608 postsPage 27 of 31
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
I still love S1
by PreAl on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:34 am
markbeling wroteHello Folks . I hope everyone is doing ok.
Studio One 5 definately has quiet a big bug. Open up a track that you were working on in V4 in V5. Work in it for a couple of hours and watch how your startup disk space gets used up. I have sent a ticket but you get the usual runaround whereas support should just try doing this and see if it happens to them.

Starting a track brand new in Version 5 seems fine. I even did a whole clean OS re-install and this issue persisted.

Just a heads up to all. I wonder if you guys and Ladies have noticed this at all

Suggestions...

Try deleting all the S1 cache when S1 has quit. Do this every time you follow the below suggestions..
Try changing the save setting, there is an option to save with/without cache now.
Try creating a new project with a blank template and then copying/pasting from old project to new.

And please could everybody update their signatures with their specs (see mine below). It would be nice to pinpoint the configs effected.

Thx.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by anonymouspanda on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 am
georgegalanos1 wroteAm I the only one who's SO5 spikes like mad?? It is impossible to work anymore. I have done anything I can think of, from BIOS to resetting everything, folders etc. It spikes even if I have one Kick loaded in S Drummer 3. Most of the spikes happen when using instruments, it just won't stop, its random, for no apparent reason. Never had any issues whatsoever with 4.6. I tried any setting I could think of. Including windows, killing all tasks behind, I mean everything. Any help, please, what the heck is going on?? Anyone else having trouble??

So as I've had the exact same issues I've done some testing, been watching the performance monitor etc. and did find a specific plugin that, at least for me, is causing non stop spiking. VPS Avenger is the one for me. Even without any audio playing, the 5 instances of Avenger I have in my project jump to the top of the performance monitor every 10 to 20 seconds and create huge dropouts in the audio. Disabling them immediately fixed my issues with dropouts.

Avenger is fully updated to the latest version, so I've just notified both Vengeance & Presonus about this issue. Let's hope it'll be solved soon. Curious to hear if you're using Avenger as well, or if it's another plugin maybe!
by Sergey_Panin on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:07 am
Hello! Please check this video, is that a bug or not? I think it is, because in v4 there's no bug like this:
https://youtu.be/vGsGizb-AEE
PS. Mixdown do the same. My system - Win10 (2004) Soundcard Presonus Studio 68C with latest update.
PS. Another bug here is that one of the tracks can be mixed itself with others and playing on one channel.
Last edited by Sergey_Panin on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Bbd on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:08 am
@pablorindt
Thanks for that info. It really helps to know what plug caused an issue for different systems.
:+1

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by chrisfocke on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:26 am
Sergey_Panin wroteHello! Please check this video, is that a bug or not? I think it is, because in v4 there's no bug like this:
PS. Mixdown do the same. My system - Win10 (2004) Soundcard Presonus Studio 68C with latest update.
PS. Another bug here is that one of the tracks can be mixed itself with others and playing on one channel.

Really strange also yes , i have a bug that sometimes the audio file doesnt play at al .. or the Solo part plays a whole different audio file :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

by markrobotham on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 am
chrisfocke wrote
Sergey_Panin wroteHello! Please check this video, is that a bug or not? I think it is, because in v4 there's no bug like this:

Really strange also yes , i have a bug that sometimes the audio file doesnt play at al .. or the Solo part plays a whole different audio file :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Midi is just as bad...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-YIriCXZHU

Bar 68 bass goes out of sync. Bass is from omnisphere, but have tried other synths too, same issue. Sometimes it goes out of sync gradually over time, other times just random.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 2700 8 Core
    32GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 5 Pro
    Notion 6
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ] [ 10% Off Waves ]
by George Sears on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:58 am
Came here to check the experience from others. Well one thing I've learned over they years of using a smartphone, is to never upgrade to the newest version right away. I hope it gets sorted fast... cuz I really want that new EQ.

My SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/georgesears
My MixCloud https://www.mixcloud.com/GeorgeSears/
My Twitter https://twitter.com/GeorgeSmusix

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (Kaby Lake)
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15
MoBo: Gigabyte B250-HD3P
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5
DAW: StudioOne 4.6.0
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
by Lasperanza on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:02 am
I've been in touch with Celemony regarding a graphics issue. There a few glitches using ARA on some tracks; the background to the notes being edited turns black, and the grid is great and white, plus redrawing issues. They said they'd be in touch with Presonus as this didn't happen in 4.6.2.
They did ask if I was on a 4K screen, which I am. Scaling at 150%. Windows 10 latest build.

Studio One 5 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM
Samsung 960 M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by HopTzop on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 pm
George Sears wroteCame here to check the experience from others. Well one thing I've learned over they years of using a smartphone, is to never upgrade to the newest version right away. I hope it gets sorted fast... cuz I really want that new EQ.

The experience differs from person to person. So far I haven't had any issues, running as stable as 4.6.

PreSonus Studio One 5 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
Steinberg UR22 mk II :: M-Audio Oxygen 49 3rd Gen :: M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
by garyshepherd on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Lasperanza wroteI've been in touch with Celemony regarding a graphics issue. There a few glitches using ARA on some tracks; the background to the notes being edited turns black, and the grid is great and white, plus redrawing issues. They said they'd be in touch with Presonus as this didn't happen in 4.6.2.
They did ask if I was on a 4K screen, which I am. Scaling at 150%. Windows 10 latest build.

That is interesting - I have been getting the blacking out of part of the Studio One menu strip at the top - when I am editing audio including in Melodyne. So this may be related to what I have been getting. Had the odd crash too while editing. Thanks for this - I will test some more and maybe make a support ticket.

Gary Shepherd

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Mojave OS 10.14.6, 64 bit, Studio One 5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Digital Performer 10, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 1.93, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Alesis Q49, Audient iD14, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by IanM5 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:44 pm
Lasperanza wroteI've been in touch with Celemony regarding a graphics issue. There a few glitches using ARA on some tracks; the background to the notes being edited turns black, and the grid is great and white, plus redrawing issues. They said they'd be in touch with Presonus as this didn't happen in 4.6.2.

In Windows there is a magic keypress which will restart the video driver in a couple of seconds without having to close an application:

Win+Ctrl+Shift+B

I'm not saying it will solve your problem but it's a simple thing to try. I've had cases where an application's menu bar has gone funny and this fixed it.

Studio One Pro 4, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd Gen), Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3, Akai MPK Mini MKII, Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)
Guitars, Mics, Synths, Upright Piano (tuned circa 2005), £50 drum kit, Wife (with Cello and Cello skills)
by Lasperanza on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:59 pm
IanM5 wrote

In Windows there is a magic keypress which will restart the video driver in a couple of seconds without having to close an application:

Win+Ctrl+Shift+B

I'm not saying it will solve your problem but it's a simple thing to try. I've had cases where an application's menu bar has gone funny and this fixed it.

Ian, many thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of this quick video driver fix. Unfortunately, it doesn't remedy the situation, but it's useful to know for other programs etc. in case something pops up!

I've had a few crashes on Version 5 during my use of ARA and Melodyne, which rarely happened on 4.6. It's to be expected, in some ways. The programming technology involved in both programs is very advanced, so to get them to work together... Well, I appreciate that they can in the first place. Even with the graphics issue (which isn't happening all the time, and only on certain tracks), it's usable. I'm sure Celemony & Presonus will get to the bottom of it together.

Studio One 5 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM
Samsung 960 M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by mikelabbee on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm having some interesting issues with the notation function - not sure if anyone else is seeing this. I've made some corrections in the notation view (so I can fix things before sending to Notion). The corrections work fine for the notes I'm changing, but other notes in the same measure suddenly move around. For example, I have a melody line in the treble clef and an arpeggio in the bass clef. I correct the notation in the melody line and all of a sudden some of the notes in the arpeggio are shifted up an octave. Very odd. The notation looks fine, but when you shift to the piano roll, the notes have moved.

