40 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I do have a mousewheel that can be tilted, but it's sooooooo slow, little more than one bar a second. Changing the horizontal scroll speed in Windows has no effect on Studio One.

Intel i7 6700k
12go DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
by PreAl on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 am
Lokeyfly wroteA few items should be :
*Polyphonic Aftertouch

I missed this. It's in V5, which will insure I will be upgrading at some stage.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 am
PreAl wrote
*Polyphonic Aftertouch

I missed this. It's in V5, which will insure I will be upgrading at some stage.

Thanks for that. That was a leading issue and makes me feel better. Cool beans!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Jemusic on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 am
PreAl wroteI notice the new Atom controller has a dial, I've seen it demo'd and it does scroll through the timeline, how effective I dont know.

I can confirm this with ATOM SQ. It still jumps one bar at a time but it is fast. Same speed as the encoder knob on a Faderport 8 in scroll mode.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 am
Jemusic wrote
PreAl wroteI notice the new Atom controller has a dial, I've seen it demo'd and it does scroll through the timeline, how effective I dont know.

I can confirm this with ATOM SQ. It still jumps one bar at a time but it is fast. Same speed as the encoder knob on a Faderport 8 in scroll mode.

:(

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am
*Polyphonic Aftertouch

PreAl wroteI missed this. It's in V5, which will insure I will be upgrading at some stage.

Lokeyfly wroteThanks for that. That was a leading issue and makes me feel better. Cool beans!

I may have misled you... sorry.
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=40559&p=238580#p238580

by samuliteerilahti on Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm
Sodium wrote
Bbd wroteA nightmare?
Can you post the link here to the FR you mentioned?
Thanks.

Hi,

Here it is: https://answers.presonus.com/8785/smart ... ddle-click

Why is this feature request marked hidden?
by Bbd on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by samuliteerilahti on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm
Bbd wroteIt's back now.

https://answers.presonus.com/8785/smart ... ddle-click

:+1

Thank you. :thumbup:

I would like to add my input to the request.

As it is written it could be interpreted like the old web browser scrolling type of deal. I would like the scroll function to work like grabbing the canvas does in most other software. E.g. Cubase, Reaper, FL Studio, BitWig and most photo editing and 3D editing software.

Specifically, Middle-click and drag drags the page, keeping the page fixed with the mouse cursor.

And it would be nice to have an option in the settings whether the user wishes to have the middle-click menu and/or scroll behavior, as I personally use keyboard shortcuts and never open the middle-click menu.
by anonymouspanda on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:54 pm
Voted for the request! In the meantime, found this gem of a little program that does enable middle mouse click & drag panning in S1!
https://github.com/lokanchung/StudioPlusOne

Works pretty good over here :D
by samuliteerilahti on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:36 pm
anonymouspanda wroteVoted for the request! In the meantime, found this gem of a little program that does enable middle mouse click & drag panning in S1!

Got really excited, but then realized it’s for AutoHotkey, so Windows only. :cry:

Anyone know if there is anything similar for Mac, with Hammerspoon or something else?
by Bbd on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm
samuliteerilahti wrote
Bbd wroteIt's back now.

:+1

Thank you. :thumbup:

I would like to add my input to the request.

As it is written it could be interpreted like the old web browser scrolling type of deal. I would like the scroll function to work like grabbing the canvas does in most other software. E.g. Cubase, Reaper, FL Studio, BitWig and most photo editing and 3D editing software.

Specifically, Middle-click and drag drags the page, keeping the page fixed with the mouse cursor.

And it would be nice to have an option in the settings whether the user wishes to have the middle-click menu and/or scroll behavior, as I personally use keyboard shortcuts and never open the middle-click menu.

Feel free to add that to the FR!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by samuliteerilahti on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Bbd wrote
Feel free to add that to the FR!

Oh, right! I didn't realize I could do that. Done. :thumbup:
by samuliteerilahti on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:07 pm
samuliteerilahti wrote
anonymouspanda wroteVoted for the request! In the meantime, found this gem of a little program that does enable middle mouse click & drag panning in S1!

