9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone,

My setup is below;

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I am using logic pro x with my axe fx 2.

I have my presonus plugged directly into my macbook and my fractal also plugged straight into my mac book. To get any kind of vocals recorded, i have to switch my audio to presonus. Ill record (which you cant hear while recording or after recording) and then i have to switch back to my fractal channel to hear what i had recorded. I feel like ill need to connect my presonus straight into my axe fx but i dont know how to set that all up. Anyone have any idea how to set this all up so it can be all on the axe fx channel within logic? I know this is a lot but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm
What is this "my presonus " of which you speak?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by matthowell on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Presonus studio 24c
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:31 pm
matthowell wroteIll record (which you cant hear while recording or after recording)

Why is that? Seems like that would be the first thing I get working.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by matthowell on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:00 pm
So there is audio being sent into logic but for some reason i cant hear anything including the other tracks until i switch back to the axe fx audio track. Idk whats going on and why
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 pm
Sounds like your playback is through the fx.

Probably need to put together a flow chart of where the signal is going etc. and how it's setup in S1.

Can you plug the fx into the presonus? I don't think that interface has enough I/O to run an effects loop out of it and still have inputs etc.

Maybe some mac person will jump in with more info, I only speak windows.

Forum Moderator.

by matthowell on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:41 am
I didnt think about running it through the presonus! Ill give that a shot and see. I appreciate you trying to help!
by Tacman7 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:33 pm
Sorry, I was searching through your post but couldn't see what interface you have but now I see it's in the title.

The interface is your bridge into your computer, everything needs to go through it.

Not sure what your goals are but you might want to get an interface with more I/O.

Right now if you get your interface setup so you can hear what you've recorded then you could play guitar through your fx and record the output of it. When you have enough I/O you can have a re-amp setup.

I was going to ask to see your settings in S1 but you're using Logic. You need logic forum maybe to get your presonus working in Logic. I haven't used logic in so many years I would have a tough time.

Good Luck! you'll get there.

Forum Moderator.

by matthowell on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:07 pm
Thanks so much for the tips. I am still a newbie at this so i really appreciate your guidance. Thanks again!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1