104 postsPage 4 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I agree that it is pretty terrible that this occurs, but until somebody can figure out how to make it in a way someone from Support can reproduce it on demand it probably won't get fixed unless it gets fixed unintentionally (which can happen during the course of other feature improvements).

There's a song I created that can reproduce this a while back but when I sent it to support they said it didn't happen on their computer. I did my due diligence- not much else one can do and I thankfully haven't seen it happen since.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gamzeustunlu on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:31 am
I have same problem for 3 days. It happened 5-6 times on different projects.

It happens (I guess) especially when I use reverb effects. (Room reverb, mixverb and Oldskoolverb). (Maybe on Guitar Rig effects too.)

I downloaded and put main channel 'Cerberus Ice9'. It seems fixed but I'm still afraid if it comes back! Was a terrible noise!

Should I put Ice9 only main channel and listen bus or every single channel I use reverbs?

Thanks for all your advice.

------
(Windows 10 / Studio One 5 / Focusrite Audio Interface)
by andrespalacios1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:44 pm
I have the same problem. I think the loud noise is coming out of a multi-instrument channel with LABS and AddictiveKeys on it. I'll try to reinstall those virtual instruments. Hope it works
by roland1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:34 pm
There's one instance of this that kicks out the audio driver on my Focusrite. It clicks really loud and then all the sound is gone. Forever.

I then either have to change the block size, then change it again or even reboot the system entirely to get it back up.

The number associated with it on the meter is 666. Obviously the most unholy of bugs.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Bub on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm
Don't hold your breath getting this fixed. It has been going on for many years.

Here's my "How to fix your 666" thread. From 6 years ago.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by roland1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm
I know. I should also have said "spoiler alert" for all the new recruits. :D

P.S. Geez, that thread goes so far back, I think some of the people who posted are already dead. :D

Bub wroteDon't hold your breath getting this fixed. It has been going on for many years.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Bub on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:23 pm
roland1 wroteI know. I should also have said "spoiler alert" for all the new recruits. :D

P.S. Geez, that thread goes so far back, I think some of the people who posted are already dead. :D

Bub wroteDon't hold your breath getting this fixed. It has been going on for many years.

Amazing how time flies isn't it? What was his name? Oldblood? His real name was Clive. I think he passed away. He had severe health problems then abruptly vanished from the forum years ago never to be heard from again. He was a really nice guy.

I knew several people from the Sonar forum who have passed away. I still have emails from them that I archived.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by kenstrahl on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:17 am
It’s a very odd bug. It will disappear for weeks and then all of the sudden.......

I can usually tell when it’s coming, always at the beginning of a session after an abnormally long load time.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Keystaton 61 Studio1 4, DP9, Mixcraft 8; EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
by roland1 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 am
Bub wroteAmazing how time flies isn't it? What was his name? Oldblood? His real name was Clive. I think he passed away. He had severe health problems then abruptly vanished from the forum years ago never to be heard from again. He was a really nice guy.

I knew several people from the Sonar forum who have passed away. I still have emails from them that I archived.

Wherever they've gone, I know they're in a better place. Better...in that they don't have the dreaded 666 clipping bug in the software they're now using — which is rumored to be "heavenly". :D

[Life. It's a big, weird, confusing thing...and then they take you out just as you're catching on.]

by wesku on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:50 am
This have happened to me now about three times. At first I thought it was connected to my new audio interface, but today it happened also with Quad-capture that I have used flawlessly for years. Insanely loud noise showing in master +6000. And I was using headphones, I was really started to worrying about my hearing.
Big thanks at pointing to Cerberus automute, with that I can continue using Studio one as I have used it for years and don't want to learn a new daw. Just have to remember to put it for every project. Really thankful that it have not happened here to anyone else than me, otherwise I would feel really bad if this would have damaged their hearing. But with V2 I had not this kind of problem, only when I started to use V5. I was also using only stock plugins + arturia reverb and Overloud THU.
I really think Presonus should find the reason for this behaviour!
by dougallan on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:59 pm
i had just exactly same thing happen to me 2 nights ago, while laying vocals down - it's insane. I will not risk damaging my ears further (it's probably permanent). I've been having all sort of crashes with S1 in the last few months anyway, which we could not fix - I'm using v4.6x, as well. To be honest, my patience has now run out - I can't deal with that kind of noise/pain happening again. I believe I am going to start using another DAW. Sorry guys, but this is brutal!
by guitarism on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:19 am
This has been happening to me.. and frequently. Mostly when I do recording in loops to get a good take. The software becomes unresponsive when it happens. I'm wondering if it's related to a memory leak because if I leave Studio One open for too long even doing nothing it hangs to the point I have to reboot my computer.

