123 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
robertgilliland1 wroteI kinda feel like, once i have a stable version going, that is already playing nice with win10 pro and my RME drivers,i just don't want to mess with it. What am i missing?

Probably missing nothing. I too look for maturity and stability with my Win 10 LTSC and RME drivers.

But oddly - I do not ever upgrade "In System In place" (By clicking the Upgrade Now button in the Start Page). I always download the latest installer - run it and then carry on. Have never had a issue with this since v1.

BUT: I do wait until several weeks have passed before actually doing the above. This "gotta have it" concept of "A new update is available - Install Now" - does not compute for me.

The very definition of stability (to me) - is letting someone else go first. Would rather let a new release sink in for while and do some watchful waiting before making a move. There is no point to compromising my working system.

I also noticed some odd behavior between yesterday and today. Yesterday during a voiceover session - I was getting the standard "Upgrade" banner on the S1 Start Page. Today - I did not see this banner?

Any reasons behind that or is it by design to only pop up once in a while?

VP
by darrenporter1 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
robertgilliland1 wrotewhat am i missing
?

I'm kinda the same way. My only midi is drums too... the rest is all audio. I never had any issues that were show-stoppers. An occasional annoyance, sure, but never been overwhelmingly frustrated with an update. I'm on the current version and don't really have any issues that slow me down at all, but I always wait and see what's up in this "latest release" thread before I update.

What are you missing? I dunno... what version are you on? If you are happy, there is no harm in just staying where you are until there is a new "must have" feature.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD-2 PCIe DUO (two of them), v9.11
by rashein on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:31 pm
I purchased studio one 4 professional and it has been a total nightmare!!!!!!! before I post this I did reach out the online support team, I also called the and I spoke with some guy that had a accent and he was very rude he basically said screw you figure it out yourself..and the support team has been sending me the same email for 3 days it say something like look at these links maybe they will help you until we review the issue I'm stuck and I will also like my money back if possible or talk to someone via phone so they can understand the issue like some of my vst't are grade out and I can't use them but they do appear, also when ever I'm using it it will randomly just close out when I click on something. and my last issue is when I do some production I can save it and go back to it like the next day and my sounds are gone it says something about locating the sound and that sucks when you record some of your vst't are missing now you got to create another beat or hopefully you tracked it out and mix and master it and put it in mp3 format or wav please help me anybody please you can email me rasheinvereen@gmail.com Im not bashing presonus but my experience with them has been horrible........
by rashein on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm
I purchased studio one 4 professional and it has been a total nightmare!!!!!!! before I post this I did reach out the online support team, I also called the and I spoke with some guy that had a accent and he was very rude he basically said screw you figure it out yourself..and the support team has been sending me the same email for 3 days it say something like look at these links maybe they will help you until we review the issue I'm stuck and I will also like my money back if possible or talk to someone via phone so they can understand the issue like some of my vst't are grade out and I can't use them but they do appear, also when ever I'm using it it will randomly just close out when I click on something. and my last issue is when I do some production I can save it and go back to it like the next day and my sounds are gone it says something about locating the sound and that sucks when you record some of your vst't are missing now you got to create another beat or hopefully you tracked it out and mix and master it and put it in mp3 format or wav please help me anybody please you can email me rasheinvereen@gmail.com Im not bashing presonus but my experience with them has been horrible........
by robertgilliland1 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:03 pm
darrenporter1 wrote
robertgilliland1 wrotewhat am i missing
?

I'm kinda the same way.

What are you missing? I dunno... what version are you on? If you are happy, there is no harm in just staying where you are until there is a new "must have" feature.

well,
what i meant was,
if every time i upgrade to the latest (which i do), and i simply write over the current one (which i do) and NOT download it as a stand alone version,

what am i missing?

i'm on the version that is just before 4.6.1, so i guess, 4.6

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Stay", "The Time is Magic", "Trouble" & “The Wild Animals”...all found at Amazon.
by darrenporter1 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:13 pm
Oh... ok I thought you meant you have been holding off on updates...

I do the exact same thing, but like I said I feel comfortable doing that because I don't update immediately. I follow this thread for a couple days and see if it's safe before I commit to that. I also do another full backup of my songs before an update, just in case.

I feel safe with that approach and so far it has worked well for me, so IMO I don't think you are missing anything by doing that.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD-2 PCIe DUO (two of them), v9.11
by chrismarshall2 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:20 am
scottyo7 wroteI installed 4.6.1 last nite and still have the audio dropout issue (like many others).

I still get it, with the song file that became corrupted, But I've not had the problem recur on a new file. I spent a bunch of time last night opening up loads of songs to check they work, and then saving them under 4.6.1. PreSonus tech support just suggested the Import...Data workaround, but I hope they are looking a little deeper.

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by Quietly on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:17 am
This is not going to help anyone but I purchased Studio One 4 in April 2019 and have had every up-date since. I have a Mega 4GB of RAM on Windows 10 64Bit and have had zero problems on any updates. Now could it be that as I have no previous versions 3,2 or 1 on my PC is one reason that I am not experiencing these problems? Just a thought or maybe I'm just lucky. Hush my lips mentioning I am not having any problems could be a recipe for disaster :shock:

People who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4.6 Pro, Cubase 10 Pro, Reaper. Windows 10 64 Bit 4 GB Intel 2 Quad Q 9950 @ 2.83 GHz . Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, NI Komplete Ultimate 10, Izotope Ozone 5 and 8. Yamaha HS 80 Speakers, Yamaha Revstar RS 620 Guitar and a few other VST Instruments.
by Bbd on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:32 am
Thanks for that comment.Quietly. There are many users that don't have issues with Studio One.
Most of us here do try to help when someone does have problems but we are not Support of course.

