11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Any advice is welcome.

When I copy then paste a section of both audio and midi events the redraw is very slow.
I've never encountered this in Cubase nor in Logic. 20 plus year user.

Please see short video demonstrating the issue.
Thank you!
https://youtu.be/Jvu2WlHaX34

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
High Sierra on External Thunderbolt SSD
Studio One Professional 4.6.1
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by Kip on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:32 am
Since I posted I've tried many things to fix this. It's not happening with midi or audio loops I've dragged in. Just those vocal tracks. This is a show stopper if I cannot get copy and past of recorded audio working properly.

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by Jemusic on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:59 am
I am sorry it is not much help but I did some testing and cut and pasted quite a large number of audio and midi tracks and over quite a range too and it was all instantaneous for me.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Kip on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 am
Jemusic wroteI am sorry it is not much help but I did some testing and cut and pasted quite a large number of audio and midi tracks and over quite a range too and it was all instantaneous for me.

Thank you very much. At least now I know it's not a wide spread issue and there will be a ration explanation.

I even bounced all of those individual events together and still had a very slow redraw with moving those events. The other 2 tracks below are copied and pasted just fine.

I'm perplexed.😯

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by Kip on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:54 am
Can anyone explain why this is an issue?

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by Robdp on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:54 am
Following this thread.

For what it’s worth I’ve had this exact thing and still get it sometimes. I’m not sure what the cause is but I’ve noticed that it can happen when copying over one track that has a lot of ARA melodyne processing on it OR it happens if I’m copying over a lot of information like you did in the video.
This is the only time I’ve seen someone else bring up this issue so I’m curios to see if you can get answers. It should not behave this way and I also came from using Logic for over a decade and never had this.

Producer/writer
MacBook pro i9 - OSX 10.14 - Studio One v4/v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert - SSL Sigma - Neve 8816 - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One
by Kip on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13 pm
I figured it out!

If you still have your comp takes ( lanes/layers ) Studio One does not copy and paste them efficiently like Cubase and Logic does.

This situation is a deal breaker for me as I do not wish to delete my vocal comp takes every time.

With Logic and cubase I leave them so I can have the option to re select, if needed , different comp options of the performance takes ( layers )

Hope Presonus can fix this.

Cheers.

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by Kip on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:06 pm
I tested on a rebuilt song. Same results with moving vocals which have comp lanes.
Very slow!

A show stopper. Back to Cubase.

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7
by robertgray3 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:57 pm
Kip wroteI tested on a rebuilt song. Same results with moving vocals which have comp lanes.
Very slow!

A show stopper. Back to Cubase.

Exactly how many layers are we talking? I Alt+drag tracks with a fair number of layers frequently and I haven’t ever seen it take as long to move them over as it does in your video.

Also are your specs correct- 2011 iMac? I do have 4 more cores than you and my clock speed is a bit higher, so that could be a factor.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Jemusic on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 pm
I have got a late 2011 iMac myself with High Sierra on it. I just tested on 4.6.2.

I did 4 vocal tracks with 10 takes (layers) each and about a minute long. Copied all 4 tracks instantly. To Kip How many tracks, how long are you vocal takes, how many layers per track.

I am happy to set up the same scenario. Looks like there is no lag for me though. No copying involved at all. All my tracks just pasted immediately.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Kip on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:12 pm
Thank you all for your replies!

Each has only 4 vocal takes.

Yes my computer is a 2011 i5 2.8 - 4 cores and 16 gigs of ram. High Sierra running on an SSD with loads of free space. I'm definitely perplexed as I recreated the song in both Logic and Cubase with no issues in copy pasting.😯

Glad to know others are not experiencing this so there must be an answer! :)

2011 iMac i5
16 gig Ram
Cubase 10.0.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.7

11 posts
Page 1 of 1