Got really excited, but then realized it’s for AutoHotkey, so Windows only. :cry:

Anyone know if there is anything similar for Mac, with Hammerspoon or something else?

I finally found a way to do this on Mac with Hammerspoon! :D

I'll link to my post on the Studio One Tips and Tricks forum to avoid double posting.
viewtopic.php?p=248913#p248913
by eligordin on Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:17 pm
I use a Logitec G502 gaming mouse with a weighted/infinite scroll wheel. There are bunch of extra buttons on the mouse that you can program. You can program one for shift that you click with your thumb and scroll quite fast horizontally with the scroll wheel. I think it works pretty well. What would be great would be if you could use a 3d connexion space mouse to move along either axis and zoom in and out - similar to CAD software.

Studio One 5 Pro
Interface: Focusrite Clarett 8Pre
System: Intel Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30 GHz, 2900 Mhz, 6 cores, 32 GB ram. Motherboard Asus x99-a/USB3.1. Windows 10
by Sodium on Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 am
Hello,

Upping this one hoping to get some more votes to get it fixed and maybe catch some attention from Presonus. I still have a hard time believing that it hasn't be implemented, even with another key as it has been a standard in creative softwares UX for at least a decade.

I improved my workflow by having an additional keyboard that has a touchpad but man that's a hassle just to fix what should be handled by the software.

Intel i7 6700k
12go DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
by Lokeyfly on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 am
gregghart wroteMost mice these days have a wheel that can be "pushed" to the right and left. That does scroll SO5. In case you haven't tried that. And then holding CTRL while pushing the wheel to the right or left zooms in horizontally. Pretty slick.

Definitely. It's amazing how people don't access the full potential of a $10 dollar, 2 button with center scrolling wheel/button mouse. Add to that the keyboard action keys along with mouse movements.

I understand when some users perhaps when having to record, are away from the keyboard. Then, there's still a number of options. Even while I have a Faderport 8, I recently picked up a gaming mouse that quite honestly, blew me away with the control, panning, zooming, opening/closing panels, mixer, edit window, and macro functionality. All at a distance!

Yet, some feel the need to say it's a years long Presonus software issue.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there are also markers to make your ability to get to parts of a song, a one button affair.

Gaming mouse - For those interested, look into Razor, Corsair, EVGA, or Logitech gaming mice for starters. I have the EVGA X15 which once I set up, completely knocked me off my chair. For example, panning is performed by moving the scroll wheel left or right! The wheel itself has a camber and switches by that alone! Add to that up to 20 buttons (x2), and 5 more profiles, & 5 more dpi resolution settings, both instantly changeable on the fly, and you can guess the possibilities.

Above: EVGA X15 RGB
Notable others:
Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
Razor Naga X
Logitech G502
Logitech G600

I saw the feature request link. The onus isn't on Studio One for a "smarter" control of the center button/wheel, than it is managing either accessibility of what you have, or getting a more complimentary peripheral with complimentary editing software.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by thomasforeman on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm
gregghart wroteMost mice these days have a wheel that can be "pushed" to the right and left. That does scroll SO5. In case you haven't tried that. And then holding CTRL while pushing the wheel to the right or left zooms in horizontally. Pretty slick.

Ooooh, yeah! My mouse wheel does just that! Horizontal scroll is what I need most often.

Thank you, GH.

Windows 11 Pro 64; Lenovo ThinkCentre 720t; Intel I-7; 32GB; Studio One 6.1 and Sphere; Focusrite Scarlett 18i8; Yamaha MX61 kbd
by samuliteerilahti on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:24 pm
Lokeyfly wroteIt's amazing how people don't access the full potential of a $10 dollar, 2 button with center scrolling wheel/button mouse.
We are trying to, but Presonus is not allowing it.

Lokeyfly wroteYet, some feel the need to say it's a years long Presonus software issue.
Yes, it is. The method of navigation we are talking about here is universally accepted convention that works faster and is more accurate than what Presonus advocates or what you describe in your post.

