5 posts
Page 1 of 1
In the midi editor there is a function that allows for shuffling (permuting) the selected notes - that is very handy. But is there also a function somewhere for shuffling the timing as well but keeping the notes in order?

thanks
Last edited by gregh on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Tacman7 on Sun May 31, 2020 7:05 am
Humanize can change the start time of notes and or their velocities.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio Computer
Studio OnePro 4 64bit Melodyne Studio
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Nectar Impact LX25+

Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface:Komplete Audio 6
by gregh on Sun May 31, 2020 11:38 am
yes, thanks I am wanting something quite different
- perhaps I should say shuffle the rhythm so that say a selection that goes
1/4 1/4 1/8 1/8 gets shuffled and becomes
1/8 1/4 1/4 1/8 or 1/4 1/8 1/4 1/8 or whatever

- same timing units just randomly reordered
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:42 am
gregh wroteIn the midi editor there is a function that allows for shuffling (permuting) the selected notes - that is very handy. But is there also a function somewhere for shuffling the timing as well but keeping the notes in order?

thanks

Sure, in the note editor, highlight the notes you want to randomize.
Next, at the top of the editor, select "Action".
Select "Randomize notes" (under "Processes").
You will then get a dialogue box with different fields with choices for range and strength for independent settings of Pitch, Velocity, and note length. There are a few additional choices there you can check off as needed. Pretty sure you can maintain note order, for what it is you might be doing. Most likely, just don't select pitch as part of the randomization.

S1 Pro 4.6.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitoring: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, Other hardware/Plugins and Libraries, contact me.

My latest release from: Studio One

My last prior release from: Studio One

Latest Album: Amber & Blue

My music

On YouTube
by gregh on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:30 pm
permute rhythm.png
This is what I am after - first bar changed to second bar
permute rhythm.png (5.1 KiB) Viewed 70 times
Lokeyfly wrote
gregh wroteIn the midi editor there is a function that allows for shuffling (permuting) the selected notes - that is very handy. But is there also a function somewhere for shuffling the timing as well but keeping the notes in order?

thanks

Sure, in the note editor, highlight the notes you want to randomize.
Next, at the top of the editor, select "Action".
Select "Randomize notes" (under "Processes").
You will then get a dialogue box with different fields with choices for range and strength for independent settings of Pitch, Velocity, and note length. There are a few additional choices there you can check off as needed. Pretty sure you can maintain note order, for what it is you might be doing. Most likely, just don't select pitch as part of the randomization.

Thanks, I dont' think that works for rhythm although it is a great utility. I shall keep trying for a bit and get back with the settings if I figure it out.

This is what I am after - first bar changed to second bar

5 posts
Page 1 of 1