30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
bluegorilla wroteAwesome information!
I actually turned off McAfee while in S1 and I haven't seen it happen again. So I'm thinking that's the culprit. But great info...I didn't think of that. I'll for sure use it if it happens again.

BTW, does anyone know how to (where to go) to enter a signature where I can put my specs in it like other users? I've looked everywhere and can't find where to do it. I know it's probably going to be a DOH! moment.

At the top of the page, click user control panel. Then click profile, and edit sig is one of the options

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by leosutherland on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:57 am
LOL just beat you there Matthew :D

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.1
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, Massive, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt/Reaktor Players+stuff, Xpand!2+AIEP3, PPG Wave 3.V, KLC
Reference 4, Reverberate Core

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC (Main DAW)
Windows 10 x64 (1909)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-2666, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro (Standby DAW)
Windows 10 x64 (1909)
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz, 16GB, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + Samsung 1TB 860 SATA III SSD
by darrenporter1 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 am
bluegorilla wroteAwesome information!
I actually turned off McAfee while in S1 and I haven't seen it happen again. So I'm thinking that's the culprit. But great info...I didn't think of that. I'll for sure use it if it happens again.

McAfee is Malware/Bloatware IMO. Hate it. First thing I do when I get a new computer is completely wipe every trace of its existence off my computer. Feel the same/do the same with Norton.

I enable Windows Defender and I have never ever had a virus/malware issue and it is very transparent... just does its thing without intruding on your day-to-day operations or hogging system resources like the other big players.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD PCIe Solo v9.11
Hairball Copper, DIYRE CP5, Sound Skulptor CP5176, Suhr Reactive Load
Lots of self-built tube amps, Carvin, Fender, G&L, Ibanez, PRS, Takamine guitars
by bluegorilla on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:58 am
Thanks leosutherland!

Studio One Pro 4.6.1
Intel i7-9750H 2.60GHz
16GB Ram
512 SSD
by bluegorilla on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Thanks also to matthewgorman for that UCP info.

I'm totally with you darrenporter1 on McAfee. I was just leaving it on to make sure the computer is going to work out. But I agree totally. I'm removing as I type.
I'm pretty sure it is what's causing the process interruption.

Studio One Pro 4.6.1
Intel i7-9750H 2.60GHz
16GB Ram
512 SSD
by leosutherland on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:42 pm
FWIW, I use ESET NOD32 virus checker, it's fast and light - and I agree, defo dump McAfee as soon as you ever can! :D

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.1
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, Massive, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt/Reaktor Players+stuff, Xpand!2+AIEP3, PPG Wave 3.V, KLC
Reference 4, Reverberate Core

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC (Main DAW)
Windows 10 x64 (1909)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-2666, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro (Standby DAW)
Windows 10 x64 (1909)
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz, 16GB, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + Samsung 1TB 860 SATA III SSD
by matthewgorman on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:59 pm
leosutherland wroteFWIW, I use ESET NOD32 virus checker, it's fast and light - and I agree, defo dump McAfee as soon as you ever can! :D

We use the same one at work. Barely know its there. I use Avira at home with similar performance.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by bluegorilla on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:39 pm
Hey matthewgorman.
I removed McAfee but the process interrupt still occurred.
I just updated my firmware and bios. I'm waiting to see if the interrupt happens again.
You mentioned to run LatencyMon for at least 30 minutes with the daw hooked up? I'm doing that. I've got the AudioBox up/connected and S1 running.

How would LatencyMon let me know which process is causing the issue. It's hard for me to tell. In the Processes windows, it doesn't have a "Times ran" or some count or other information that makes sense to me. I'm not sure what the Hard Pagefault is telling me?

Edit: It amazes me that LatencyMon states this computer is not up to snuff for real time audio.
In the main screen of LatencyMon, when running, the second progress meter is the longest. It goes all the way across the dialog and turns red. It has the ACPI.sys driver listed. I went into Device Manager and opened System Devices and tried to update Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System but it said it already had the updated driver.

Edit2: YIKES! I found this great help page on the web...
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... cy-issues/
It mentions many things. I tried disabling my wifi but LatencyMon still shows trouble with ACPI. In this document it mentions that ACPI driver issues can be hard to fix. Sometimes can't be fixed...:(
Sure hope I don't have to turn in this laptop too. This is one of the "laptop" "things" I was very hesitant about trying a laptop for. I was aware of them to some degree. But was hoping they could be fixed. I've still got time and will keep an eye on it.

Thanks

Studio One Pro 4.6.1
Intel i7-9750H 2.60GHz
16GB Ram
512 SSD
by PAE Seth on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:37 am
My processor is an I5-1021OU @ 1.60GHz 2.11GHz

That's your problem.

ACPI is the go between for the OS and BIOS. It is responsible for Power Management, Plug n Play, and other services.

Your CPU is rather weak. You need to tweak this system for real time audio performance.

You need to enable High Performance Power Mode in Windows. Disable Speed Step in the BIOS (big problem for slow CPUs).

After doing that, remove all externals, except for Audio Interface.

Run LatencyMon while Recording some test audio for 5 minutes.

See what the software tells you after that.
by darrenporter1 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:20 pm
PreSonus Seth wrote
My processor is an I5-1021OU @ 1.60GHz 2.11GHz

That's your problem.

ACPI is the go between for the OS and BIOS. It is responsible for Power Management, Plug n Play, and other services.

Your CPU is rather weak. You need to tweak this system for real time audio performance.

You need to enable High Performance Power Mode in Windows. Disable Speed Step in the BIOS (big problem for slow CPUs).

After doing that, remove all externals, except for Audio Interface.

Run LatencyMon while Recording some test audio for 5 minutes.

See what the software tells you after that.

He's already returned that laptop and got a real CPU. But now he is having the ACPI issues. But yes, he needs to still do some teaking.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD PCIe Solo v9.11
Hairball Copper, DIYRE CP5, Sound Skulptor CP5176, Suhr Reactive Load
Lots of self-built tube amps, Carvin, Fender, G&L, Ibanez, PRS, Takamine guitars

30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2