4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was thinking if anyone has used a Korg Kaoss Pad with Studio One? It could be any model, such as the KP3 while recording other instruments.

NG
SC
VM
PP
Oh, I almost forgot that I'm on ConceptArt.org. (Search for FightingSeraph)
Audio Equipment: Asus PC with Windows 8.1 that has the Classic Shell program.
Presonus Audiobox USB
Korg Electribe MX
MicroKorg XL
M-Audio Keystation 88 ES
Studio One Artist and Professional
Ableton Live 8 & 9 Lite
LMMS
by CPhoenix on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm
I've got Kaossilator Pro.

I love my box. It's got great sounds you can play w/ a swipe. Very easy to get creative and either use it to produce or add random sounds to a production.

The only issue is that these things seem impossible to sync with a DAW sequencer. They aren't meant for that, and i don't think Korg has any plans to give it that functionality. I wish it just sync'd up w/ midi in/out... it does not.

Nevertheless... I use it like it were any other instrument that doesn't sync (like... say, a voice or live guitar). I play everything live... it gets easier to get the performance right with practice. Sometimes I enjoy the mistakes I made and keep them. So yeah.... I usually play it live and record the output to an audio track.

Another way you can do it is to start your production on the KP. The KP sequencer only starts, it does not stop. So... you could start your track there and then press play in the DAW on time. If you press play on time, then you technically sync'd it up by ear, and could do whatever you want to do from there. I just use it as a live instrument though.

And the sounds are awesome. Very playable. I feel like 80-90% of the presets are usable. I don't believe you can really tweak anything.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by CPhoenix on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:58 pm
Oh... I forgot to mention.

It has some software that will pull the wave files off the KP via usb. So.. you could make some loops on it, and just extract & import into your session. That's another good way to use it.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by zenithian on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:31 am
Thanks for bringing that up, and I did consider getting a Kaossilator Pro, but decided not to.

NG
SC
VM
PP
Oh, I almost forgot that I'm on ConceptArt.org. (Search for FightingSeraph)
Audio Equipment: Asus PC with Windows 8.1 that has the Classic Shell program.
Presonus Audiobox USB
Korg Electribe MX
MicroKorg XL
M-Audio Keystation 88 ES
Studio One Artist and Professional
Ableton Live 8 & 9 Lite
LMMS

4 posts
Page 1 of 1