8 posts
Page 1 of 1
https://answers.presonus.com/48423/mete ... ing-please

learned already same at 2015 to vote also

https://answers.presonus.com/3927/have- ... e-post-pan

Obvious to me you want to see on meters how panning looks right as you do it.
- Yes, it's true - do pan and nothing shows on meters.

Either as a separate setting PreF, PostF, PostP - or just replace post fader to also be post pan.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: added second link.
Last edited by Nip on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Jemusic on Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 am
I don't mind the idea of the meters being pre pan and fader in pre mode, but it would be nice to have the meters include pan or not in post mode. Its good to see how things look post fader/pan after a signal has left a channel and on its way on to a bus. I voted.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.6.1 (Mac), Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Funkybot on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 pm
I posted an FR for this in late-2015:

https://answers.presonus.com/3927/have- ... 3927#q3927
by Nip on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:18 pm
Thank you, I did really search first but obviously did not browse long enough back.
Voted :)

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by sirmonkey on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:47 am
If you really need the measurements, you can send the track to a bus, and
use the VU Meter there.

Not ideal, but that option is there if really needed, in a certain situation.
Good FR though... I voted on that.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic,
by Lokeyfly on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:20 am
99.9% of the time, I'm going to want to know the integrity of a channels pre fade, pre pan level. Its the logical measurement or constant initial feedback for gain level of your effects as well. If I need to see the results post pan, it's shown down stream if and when bussed, or in true tape fashion, at the master out.

All of the post pan metering under the sun isn't going to tell me the resultant level happening unless I'm hearing something else, and need some comparison. So I'd be for switchable pre/post pan. Not fade. Metering post fade is accomplished elsewhere, is cumulative by other routing, and be falsely represented for metering purposes.

So I'm voting "yes" guys, because on the checking side of things, it would just be better. So voting for both NIP, and Funkybots FR.
:+1

Likely useful would be some small simulated status LED that post pan is "on" for those channel's (owned a few consoles). That would mean Presonus need to anti up on Studio One's mixer design (could that be possible?). They've been sitting on their hands with this mixer, until we finally got a gain control nealrly ten years later. So lets see.

Ok, just voted, both FR's.

S1 Pro 4.5.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitors: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01. Other hardware/Plugins and Libraries, contact me.

Latest Album: Amber & Blue

My music

On Bandcamp

On YouTube
by jBranam on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:33 am
+2 :thumbup: :thumbup:

take a chance while you still got the choice

Ryzen 5 1600 : Asrock AB350M Pro4 : 32Gb 2400 RAM : Win10 64bit : Presonus 192 Mobile : Audient iD4 : Ultrasone 900 Pro : Blue Lola : Samson Resolv 50a : Ik Multimedia iLoud :

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Jemusic on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:41 pm
For me its more about how even both channels are of a stereo signal that might be leaving a mixer channel. Quite often with synthesisers especially, the balance of the L R signals is not always even arriving at a channel. Some patches end up louder one one side for some reason. I tend to leave everything inside the channel alone until the pan pot and it is there I might make the correction. A small pan adjustment can make an uneven stereo signal fully balanced again and sounding great with the image sitting evenly and wide.

That would be one use for me. A post panning metering option would mean I could at least see signals leaving channels are nicely balanced.

Level wise, post fader metering will be dependant on its loudness in a mix. So for sounds that are at a low level, you might might not see much on the meter if at all. It does at least show you how loud other things might be. Sounds that are loud and right up front in your mix and are going to show rather well on the channel meter too. At that point, that meter might inform you that a signal is too hot and causing clipping etc.

All forms of metering are useful. Having them as options would only add to ones resources in terms of gain staging throughout a production. More metering options may add to confusion too. It does put a little more pressure on making sure you know what you are looking at.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.6.1 (Mac), Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

8 posts
Page 1 of 1