28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I posted above too...

To add gas to my fire... :oops:
By coincidence, I created a "Local Acct" before I updated to 4.6.1 and planned to specifically work in it and later delete my default Microsoft registered account.
So... I thought some Studio One settings (User/AppData/Roaming/PreSonus) didn't carry over to my Local acct from the default Microsoft registered account. :?:

-Last nite I tried opening this song in both accounts.
-My song plays the midi drums for the song start, then the dropout occurs either at the start or a few seconds into the intro guitar track*.
-In my case it seems to happen on the *same (Audio) track within the same song.
-This song was created in version 3.x (I'll record many ideas then work on them sporadically as I write more).

-I tried what GMHague stated above - which is to open any track in the Editor. I did this (within my MS acct) and it played fine every time. I even made some edits (didn't save) and it continued to play fine. I then closed the song and S1.
-However, when I switched to my Local account, the issue was still there on the same track - even with any track open in the Editor.
-I didn't try other places withing the song as this single one is a show stopper!

-So is one consensus is that this doesn't occur at all when a song is completely created within version 4.6.1?
-I don't quite get 'how to' since I've never done it - but I'll try to glean how to create a song in 4.6.1 and load it up with the files from whence it was created. :roll:

Oh... and did I state that this is one BIG PITA and has never occurred with me before when updating to a new version in Studio One. :o

Scott

If you've not already done so... Please add your Signature & Gear Spec's to your Profile Here.
ASUS Laptop, i7 3820QM; 16GB; 2 Samsung 840 SSD's; NVIDIA GTX 670MX; Win 8.1.
S1 Pro 4.6.1; EZD2 2.1.8. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite. Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, (all 64bit).
Akai MPK249. 6 guitars. Eleven Rack, 2 Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
Fluid Audio FX8 monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Faderport;

-My Band: "2GUYZINABASEMENT"
-Just Me
by niles on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:15 am
GMHague wroteIs there any way, or any metadata somewhere, that can confirm whether or not I started this Song in 4.5?
Song > Song Setup > General > Generator shows the last version used to save the song.

OS: Windows 10 Pro | HW: P9X79 • i7 3930K • 16GB • 3x EVO 860 • AMD Radeon HD6450 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by GMHague on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 am
Just following this up for everyone involved in the thread...

It's taken almost ten days of mucking around to get my new, cloned SSD to be bootable - not easy! Now S1 is behaving itself with new 4.6 projects, and the occasional older project too. But I haven't deliberately sought out an older Song to see if the problem persists. I'm expecting, as others have said, that as I initialise more Songs in 4.6 and the workflow moves further away from older Songs, the problem will kind of fade away...

Cheers!
by Bbd on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:02 am
Thanks for that update! Glad it is getting resolved on your end.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM
by chrismarshall2 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:35 am
Hey guys - interesting developments here.

I tried the 'open in Editor' trick (I'm assuming here you mean double clicking the audio clip to launch it into the lower pane, yes?). That didn't help me.

The local account thing sounds interesting, but unless I've been sleep walking or the cat is doing night school, I haven't changed anything on my pc since well before the 4.6 update. I login to Windows using the same ID I've had for years.

I still have a copy of the song file that will crash every time, but I rescued it with a recreate/re-import a while back. Since then I've had another song do the same, and one other that somehow contracted a bad Omnisphere insert (fixed by removing the instrument track entirely and just adding Omni back again).

I dunno, maybe it is just me but I'm not feeling great about 4.6. Looking forward to 4.7 really...

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by robertgray3 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am
Can you send me the song files for the sessions that have this occur? If it’s a pain to pack up all the audio etc. then just send the song file, I have a feeling that there’s gonna be some go to mixing plug-ins of mine that are also in your song files

My feature requests (every vote helps!)

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by GMHague on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am
robertgray3 wroteCan you send me the song files for the sessions that have this occur? If it’s a pain to pack up all the audio etc. then just send the song file, I have a feeling that there’s gonna be some go to mixing plug-ins of mine that are also in your song files

FWIW, my problems were in an audiobook project. High track count at 44/16, but bare bones plugins.
by chrismarshall2 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:59 am
robertgray3 wroteCan you send me the song files for the sessions that have this occur? If it’s a pain to pack up all the audio etc. then just send the song file, I have a feeling that there’s gonna be some go to mixing plug-ins of mine that are also in your song files

pm sent.

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6

28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2