iMac27 with 32gb memory running Mojave. 3 acoustic tracks with Fabfilter EQ and Reverb as the only plugins. Recording a 24/96.
This shouldn't be enough for it to break into a sweat much less hang. I've been an loyal Studio One user for over 5 years but I may have to reconsider that. These kind of high severity bugs need to be taken seriously by Presonus and before adding new features. My system was stable and never had these issues until v5.

My ears are still ringing as I write this!

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by peterfreer on Sun May 23, 2021 4:07 pm
This has just started again after no issues since last year. Then, the problem started and resolved itself. I think the hard part is seems very random and quite shocking when it does happen.

Did anyone test the problem bypassing their audio interface? I am using Scarlett. I am going to do this now.

PF
Last edited by peterfreer on Sun May 23, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by peterfreer on Sun May 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Ear damage for sure. And speakers and headphones.
by lgbgnlhq on Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:33 pm
Hey guys, I'm joining the thread.

This happened to me a few times already and, as someone already mentioned, it's unacceptable. I felt like it blew up my ears.

I never had this issue with other DAWs like Logic Pro X or Ableton Live.

My specs:
Windows 10
MSI Prestige 15
Scarlett 3rd gen 18i8
Studio One Professional (but it happened in Artist too)

I'm using the Z mode, SOs plugins, Native instruments VSTs and Izotope Nectar plugin.

I hope Presonus will look deeply into this, cuz it's a big deal to me.

Cheers.
by jBranam on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:53 pm
i miss Clive

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Ognam on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:44 am
Same proben here on Mac mini M1, S1 5.4.1
happened during a recording session with a band today. Everyone war wearing headphones. :-(

Studio one 5. macOS Monterey. MacMini M1
by Ognam on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:01 am
last time it happened a while ago I captured it on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-e9hf2zx8

by danieltorres36 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:39 pm
This just happened to me as well, out of the blue. I'm using an M1 processor with Monterey, Studio One v.5.4.1, and the noise blast nearly blew my ears off. Unfortunately, it seems like Cerberus Ice9 is no longer available (you can still find it around, but SO won't detect it)
by Ognam on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:10 am
I also had it again and found out many interesting things about this issue, which in my opinion is related to faulty clip-ends. This causes some kind of "plop", like a very short impulse which triggers many plugins to produce loud noise. I demonstrated what I found out about it in three videos and already sent them to the Presonus support. Just waiting for an answer:

https://youtu.be/sj4wKa6bNwY

https://youtu.be/C_0ppO3sBZA

https://youtu.be/6N_kKgdR95Q

Summary:

- Issue remains in the open session after switching audio device

- Plugins are only enhancing the actual problem which lies within S1 (also Persons plugins make noise).

- The problem is not the end of the audio-file, but the end of the particular instance of it in the session (no issue with copy of audio-clip). Perhaps this is the reason why the issue disappears after reload, as the session with all it's clips is rebuilt then.

- It makes a difference from where the playback starts.

- loop recording is not the trigger.

- Issue disappears after switching to 32Bit precision and appears again after switching back to 64Bit.

I think the last point might be worth thinking about more. My Song Preference is usually at 24Bit as I could never see any reason to increase the resolution further, because the resolution that S1 offers for processing can be 64Bit anyway. As shown, at least today, the noise disappeared when I switched the overall processing to 32Bit instead of 64Bit. Could it happen that when S1 is recording at 24Bit instead of 32Bit-float there is any resolution error? Are most people recording at 32Bit float, and therefore not having this issue? Do this make sense at all? What are your resolution Settings (people who have this issue)? And what interfaces are you using?

And also send your issues to the support! This is actually dangerous.

104 postsPage 4 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6