Lokeyfly wroteI saw the feature request link. The onus isn't on Studio One for a "smarter" control of the center button/wheel, than it is managing either accessibility of what you have, or getting a more complimentary peripheral with complimentary editing software.
The onus? It should be in the interests of Presonus to allow accepted and industry standard control schemes, including ours, as well as yours. I like Studio One a lot, but because of this, and few other annoyances like the inability to map certain critical functions to keyboard shortcuts, I am assessing the feasibility of moving back to Cubase as the upcoming version 12 will not use the physical dongle anymore. (I mean, isn't the dongle why many of us are here in the first place.)

The bitter part of this is that the feature we ask for, the middle button panning, is already built in Studio One. Studio One works perfectly with trackpad panning, and that is exactly what we want Presonus to enable for the mouse. It would be a trivial effort for a single developer.

I have significant experience on peripherals from gaming mice to expensive control surfaces and experimental hardware, and I have studied control methods in DAWs, graphics- and 3D-design software and aviation. So I feel I have some understanding of the subject.

But I find your tone of voice somewhat condescending and confrontational. Care to explain why it matters to you that we don't get what we want?
by Lokeyfly on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 am
Interesting how I made points, and alternatives to not one individual, yet you bring up "confrontational"  (your words, not mine).

You can take that attitude over to Music Radar along with YOUR condescending comment. (Your words in full sentence)

samuliteerilahti wrote "I am assessing the feasibility of moving back to Cubase as the upcoming version 12 will not use the physical dongle anymore. (I mean, isn't the dongle why many of us are here in the first place.) . "

I'd agree that some of the lack of standard conventions are in place with Studio One such as the modifier keys such as the Control/Options, and Shift key (often used as Control).  I'd support any FR's (and have).
Additionally, the middle click mouse movement detection would be beneficial. There are scripts for it. You've commented towards them elsewhere. Until that happens, it's not worth jumping up and down over. I've requestted and FR'd that S1 have a forward skip loop feature. It's a fundamental task in every DAW, as well. A very common skip loop programing instruction. Developers aren't budging. We move on.

As for Cubase
In a word ... no. I've owned and used every major DAW except Sonar, and FL Studio.. I Beta tested the original Cubase, and before that, Steinberg's Pro 16, 24 sequencers along with others, like Opcode, and Southworth. For me, Cubase has become too bloated from the late 90's on, and too menu and text field driven. The UI is not to my liking at all and it impacted my songwriting. However, I do like a number of their features.Some are awesome. The dongle never bothered me, and actually has some advantages. Though I understand some aren't fond of the Cubase dongle. I'd suspect Steinberg will incorporate other protection measures,  so it likely will be six on one hand..... another cyber password on the other.

samuliteerilahti wrote "I have significant experience on peripherals from gaming mice to expensive control surfaces and experimental hardware, and I have studied control methods in DAWs, graphics- and 3D-design software and aviation. So I feel I have some understanding of the subject."

I really wouldn't care what gaming and aviation background you come from. The design in Studio One is what it is with a number of alternatives to work with. If you feature requested it. Thats it! There are scripts and modifiers to work with as you know, along with hardware alternatives. That was my position in suggesting even a few affordable mouse alternatives. BTW, for thirty years, I designed and engineered a huge amount of first qualification designs on let's just say, what I cant say. All on air, sea, and ground based equipment. That would be in Inventor (3D, Autocad (3D), and mostly hands on along with some of the most talented (far more than I) in that industry. Still, it doesn't mean diddly because unlike you, I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's easy for developers to add control over a mouse. LOL.

Studio One has less fundamental key commands than some other DAW's. Still, it manages, and completes a good number of tasks. No, you can't customise aliases like in AutoCad (different beast), though some of its macros and commands help. The rest is about taking what it does and making music. As we all know, the rest is the 90% perspiration of creating what it's developers already have intended. They'll be more.

I'm certainly not going to threaten to walk because some other DAW is losing its dongle.

samuliteerilahti wrote "Care to explain why it matters to you that we don't get what we want?"

I wouldn't be able to explain anything to your rather snide position, other than you continually rehiterate the same points in different threads.
Your cherry picking and being called out aren't appreciated. Take that to wherever you come from.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

40 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2