For those that have specific issues, please try to outline the issue with repeatable steps so that others can try to reproduce it.
Most of you are aware of this. For those that are not, always give your system specs so we don't have to ask for it.
Then provide the steps to reproduce the issue.
If an issue you have cannot be reproduced, then it makes it very hard for others to troubleshoot.

Include screenshots and crash dumps if possible.
:+1

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by scottyo7 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:06 pm
An Update:

I've posted above about audio dropouts... and in a few other posts the last 2 weeks.

So as time allows, I've been methodically trying this and that to track down the issue.

What makes it difficult is that some users report this while many others have reported no issues... so it's not a global Studio One v4.6.x problem.

Last night, I may have found the solution. 8-)
AFAIK, this solution is ONLY specific to me... BUT the scenario could help others eliminate this scenario from being a possibility in their overall system, software and plugins.

After I check this out more and verify it, I'll report back with my findings/solution.

Scott

If you've haven't already... Please add your Signature & Gear Info to your Profile Create yours here .
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home x64.
-S1 Pro 4.6.1; EZD2 2.1.8. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.95, Eleven Rack (all 64bit).
-Akai MPK249. 6 guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio FX8 monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Faderport;

-My Band: "2GUYZINABASEMENT"
-Just Me
by zoheirmokeddem on Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi Guyz , i noticed that the crash when closing the app is going back in those version (back since a solid 5.2)

exit crash.JPG

the problem is more complexe here , and VERY annoying .

I noticed a loss of space in my comp so i investigated and here what i found

In the Temp folder , when laucnhing a daw several temp files are created but then when you close the session they get erased BUT if you get that famous crash , it stays and it can be quik a big loss of space !!

Temp2.jpg

So any infos about that is welcome , THIS and the windows 8.1 drop mis making use more and more sonar back and cuabse10.5 once i got finally super confortable with S1
by Bbd on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 pm
The reason you crashed is causing the temp storage to not clear itself.
Do you agree?
Then you need to find the cause of the crash first.

Bbd

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by scottyo7 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:15 am
I've posted above and in a few other topics about the audio dropout issue that some of us are experiencing.

Please see my new Topic/Post "S1 4.6.1 Audio Dropout: My Case & My Solution" to see if you may have a 'related' type of issue. ;)

If you've haven't already... Please add your Signature & Gear Info to your Profile Create yours here .

-Just Me
by garyshepherd on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:56 am
For general use (i.e. not tracking/recording) I have set a much higher buffer setting as plugins seemed to make the audio dropout occur - so far it has made a difference. So this may be something to do with CPU and plugin use in my system.

Gary Shepherd

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Mojave OS 10.14.6, 64 bit, Studio One 4 Professional 4.6 (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 4.2.3 Editor, Digital Performer 10.01, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 1.82, Bias FX 2 Elite 2.1.6, Superior Drummer 3.1.2, EZkeys 1.2.5, Alesis Q49, Audient iD14, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by robertgray3 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:53 am
scottyo7 wroteI've posted above and in a few other topics about the audio dropout issue that some of us are experiencing.

Please see my new Topic/Post "S1 4.6.1 Audio Dropout: My Case & My Solution" to see if you may have a 'related' type of issue. ;)

There’s a separate issue where there’s a 666 error. It’s not very common. A few people were referring to that but the issue is confused a lot by people calling anything and everything “dropouts” and not knowing what the 666 error is or where to see it.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by scottyo7 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:50 pm
I see a few posts over the last few years about error 666. It seems quite ominous and apparently no reason or fix has been found for it. :cry:

-Just Me
by robertgray3 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:44 pm
scottyo7 wroteI see a few posts over the last few years about error 666. It seems quite ominous and apparently no reason or fix has been found for it. :cry:

There's a lot of different reasons for it. It's like saying "there's no fix for the Crash Report Dialog" ;) sometime's there's something wrong, sometimes it's easy to figure out, and sometimes it's so rare that it may not even matter. :D

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:00 pm
scottyo7 wroteI see a few posts over the last few years about error 666. It seems quite ominous and apparently no reason or fix has been found for it. :cry:

Clearly 666 is some random number Presonus chose for errors triggered without reason or fix ;)

Naaa it's probably Satan.

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers). A bigly amount of other gear.
by Bbd on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:49 pm
No. Not without reason.

Bbd

by jBranam on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:41 pm
wasn't it Bub that called me Satan when i first posted about the 666 crash? lol man that was a long time ago :) cheers :twisted:

"Before I don the mask I don Diego"

Ryzen 5 1600 : Asrock AB350M Pro4 : 32Gb 2400 RAM : Win10 64bit
Macbook Pro 13 : 10th Gen Quad i5 : 16Gb 3733 Ram : Catalina
iPad Air 3rd Gen : A12 Bionic : 10.5 inch
Presonus 192 Mobile : Audient iD4
Ultrasone 900 Pro : Blue Lola
Samson Resolv 50a : Ik Multimedia iLoud

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

123 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7