4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Morning. Later today I'm going to be upgrading my computer, and part of the upgrade involves a new solid state drive that I'm going to put windows and studio one on. I'll still have my old hard drive that I'm going to transfer from my old computer, once I get windows going.

So I'm going to put in my old drive, uninstall studio one, and reinstall it on new drive, using same product key. I have all songs backed up, but i'd like some reassurance that the uninstall process won't mess with any folders inside the presonus folder. The plug folder and song folders especially, templates etc. It would be a major pain in my bleep if I had to reinstall everything, and I'd rather give up, go do construction.

Thanks!
by scottyo7 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:35 am
Sorry, no one is going to ensure you wont have a mishap in losing files, etc... it's the nature of computers to occasional mess up.

See this for help
http://support.presonus.com/entries/21371025-Updating-Studio-One
Although you're not updating per se' the process is nearly the same.

I'd also go to your "My Account"/"My Software" in PreSonus and remove your current license which should then say 5 of 5 activations. When you re-install it'll take 1 license again.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by ftfc on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 am
Thanks... if I uninstall studio one, does it erase all folders, like song folders and the template folder?

I guess I could just copy them over somewhere in case it does.
by ftfc on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:51 am
this is a valid and honest question:

when i uninstall studio one, is it going to take with it all the sub folders and everything within it. thanks.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1