610 postsPage 31 of 31
1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
leonseaman wroteAs for backup, there already exists a backup and restore setting in V5 to automate and catalogue backups on a per session, per user basis (If you want). But it's also super easy just to copy the main Studio One user folder with everything inside anyway.

Nice to see some movement in this area - but I am more concerned with the "I need to completely reinstall Studio One" angle addressed a bit more fully. Especially when complete rebuilding a workstation. This use case is the most tenuous and while copying the main S1 folder "sorta" works - it's not a 100% solution and unless you really know what to look for - it will leave a user in the lurch. I remember documenting a reinstall of v4 during my last DAW rebuild in Nov 2018 - it required a lot of delicate work to get my exact (old build) "working " environment back in place.

leonseaman wroteIn regards to RX Connect, well, i guess ARA is the standard that most DAWs are building on. Studio One lead the way in that one, i think the greater hope is that Izotope move across - RX Connect can be a little shaky at times, so i'd like to see it happen.

Here I agree to disagree. IzoTope is joined at the hip with the Steinbergs and so on and continues to go in that direction fully. RX Connect works as designed with a Nuendo or Cubase etc so it is unfortunate. S1 may be trying to push the world to ARA but it is simply not big enough (yet) to move the Steinberg standards out of the way just yet.

While it would be excellent if iZoTope would give ARA a chance - it seems unlikely at this point. By the same token - it's is unfortunate that S1 will not allow RX Connect to integrate properly - I cannot see how opening that pipeline up would make S1 any less lean.

Cheers

VP
by leonseaman on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 am
Vocalpoint wroteNice to see some movement in this area - but I am more concerned with the "I need to completely reinstall Studio One" angle addressed a bit more fully. Especially when complete rebuilding a workstation

I don't know if you're trying to fish out as many negatives as you can, or this is a genuine concern, because most people backup via clone tools which will mirror your exact setup to another machine, even if you recall S1 to the exact state - everything else external to that also needs to be in place (Plugins, their libraries/content etc) before projects can be recalled.

With v5 whole backup/restore process can be automated and catalogued. So you just restore based on the configuration you want... What needs 'addressing a bit more fully' with that?! You didn't even know it exists, let alone tried it. If you were given the world you'd probably complain that a river was dirty!

This use case is the most tenuous and while copying the main S1 folder "sorta" works - it's not a 100% solution and unless you really know what to look for

It does work as i copy across desktop and laptop machines regularly to keep them in sync as i've been developing control surface scripts across multiple setups, so i know this to be the case.

If you have a specific issue then document and report it, so PreSonus know to move it into the user folders. Again, it's lean software, it's not spraying files everywhere and anywhere into the roots of your OS. What exactly failed to copy across from the S1 setup that you needed?

S1 may be trying to push the world to ARA but it is simply not big enough (yet) to move the Steinberg standards out of the way just yet.

Of course, this is why Steinberg released SpectraLayers with RX Connect connectivity, And not ARA. Because everyone knows that RX Connect is 'the' standard.. Maybe PreSonus will wake up so products like SpectraLayers can be used eh?! /s

it's is unfortunate that S1 will not allow RX Connect to integrate properly - I cannot see how opening that pipeline up would make S1 any less lean.

Because it's a whole new level of integration to the timeline and audio engine that has to be maintained, updated and supported. All for one plugin, which ultimately makes it propriety and not a 'standard' at all.

Win10 Desktop - I7-4790/IGU/SSD (Main audio machine) | Win10 Laptop - i7-950H/GTX1660Ti/SSD | 12 Core 2012 Xeon Mac Pro | 2008 Mac Pro | 2012 Macbook Pro | 2015 iMac | Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 + ADATs | PreSonus Sphere | Waves | Arturia V Collection | Komplete Suite | Mackie MCU | Yamaha MOXF8 | Roland FA06, System-1, TD-1KV | Korg Microkorg | Komplete S61 Mk2 | Maschine Mk2 | Nektar P6
by Vocalpoint on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:30 am
leonseaman wrote I don't know if you're trying to fish out as many negatives as you can, or this is a genuine concern, because most people backup via clone tools which will mirror your exact setup to another machine, even if you recall S1 to the exact state - everything else external to that also needs to be in place (Plugins, their libraries/content etc) before projects can be recalled.

With v5 whole backup/restore process can be automated and catalogued. So you just restore based on the configuration you want... What needs 'addressing a bit more fully' with that?! You didn't even know it exists, let alone tried it. If you were given the world you'd probably complain that a river was dirty!

First off - a question - what exactly is "clone tools"? And - please explain who are "most people" and how they are using them/it (or whatever it is) to replicate an existing Studio One installation?

leonseaman wroteIt does work as i copy across desktop and laptop machines regularly to keep them in sync as i've been developing control surface scripts across multiple setups, so i know this to be the case.

Well - I have seen enough threads on this from others ranging from massive confusion to sorta getting things working. If you have a fail safe method of getting this going - please share with the community.

leonseaman wroteBecause it's a whole new level of integration to the timeline and audio engine that has to be maintained, updated and supported. All for one plugin, which ultimately makes it propriety and not a 'standard' at all.

Well - that is your own speculation. You (or I) have no technical idea whatsoever what's involved with allowing RX Connect to work with S1 or what engine or code needs to be maintained, updated and supported. It may be complex and a complete PITA or it maybe simple. We do not know.

That said - this what I pay Presonus money for - to maintain, update and support Studio One. It's on them to keep it lean and operational.

