8 posts
Page 1 of 1
If I record an 8 bar midi instrument part and then use the "Convert Part to Pattern" function, it only converts 2 bars of it.

I understand the default pattern is 2 bars if you want to insert a new Pattern per the Studio One manual. But aren't there any settings to capture the complete instrument midi part for the Convert Part to Pattern function?

DAW: Studio One Professional (latest version)
Audio interface: RME Babyface Pro

Windows 10 64bit machine:
(CPU) Intel i7-8700K
(Boot/Software M.2 PCIe Drive) 250GB HP EX900
(VST/Sample M.2 PCIe Drive) 1TB Intel 660p
by scottyo7 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm
Maybe this will help? :roll:

Also see this starting at 26:10.

Be aware of your loop setting and start and stop markers too.

If you've haven't already... Please add your Signature & Gear Info to your Profile Create yours here .
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home x64.
-S1 Pro 4.6.1; EZD2 2.1.8. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.95, Eleven Rack (all 64bit).
-Akai MPK249. 6 guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio FX8 monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Faderport;

-My Band: "2GUYZINABASEMENT"
-Just Me
by robertgray3 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 pm
That’s correct, it will truncate your pattern because the number of steps and resolution in the operation is limited.

Was the first thing I noticed with the feature. From scottyo7 rolling his eyes it sounds like he still hasn’t noticed.

I would much rather they have used their Delay automation feature here but that’s how they designed it /shrug

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by niles on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 am
robertgray3 wroteI would much rather they have used their Delay automation feature here but that’s how they designed it /shrug
phpBB [video]

But I would rather see patterns as an alternate editor for the existing musical data editor (key editor).
Like how you can have a drum editor, list editor, score editor and.... pattern editor.

OS: Windows 10 Pro | HW: P9X79 • i7 3930K • 16GB • 3x EVO 860 • AMD Radeon HD6450 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by BezowinZ on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 am
robertgray3 wroteThat’s correct, it will truncate your pattern because the number of steps and resolution in the operation is limited...
The max is 2 bars? I haven't used Pattern Mode other than peaking at it, but I know it goes up to 64 steps with varying resolution. Or maybe converting to pattern maxes out at 2 bars?

I've been meaning to check out Pattern Mode again. I remember some cool features in there. I try my best not to be too loopy, but using variations could address that. I'm going to take another look, though something about it turned me off last time.

niles wroteBut I would rather see patterns as an alternate editor for the existing musical data editor (key editor).
Like how you can have a drum editor, list editor, score editor and.... pattern editor.
Yeah, I remember wishing they had just put some of the Pattern features into the Drum Editor.

Studio One 4.6.1 Pro, Mac OS 10.14.6 (3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac / 2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB, RAM MBP), Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt, MOTU MIDI ExpressXT

Presonus, I’m still human! Please find a better security method, please.

And where the hell is my avatar?!? I get a little jelly seeing everyone else's.
by robertgray3 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:13 am
BezowinZ wroteThe max is 2 bars?

Max is 64 steps. It ups the resolution to accommodate note positioning. Depending on where the notes fall in your pattern, a pattern with a few events could easily be 64 steps.

Really wish they looked at how Maschine, FL Studio, and Renoise a little more when conceiving all of this, as it's not really useful to use the Melodic Pattern Editor when it's at 64 steps either. It's like using a Tracker, sideways, with a broken keyboard and only a mouse. ;)

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by waltong on Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm
robertgray3 wroteThat’s correct, it will truncate your pattern because the number of steps and resolution in the operation is limited.

Was the first thing I noticed with the feature. From scottyo7 rolling his eyes it sounds like he still hasn’t noticed.

I would much rather they have used their Delay automation feature here but that’s how they designed it /shrug

So are we confirming that the pattern editor will truncate an instrument part no matter what settings we have related to loop or markers?

I ask because I did check the markers and loop range and they are set for longer than two bars.

DAW: Studio One Professional (latest version)
Audio interface: RME Babyface Pro

Windows 10 64bit machine:
(CPU) Intel i7-8700K
(Boot/Software M.2 PCIe Drive) 250GB HP EX900
(VST/Sample M.2 PCIe Drive) 1TB Intel 660p
by robertgray3 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 pm
It will use the highest resolution it has to use to represent the notes in the Part in a pattern.

After it chooses its resolution, it is limited to 64 steps.

If you have a few notes that aren't quantized and a phrase thats a couple bars long, the resulting pattern will be very short and will not include all your notes.

Notice how some of these are 1 bar long and some are 2 bars? All of them have 64 steps.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2

8 posts
Page 1 of 1