1 post
Page 1 of 1
My DAW of choice is Studio One. I've routed my Maschine pads 1-16 to individual MIDI output tracks inside of Studio One so that I can record and mix my Maschine channels inside the DAW. In Studio One it works like this... I create an instrument track of Maschine, serving as MIDI channel 1 out of 16. I then create 15 more tracks that are set to the rest of Maschine's MIDI outputs. This setup allows me to record and mix all my drums from any Maschine group, but what if I want to also record percussion from Maschine, inside of Studio One? I would need a second group, so what I've done is created a second instance of Maschine in Studio One with its own 16 separate MIDI channels, for the percussion group. This is where the problem occurs. One of the Maschine instances is fully audible when I play the pads, but the other one won't detect the pads when I switch between the two Maschine instances. I think the two seem to override each other. Is there a better way to achieve two Maschine groups active for use in Studio One with their OWN channels? Can I simply use one instance of Maschine with its 16 MIDI channels for both my drum group and percussion group? If so, how can I split 32 MIDI tracks into 16 for one group, 16 for the other? If anyone has a better idea than what I am trying to do, please let me know. I'd like to create a template.

Thank you,

Aron

Specs: Mac mini (M1 2020) > Chip: Apple M1 > Memory: 16 GB > OS: Big Sur v11.2 - Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha HS7 Monitors > Studio One V5 > Maschine MK3 > Nektar Impact LX88+

1 post
Page 1 of 1