Windows 10
10th Gen Intel CPU
by juvandes on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:26 pm
Does someone else has some crashes on Catalina?

I've a lot, since updated the V5... :(

I use a lot of Melodyne tracks, I don't know if that's the problem, but on V4,6 it was working good...

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Legaccy
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide
by webhamster on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 am
For me S1-5 runs very stable. There are a number of smaller bugs, like the edit window getting attached again after each restart, but nothing that stops me from using it.

Some songs created in version 4 had crashes. I fixed that by importing all tracks from older songs into an empty new song. Also re-created my default template this way. Just a few minutes work, well worth it.

S1 5 - Windows 10 - i9 7900x 32mb - interface: Quantum 2 - CS18ai
by kristiankolinek on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 am

I have the same problem with audio. When changing tempo or timestretch the audio, it gets out of sync and some parts play in different tempo. It helped me, when I bounced the audio.

EDIT: Bounce the audio does not help :D Also tried it on my notebook (HP EliteBook 850G6 - Win 10 x64 PRO) with integrated Sound Card. And it does the same thing, so definitely a BIG BAD BUG.

EDIT: I have created a support request.

Studio One Pro 5, Audient ID22, Maschine MK2, OS: Win 10 x64 Pro, CPU: i7 6700K 4.0 GHz, RAM: 16GB, GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060
by HopTzop on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:00 am
Has anyone had problem with Air Xpand2 from v4.6, v5.0 included? The plugin is detected, everything ok, but when I try, sometimes, to load a project that has Xpand2, I don't get any sound through my master. If I remove the plugin, save the project and reload it, everything is ok. I'm trying to find out if it's Studio One related or an Air problem.

LE: The thing is that's random. Maybe it has to do with the fact that on those projects I used an older version of Xpand2?
LE2: Seems it always happens with that exact project, in the end I removed that plugin and saved it for version 5. All seems to be ok, but that's quite strange.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz Max Boost 3.7Ghz :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 :: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB :: ADATA Ultimate SU650 960GB :: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
HP Omen-15-ce008nq :: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8 GHz Max Boost 3.8 GHz :: DDR4 8GB 2400Mhz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB :: Western Digital SSD 128GB :: HDD 1TB 7200rpm :: Windows 10 build 2004 64bit
--------------------
by PreAl on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 am
HopTzop wroteHas anyone had problem with Air Xpand2 from v4.6, v5.0 included? The plugin is detected, everything ok, but when I try, sometimes, to load a project that has Xpand2, I don't get any sound through my master. If I remove the plugin, save the project and reload it, everything is ok. I'm trying to find out if it's Studio One related or an Air problem.

LE: The thing is that's random. Maybe it has to do with the fact that on those projects I used an older version of Xpand2?
LE2: Seems it always happens with that exact project, in the end I removed that plugin and saved it for version 5. All seems to be ok, but that's quite strange.

Try..
Update your audio interface drivers and firmware.
If you are running ASIO4ALL uninstall.
In device manager disable unnecessary sound devices (like from Nvidia).

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by HopTzop on Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:23 am
Already on my latest drivers for audio/video, no asio4all, I use interfaces driver which is pretty great. The thing is the plugin opens fine, the right preset is selected, everything seems fine, but when I try to play, no sound, no meters jumping. Oh, also there is a click sound right after loading the project. Without that plugin, in that specific project, works fine so the project was recovered.

If I make a new project, add Xpand2, save and reload it, everything is ok. It only happens with old projects that were made before v4.6. I know at some point I updated Xpand2 and I know for sure I used the previous version in that project. I'm thinking that might be the issue.

--------------------
--------------------

608 postsPage 27 of 31
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31