 Rotary Push Encoders for each of the 8 channels along with a master volume fader and a kick bleep MCU integration when used outside of S1 would be a hell of a device. Add in nice OLEDs on the displays to rival the Artist Mix and NI keyboards for not too much more money and they'd really have a kick bleep controller IMO. Right now though, I'd be looking at the X-Touch Universal, Avid Artist Mix (if your other DAWs support EuCon and you don't need transport controls), or one of the ICON surfaces over the FaderPort series personally.

Note: if you only use Studio One, the FaderPort may be terrific, but it would still benefit from 8 Rotary Push Encoders at the minimum, and any Studio One+FaderPort user would be crazy not to want kick-ass OLED displays.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by ericma2 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:01 pm
Yeah I have an artist mix and is a pro tools user. I've been looking for an alternative for quite some time and none of the other DAWs makes sense to my brain. I finally gave Studio One 5 a chance and its work flow makes sense to me. I def need a controller for how I make music. But yeah it's a complete turn off not having rotary knobs for every channel and the scribble strip doesn't look too impressive. I am very excited, however, that presonus makes their own controller so there has to be a v2 of the faderport 8/16. I like Eucon also because I'll hop into a Logic every once in a while and the artist mix works well in it.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by ericma2 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:27 pm
The Artist Mix works now! I didn't see anything in the release note about Eucon but I updated S1 5 and turned on the Art Mix and boom! It works!

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by colliderman on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:04 am
ericma2 wroteThe Artist Mix works now! I didn't see anything in the release note about Eucon but I updated S1 5 and turned on the Art Mix and boom! It works!

Wait, are you saying the Artist Mix works as a Eucon controller? Or you got it working in MCU mode? Do the scribble strips display volume and pan properly? I had to do a hacky workaround to make them useable in V4..

Studio One Pro 5.2
2012 Mac Mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
2 x internal 512GB SSDs (system and record drives)
1 x external 512 SSD (samples)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
(former Pro Tool'er :mrgreen: )
by ericma2 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:22 pm
colliderman wrote
ericma2 wroteThe Artist Mix works now! I didn't see anything in the release note about Eucon but I updated S1 5 and turned on the Art Mix and boom! It works!

Wait, are you saying the Artist Mix works as a Eucon controller? Or you got it working in MCU mode? Do the scribble strips display volume and pan properly? I had to do a hacky workaround to make them useable in V4..

No just Mackie Control. It wasn't working with v5 but 5.0.1 made it so it would work under the Mackie Control protocol. How did you get it display volume?

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by colliderman on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:49 am
ericma2 wrote
No just Mackie Control. It wasn't working with v5 but 5.0.1 made it so it would work under the Mackie Control protocol. How did you get it display volume?

Ah ok gotcha. I just went in and modified some of the Mackie Control script to work a bit better with the artist controllers. To clarify, it's not showing the level meters on the controllers but now it shows the volume level when you adjust a fader as opposed to the screen just going blank, and also shows the pan when you turn the knob instead of showing the track volume where pan should've been.

Here's a link to the modified script if you want to try it for yourself. You'll have to replace these files each time you update studio one. Keep a copy of the original files handy just in case. https://github.com/colliderman/S1_MCU_Script_modified

Studio One Pro 5.2
2012 Mac Mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
2 x internal 512GB SSDs (system and record drives)
1 x external 512 SSD (samples)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
(former Pro Tool'er :mrgreen: )
by ericma2 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:39 am
Nice! Thank you! I'll check it out

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by lancecouri on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 am
I haven't been able to even get a one way connection. Unfortunately I'm running 10.15 which is 64bit so the Avid 3.6 driver is not supported. Has anyone got there Avid control hardware to work with Studio One V5?

Thanks!

Mac OSX Catalina
MH ULN-2
MH MIO2882
Avid Artist Mix
Studio One V5
by gaetzsch on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:45 am
colliderman wrote
ericma2 wrote
Here's a link to the modified script if you want to try it for yourself. You'll have to replace these files each time you update studio one. Keep a copy of the original files handy just in case. https://github.com/colliderman/S1_MCU_Script_modified

Great colliderman. Thanks a lot. How did you do that? How did you figure this out? I'm a developer. Maybe I can do other things, but I need an approach to do that. I compared your version with the originial files. It seems that you customized not only the xml-files but also the js-files.

Windows 11, Intel I5-12600K, Gigabyte Z690 GAMING DDR4, 32 GB RAM, Presonus R65, ESP 400 Series Telecaster, Ibanez LR 750, Fender Precision Bass, AMS Neve 88M, Fireface 400, SSL UF-8, Studio One 6.5 Pro, EZ Drummer 3, Melodyne Studio, VocAlign Project 5

https://www.justsimplyclyde.com
by lancecouri on Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:36 pm
Thank you for the link! I installed it as per the instructions but it changes nothing. The Artist Mix is not detected by Studio One V5

- Eucontrol software and firmware up to date.
- System prefs Eucon has the Studio One app dropped into it and rebooted
- Studio One prefs - selected Mackie Control (as per the files I updated with from Github) (I have also tried Mackie HUI and no change)

Not sure if I'm missing anything with the config ... if so, please let me know.

Thanks!

Mac OSX Catalina
MH ULN-2
MH MIO2882
Avid Artist Mix
Studio One V5
by gaetzsch on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:58 am
lancecouri wroteThank you for the link! I installed it as per the instructions but it changes nothing. The Artist Mix is not detected by Studio One V5

- Eucontrol software and firmware up to date.
- System prefs Eucon has the Studio One app dropped into it and rebooted
- Studio One prefs - selected Mackie Control (as per the files I updated with from Github) (I have also tried Mackie HUI and no change)

Not sure if I'm missing anything with the config ... if so, please let me know.

Thanks!

Did you set the MCU protocol in Eucon? You have to go to preferences of your system.

Windows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLTNob6gN8Y (at 50 seconds)

On Mac it must be similar.

Attachments
2021-01-19 13_00_36-Window.png
2021-01-19 13_00_36-Window.png (9.06 KiB) Viewed 8811 times

Windows 11, Intel I5-12600K, Gigabyte Z690 GAMING DDR4, 32 GB RAM, Presonus R65, ESP 400 Series Telecaster, Ibanez LR 750, Fender Precision Bass, AMS Neve 88M, Fireface 400, SSL UF-8, Studio One 6.5 Pro, EZ Drummer 3, Melodyne Studio, VocAlign Project 5

https://www.justsimplyclyde.com
by graytermedia on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 am
This has been a great discussion. As someone who DAW hops between Pro Tools (for work), S1 and Nuendo, I've been searching for the right controller. I have a C1+Fader setup, and while I love the Console 1, I have not been that impressed with the Fader. Because it's controlled by a plugin, I can't insert it on VCA tracks and I automate those extensively when mixing for Post.

I've been waiting for the next EUCON update to see if things are finally workable in Nuendo. If that's the case, I'll dive in on an Avid S1. I really like the Avid Control App with Pro Tools, but prefer the tactile feel of real faders.I have a Slate Raven on my desk at the office, and it's ok, but I haven't taken to it like my co-workers. I'm also running a PC at home, and I hear the Raven's don't play as nice with Windows.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Faderport 16, but I think EUCON has more to offer.

I guess I'll keep waiting. I'll be a happy camper when PreSonus adds more features for Post and I can leave Pro Tools behind for good.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9

25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2