4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there anywhere on this forum to submit suggestions, either for S1 or the forum itself?

It took an internet search for me to STUMBLE upon that section. It seems to be an unnecessary extra step to not only suggest features, but to vote them up for enough support for consideration. I wonder how many suggestions don't get submitted or voted up because of this.

A section on this forum would be much more accessible. A link to where suggestions should be made would help.

Any way, the initial thought that triggered this post is that it is inconvenient finding post that I've participated in. Most forums I visit have some type of indicator next to such post. Some even have indicators at the top of the forum when there's activity in a posts one has participated in. Others have the ability to "watch" threads. Am I missing something?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by robertgray3 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:08 pm
You can subscribe to forums and topics here in the User Control Panel.

As for the Presonus Answers page, that's what they expect everyone to use and although it does work (some features I've had implemented with very few votes) it's kind of a mess as far as user experience goes lol. There's answers, rants, spam, and feature requests all jumbled together. Some feature requests have 6 or more duplicate threads there and tons of feature requests that show up even though they were Completed long ago. Because it's not really linked up with the system for tracking those requests it just seems that every once in a while someone from Support will login, notate like 30 issues at once, mark some as completed, then log out for a few months. I don't blame them, the system looks like it requires way more manual input than it ideally would.

TLDR: Yes Answers is for suggestions and no you aren't missing anything.
Last edited by robertgray3 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by darrenporter1 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 pm
The suggestions process works OK. I have actually had a couple of mine implemented even without a ton of votes. If the suggestion makes a lot of sense for all users, the developers don't just sit around and wait for it to get enough up-votes. The whole up-voting thing is there for suggestions that might only affect a subset of the users. I really prefer this system because leaving it up to a forum system is difficult to track, impossible to organize and is open to way too much drama.

As far as tracking forum posts, everything you are asking for is under the User Control Panel... Overview tab.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:39 pm
Sometimes I get the results I'm looking for then see that this was for S1 v2 or something.

Some answers are still good though, you have to do your own fact checking.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1