5 posts
Page 1 of 1
The online manual says that when pressing Ctrl+D, you duplicate the file or clip and it is placed right next to it. But if you zoom in there's still some space in-between clips.
by Jemusic on Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 am
Ctrl D does is not a command. Its either D or Shift D.

For the duplicate to be butted right up against the previous event, snap needs to be disengaged. If snap is engaged the duplicate will be put to the next snap position. Its in the manual. So if the previous event right hand boundary for example is just short of a grid line then the space will be created.

Keep snap on to set the boundaries of events to snap positions.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Sat May 09, 2020 8:01 am
Sometimes it can show you if you have a problem. I work in measures and paste midi onto a track in the arranger view. If it's not exactly a measure long (can't tell by looking) it will duplicate wrong so I can fix the problem.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by mikeverzosa on Sat May 09, 2020 8:53 am
Oh yes, sorry D.
Thanks for pointing that out. I've had Studio One for over a year and I'm only learning about the applications of "Toggle Snap [N]"
by mikemanthei on Sat May 09, 2020 8:56 am
I'm with tacman on this one. I start with snap on so that it's easy to get my midi regions exactly one measure long. And then when I start duplicating its lets me know if I have screwed up one of them.
What initially looks like an irritation can be a handy tool.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S

5 posts
Page 1 of 1