16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Originally posted in S1 4.6 Official Thread but gained little traction...

"New problem with 4.6...!?

After analyzing/ editing with Melodyne (latest version 4.2.4) I'm no longer able to open the event in the edit page, either from the edit tab, by clicking on the event or from the faderport - only the Melodyne gui is opened, the S1 'Edit' page is no longer availble for said event!

I've checked this on an old song and a new song in S14.6, same result. Opened S1 3.5 and behaviour is as expected i.e. a 'Melodyned' event can be opened either in the 'Edit' page or the Melodyne gui.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Regards...."

For PreAl this also occurs in existing songs and newly created song with just one Melodyne analysed track and no other plugins open!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Steve Carter on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 am
I'm talking to myself - could be I need more medication - anyway, no input for this post after a couple of weeks so I guess this is a problem unique to me... (My wife would say not the only one).

So, what's the safe way to uninstall S1v4 and then reinstall without losing backup files and other S1 registries like locations (which I lost last time and took ages to rebuild again!)?

Windows 10 Pro - latest version of S1v4.6
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by Bbd on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am
On my side, I can confirm that we do not have a choice of which editor we want to use between Melodyne and Presonus once Melodyne is engaged.
Don't know if this is by design now. I'll ask around too.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by peterbirch on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:35 pm
I can confirm that this is a problem with me too on win8.1 and S1 4.6.
To PreAl put this on your new bug page

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Steve Carter on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:27 pm
Thanks for responding guys, looks like I'm not unique after all... It would appear to be a bug! This does not occur in S1v3.5.

by Steve Carter on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:48 pm
I've initiated a support request for this bug - watch this space, but don't hold your breath cos a maintenance update went live only today, so don't expect a fix any time soon!

Regards....

by scottyo7 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:36 pm
OK, you're not the only one.
I was using Melodyne a few days ago and noticed this too.

When zooming in to fix minutia, I like to ensure I'm on the correct note(s) and within the correct event/location by using S1's editor too... but couldn't. :roll:

P.S. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Melodynes' editor GUI.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by peterbirch on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 pm
Well Steve it appears that it is still not fixed in 4.6.1

Again this just proves that the QA dept is NOT doing their job. How large a font did Steve have to used, in the first place, to get their attention?

This is not good enough. TEST THINGS PROPERLY!!!. This is not some obscure bug. This sticks out like "Dog's dusters"

Now I suppose we have to wait another 2 months to even see if it gets recognized.....

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Bbd on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:33 pm
This has already been reported.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 am
Update: As of Studio One version 4 when the Pattern Editor was introduced, the Studio One audio editor is not available when using Melodyne to edit instead.
So this change was by design.
Hope this helps.

Bbd

by Steve Carter on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm
Mmmm....
By design - why?
I obviously missed this because I bought into v4 when it was on offer some time after its release and didn't actually start using it until after the 4.5 update.
But again why the change? - I can imagine a conflict between editing in the edit page and melodyne if the event isn't rendered first but I hadn't noticed any problems with the workflow previous to v4 and the problem only became noticeable when I opened a song in v4 and ... hang on a minute, why can't I do that - what's gone wrong?

Thanks and regards
p.s. Still waiting on an answer from support!

by darrenporter1 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:15 pm
As far as I know, this is how it has always worked. As a workaround, You can always remove melodyne, go make your changes and then reload it or you can print your track with melodyne's changes and then edit that track.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Bbd on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Yes that's what I have always done. I did not have a need to use both editors at the same time so it was never a concern for me.

Bbd

by Steve Carter on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:28 pm
darrenporter1 wroteAs far as I know, this is how it has always worked.

I allready checked this and in S1v3.5 it is possible to open an event with Melodyne analysis in both the Melodyne shell and in the S1 'Edit' page. So my question remains - why has this changed?

Regards....

by Lawrence on Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:42 pm
I suppose the question is what else would you want to do to that audio in the native editor that technically isn't even what you're hearing. The audio you hear (afaik, anyway) is coming from the Melodyne cache, not from the audio event on the timeline.

ARA appears to recognize splits, fades, clip gain, mutes, position, etc, from the timeline event but what else do you want to do that can't be done in the Melodyne editor? (not a judgement, just a question)
by Steve Carter on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:38 pm
Thanks for the interest but as my query has been ongoing for some time now (on more than just this thread) I can't actually remember what I was doing, or trying to do at that particular moment in time and I've already intimated that I'm aware of possible conflicts in trying to edit in both formats (Melodyne vs Editor) simultaneously.

What I do remember is that I attempted to perform an operation within S1v4 (i.e. open a Melodyned event in the edit page), instinctively, as I had many times before in previous versions of S1 and it wasn't available to me.

My best guess would be that I was possibly looking for information/clues as to a possible edit in the 'Wave' format rather than the 'Blob' format. I know that I can expand the track event to see similar but I usually just open the Edit view.

Yes, there are workarounds and I'll have to modify my work habits to accomodate the change made in S1 if as previously stated this was a conscious decision made by the developers to limit access to the edit page for events with active Melodyne analysis.

Still no response from Presonus!
Regards....

16 posts
Page 1 of 1