VP
by leonseaman on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:01 pm
Vocalpoint wroteFirst off - a question - what exactly is "clone tools"? And - please explain who are "most people" and how they are using them/it (or whatever it is) to replicate an existing Studio One installation?

Something like Macrium Reflect, or Carbon copy. Allows you take an entire snapshot of your system with everything in place and port to a new drive, or hardware.

Most working with audio use this as a method to port across to new machines or replace drives, and it's used in conjunction with sequential/cloud backups.

Well - I have seen enough threads on this from others ranging from massive confusion to sorta getting things working. If you have a fail safe method of getting this going - please share with the community.

Sure, either use the new method which you've missed:-
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... re-Utility

Or, Copy the user folder, i.e.:-
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5

To the same location after a new install on a new machine.

Alternatively, include that folder into a cloud backup and the cloud restore function to rebuild it onto a new machine. It's very simple because of how lean Studio One is.

Well - that is your own speculation. You (or I) have no technical idea whatsoever what's involved with allowing RX Connect to work with S1 or what engine or code needs to be maintained, updated and supported. It may be complex and a complete PITA or it maybe simple. We do not know.

Well i develop audio software as part of my profession so i think there's a chance i may know a thing or two on the subject. But beyond the technicalities of what the codebase requirement would be, i've already explained and highlighted why ARA is the standard for integration into timelines, and that Izotope should, and will adopt to it moving forward if they want their users to have integration into the large percentage of DAWs out there.

Why do you think SpectraLayers went ARA?

That said - this what I pay Presonus money for - to maintain, update and support Studio One. It's on them to keep it lean and operational.

Yeah, hence why they manage the pathway of their software, aided by user feedback, and not your wish list.

You make claims that they fail to adhere to industry standards, when they're actually at the forefront of setting standards, and they do so because S1 is a modern DAW that's not laden with the bloat of many others.

Win10 Desktop - I7-4790/IGU/SSD (Main audio machine) | Win10 Laptop - i7-950H/GTX1660Ti/SSD | 12 Core 2012 Xeon Mac Pro | 2008 Mac Pro | 2012 Macbook Pro | 2015 iMac | Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 + ADATs | PreSonus Sphere | Waves | Arturia V Collection | Komplete Suite | Mackie MCU | Yamaha MOXF8 | Roland FA06, System-1, TD-1KV | Korg Microkorg | Komplete S61 Mk2 | Maschine Mk2 | Nektar P6
by Vocalpoint on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 pm
leonseaman wrote Sure, either use the new method which you've missed:-
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... re-Utility

Thanks for this but...

"This feature requires an active PreSonus Sphere subscription"

I have tried the other method:

"Copy user folder C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5

Which almost worked. I do recall having to alter a couple of files after starting up the new install. But really my point is - would it be so difficult for Presonus to add File->Backup and restore System Settings for us "Non-Sphere" users and let the program pack up (and unpack) what it needs? Would a nice to have is all I am saying.

leonseaman wroteI've already explained and highlighted why ARA is the standard for integration into timelines, and that Izotope should, and will adopt to it moving forward if they want their users to have integration into the large percentage of DAWs out there.

+1 Hope it comes to pass - have not seen any indicators about ARA from iZotope - however - they are due for their usual annual update to most of their key stuff. I am sensing that RX8 may be out in September 2020. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

VP
by tedmawson on Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:49 am
Tried to run up my Studio One 5 Sphere system today and it tells me that I have to activate, I click the activate button and it says my license has expired, I log into mypresonus and see that my subscription to Sphere is active.

I have done nothing to change my system, used it about a week ago and all was well.

Yes my Internet is working.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] It may have been a coincidence but I downloaded Presonus Hub as an update and it all worked again. What is the relationship between Hub and Studio One? Do they both have to be running for it to work?

Dell XPS 15-9550, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Inte
l i7-6700HQ @2.6 GHz, 16 G Ram, 4k screen w 4k external monitor. Presonus Studio 68c, Atom, Nektar LX61+ KB, JBL studio monitors with Sub.
by leonseaman on Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:18 pm
I believe hub is only so that your S1 plugins can run in other DAWs. But it maybe just triggered the sphere login when you installed it perhaps?

by tedmawson on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:45 am
leonseaman wroteI believe hub is only so that your S1 plugins can run in other DAWs. But it maybe just triggered the sphere login when you installed it perhaps?

Thanks, so hub is completely unnecessary for a Studio One Sphere user like me? Can anyone confirm or clarify that?

As a follow-up, after getting into Studio One yesterday, I upgraded to 5.0.1

Dell XPS 15-9550, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Inte
l i7-6700HQ @2.6 GHz, 16 G Ram, 4k screen w 4k external monitor. Presonus Studio 68c, Atom, Nektar LX61+ KB, JBL studio monitors with Sub.
by williamhajjar on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm
They still havent fixed Metric AB on Mac os Studio one 5? I see complaints to a couple months back.... I just got it recently and I just threw my money in a dumpster basically. Unusable on mac Studio one 5....... Great update presonus...

Constant crashes when using it, and it doesnt see the waveform load like many others have said.

Catalina 10.15.6 (this is the latest)
10th gen 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt 3
Apogee Symphony mkii Thunderbolt
by frank.crow on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 am
I’m really sorry it’s not working for you. I am also using Studio One 5 Professional and I was just using Metric AB this morning and it seems to be functioning. I haven’t had a problem with any of my Brainworx stuff but Melda, Waves and especially my Console 1 hardware have all glitched since version 5.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V5
Presonus Quantum
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MKII