6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

Before, the Soft Clip button of the Presonus Limiter could be snapped on using the tick box next to it to allow the soft clip and true peak buttons to be enabled at the same time. In Limiter 2 that button does nothing, correct?
by Tacman7 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Why would that be?

Looks like it's in the new one and it says:

Reduces square wave clipping characteristics when the limiter is clipped. Click to engage Soft Clip

It's on page 282 of the manual:

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... 072020.pdf

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5.1 64bit Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface:Komplete Audio 6
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm
If the True Peal light is lit, click on True Peak and it will switch over to soft clip mode. So yes a little unusual. You have to click on True Peak in order to get Soft Clip to light up. (or go out and get ready for Soft Clip)

If after clicking on True Peak, and that goes out but Soft Clip is not lit, then click on Soft Clip and it will then light up. You can toggle between the two states.

There are three options with this.

1 NO True Peak and NO Soft Clip
2 True Peak ON but no soft clip
3 Soft Clip ON and no True Peak.

Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by patrickviens on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:27 pm
Hi,

Well, I doubled checked and there is no additional check box in the original Presonus Limiter. But Soft Clip and and True Peak can be both on if Soft Clip is clicked first.

The almost invisible check box on the left of Soft Clip is in fact a Soft Clipping indicator and it seems that soft clip and true peak cannot be engaged at the same time anymore.

Soft clipping can sometimes sound good and True Peak offers a little more absolute output protection. I do not know if Soft Clipping can stop inter sample peak but I am not to concerned about it.

Thanks
by patrickviens on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm
Jemusic wroteIf the True Peal light is lit, click on True Peak and it will switch over to soft clip mode. So yes a little unusual. You have to click on True Peak in order to get Soft Clip to light up.

Yes, disabling True Peak enables Soft Clip? if both are disabled, we have plain Brickwall Limiting?
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 pm
True Peak (TP) Mode is the mode that prevents Intersample clipping.

Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

6 posts
Page 1 of 1