125 postsPage 7 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Ditto on closing but started in 4.6.1 the latest version, not a problem before! What's going on Presonus?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jih64 on Tue May 26, 2020 1:20 am
No such crashing here on 4.6.1, rock solid for me.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by jsljustin on Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 am
Not sure if this is an issue with 4.6.1 or whether it was present in the previous version of S1 as well, but...

Basically cannot export audio now without glitches, meaning random (in different locations each time) pops and clicks in the exported audio. Have tried pretty much everything I can think of short of rolling back to an older version of S1. Tried realtime (which is what I normally use) vs offline mixdowns, tried different plugins and plugin chains on the master buss, problem persists through different project songs with vastly different sets of plugins on tracks and the master. Tried tweaking every setting like dropout protection, turning everything in my settings page on and off one by one.

Also (and this seems dependent on having a pretty demanding song project), no song plays now without occasional or almost constant glitching during song playback. Initially thought it was my audio interface, so I swapped it out for a new interface and all the problems persist. For the record, the two interfaces I have tried so far are Audient ID14 and Prism Sound Lyra 2. All drivers up to date. Windows 10 machine is about as optimized as humanly possible, but of course I am all ears if there is a setting I haven't thought of. Also started messing with things I have never needed to mess with in the past, such as disabling settings in Windows Sound (in control panel) like unchecking "exclusivity" etc.

All windows and hardware drivers are up to date, have run latency mon extensively and nothing there indicates a problem with my system.

I could try a support ticket, but not really that keen, as in the past, S1 support don't seem to care about issues.

My only two options is to recreate my song projects in Cubase, and/or roll back S1. Like I mentioned, not so long ago (say 3 months ago) I didn't have any of these issues, and no hardware had changed on my end during the time period between "everything is working well" to "constant glitches and glitches with exported audio".

Also, I get glitches with exported audio even without the message that tells me "Audio Dropouts have occurred", although I have also had that error message, where it asks if you want to delete the exported audio.

Ideas are welcome. At this stage, love S1 and so familiar with it, but these problems are forcing me to consider switching to Cubase permanently.
by petergreeny on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:40 am
jsljustin wroteNot sure if this is an issue with 4.6.1 or whether it was present in the previous version of S1 as well, but...

Basically cannot export audio now without glitches, meaning random (in different locations each time) pops and clicks in the exported audio. Have tried pretty much everything I can think of short of rolling back to an older version of S1. Tried realtime (which is what I normally use) vs offline mixdowns, tried different plugins and plugin chains on the master buss, problem persists through different project songs with vastly different sets of plugins on tracks and the master. Tried tweaking every setting like dropout protection, turning everything in my settings page on and off one by one.

Also (and this seems dependent on having a pretty demanding song project), no song plays now without occasional or almost constant glitching during song playback. Initially thought it was my audio interface, so I swapped it out for a new interface and all the problems persist. For the record, the two interfaces I have tried so far are Audient ID14 and Prism Sound Lyra 2. All drivers up to date. Windows 10 machine is about as optimized as humanly possible, but of course I am all ears if there is a setting I haven't thought of. Also started messing with things I have never needed to mess with in the past, such as disabling settings in Windows Sound (in control panel) like unchecking "exclusivity" etc.

All windows and hardware drivers are up to date, have run latency mon extensively and nothing there indicates a problem with my system.

I could try a support ticket, but not really that keen, as in the past, S1 support don't seem to care about issues.

My only two options is to recreate my song projects in Cubase, and/or roll back S1. Like I mentioned, not so long ago (say 3 months ago) I didn't have any of these issues, and no hardware had changed on my end during the time period between "everything is working well" to "constant glitches and glitches with exported audio".

Also, I get glitches with exported audio even without the message that tells me "Audio Dropouts have occurred", although I have also had that error message, where it asks if you want to delete the exported audio.

Ideas are welcome. At this stage, love S1 and so familiar with it, but these problems are forcing me to consider switching to Cubase permanently.

Justin, I have the identical problem on Mac OSX Mojave with V 4.6.1. I've just downloaded Version 4.1.4 for the first time and these problems are not present in it. So, this is certainly an issue with 4.6 (haven't tried 4.5 yet but will do so). Did you ever find a solution or receive support on this? It renders the DAW unusable.
by jsljustin on Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:28 am
petergreeny wroteJustin, I have the identical problem on Mac OSX Mojave with V 4.6.1. I've just downloaded Version 4.1.4 for the first time and these problems are not present in it. So, this is certainly an issue with 4.6 (haven't tried 4.5 yet but will do so). Did you ever find a solution or receive support on this? It renders the DAW unusable.

Hi Peter,
thanks for the reply. I didn't find a complete solution, but I ended up going out and buying an RME babyface Pro and whilst the issues have not completely gone away, they are improved with the Babyface Pro.

I suspect but don't know that it seems to be some issue with the audio stream and/or buffering. It could be any one of the myriad of settings in Studio One designed to help with dropout protection and low latency, although I am not sure about that. It may be that some hardware / driver / audio interfaces don't play well with the later versions of Studio One.

I agree that the problem wasn't present in earlier versions of Studio One, I only started noticing problems in the last couple of Studio One updates. I am reluctant to contact S1 support as in the past they don't seem to care much about resolving issues, although that was some years ago and things may have changed more recently.

The only suggestion I can offer is to roll back to a version of Studio One that works well for you, and hope that a future version might address these issues.

Cheers -

125 postsPage 7 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7