6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

When pressing the "+" sign in the console (to add an insert) no matter how I try, Studio One won't search for plugins when I'm typing.

It's supposed to work as follows:
1. Press the "+"-sign to add an insert
2. Type for example "Co.." to find the compressor
3. Press Enter and load the plugin

I can't search, nothing happens when I start typing!

I'm on a Mac, OSX Mojave 10.4.5

Really frustrating, indeed!

Cheers! /Jon
by Jemusic on Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:01 pm
I have just checked on my system and this all works correctly for me.

When you click on those tabs above the search window, do you see whats in them etc. Also when you click on the clear symbol to the right of the search window, the window should highlight. As soon as I start typing in there, all the various results pop up. This is a very fast and elegant way to install a plugin too by the way.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by rudolfandreasson on Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm
Thanks for your response!

I can search just fine in the browser to the right (instruments, effects, loops, files, pool etc.)

It's in the console (on selected channel) I can't search!

At the very top of every channel in the console/mixer there is an insert slot with a "+". Your'e supposed to be able to just press it, then write the first letters in the plugin your'e looking for, press enter, and boom - it's loaded.

There is no search bar, and isn't supposed to be. A bit of a hidden feature, but oh so important!

:D :(
by Jemusic on Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:59 pm
My search testing was done exactly where you suggested. It works for me in the channel insert position as well as the browser.

I did find one thing though. There is a setting in Preferences that effects what happens when you click on the + symbol in the console insert effects area. Go to:

Options(Preferences)/Advanced/Console.

There is a setting for PlugIn Menu It can be on Basic and Advanced. Mine is set to Advanced. If on Basic, click on Advanced. Click Apply and OK.

In Basic it just lists all the 3rd party plugins in alphabetical order and the PreSonus plugs are inside category folders. This is all a little more clunky than the search and hit enter method.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by rudolfandreasson on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:15 pm
Hooorraaaay!

It works! Thank u mate, you made my day! :-)

:+1 :+1 :+1
by maxwhyman on Sun May 28, 2023 11:32 am
Just going through this same thing and this was the fix. Thx :)

6 posts
Page 1 of 1