9 posts
Page 1 of 1
In a recent song started under 4.6.1, "packaging:editor.xml" and "packaging:notes.txt" show up as part of the items being saved. Normally I wouldn't care (figuring it's just S1 doing its thing, though I've never seen it before), but the song also now has some major slow-down issues, such as when I move an Arranger section (e.g., verse or chorus) to another location -- there is a very noticeable lag (say, 3-5 seconds) before I can do anything with the mouse.

I'm pretty much using just S1 stock plugins (and not that many as the song is just getting started).
I originally had Superior Drums 3 loaded, but wasn't using it and the problem continued after removing SD3. My other projects with SD3 and various other samplers do not exhibit this behavior.

So what are these "packaging" items, and any advice on whether they're interfering with the operation of the songs? I checked the F1 help and the PDF manual, and nothing for such "packaging".

Thanks,

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by Bbd on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:32 pm
Have not heard about this issue.
Can you capture a screen shot?
You should contact Support about this.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by SMcNamara on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:59 pm
Edit:

My attempts to create a support ticket using Chrome and MS Edge were both stymied at the "submit" stage -- nothing happens, and if I click to close the page I get the message I haven't submitted my ticket. Quite the cluster...

I have another route to try, and if anyone has seen this behavior it would be good to hear.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

by niles on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am
A Studio One .song file is an archive file (zip) containing several folders with .xml and .txt files but also preset files for inserts and instruments. So when saving a song all song data is packed in a zip archive. On very heavy songs the packaging process can take a little longer. But also slow operating storage mediums can cause a slower packaging speed.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by SMcNamara on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:39 am
niles wroteA Studio One .song file is an archive file (zip) containing several folders with .xml and .txt files but also preset files for inserts and instruments. So when saving a song all song data is packed in a zip archive. On very heavy songs the packaging process can take a little longer. But also slow operating storage mediums can cause a slower packaging speed.

Niles:

Thanks for the information, which makes sense. What's odd is that the song in question has just a few audio tracks and one midi track (running EZ Keys I believe -- I'm not in the studio). And isn't very long. As I've never seen the "packaging" items ever appear during a save before (possibly because they went by so fast, but...), I have to wonder why they show up for such a long time during the save on this song. There's something amiss in this particular track, particularly where moving an Arranger section causes a 2-5 second halt where nothing else can be done. Maybe I should just start the song over in a new file.

by niles on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:28 am
It sounds odd indeed. You could check if the file size of the song is bigger than your usual songs.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by SMcNamara on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:17 am
niles wroteIt sounds odd indeed. You could check if the file size of the song is bigger than your usual songs.

The song size is within the normal range of other songs, but thanks for the suggestion.

by stevemann1 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:17 pm
I had the same problem and traced it down to layers on my drum track. My drums consist of 5 different plugins each providing different drums all contained within a multi instrument. It seems having layers of the drums tracks was adding too much complexity. I deleted the layers and everything came good.
by Erkan Erdogan on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 am
stevemann1 wroteI had the same problem and traced it down to layers on my drum track. My drums consist of 5 different plugins each providing different drums all contained within a multi instrument. It seems having layers of the drums tracks was adding too much complexity. I deleted the layers and everything came good.

Thx for this!!! This also happens with Sample One XT. It was driving me crazy.!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1