199 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
gregghart wroteSince I won't be home until late tonight, I'm just curious...do the changes to the pattern editor make it possible to create flams?

Not sure, but it does allow you to record a lived played patterns with keyboard including rhythmic chord variations and turn it into a pattern.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by garrykiosk on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm
Trucky wrote
coryhawthorne wroteThe update is great. However. When rebooting studio one I got this:

"fat channel collection volume one is not compatible with studio one"

And my P1B compressor and presonus free EQs and Compressors are no longer listed under fat channel modules.

Anyone else getting this...?

https://answers.presonus.com/46545/why-is-the-fat-channel-plugin-now-longer-working-studio-one-6

Yes I'm getting this too !. I am seeing elsewhere on the thread that a reinstall of 4.6 solved the problem. Can anyone advise the best and safest method to do this ?
by roland1 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:41 pm
Too late. I don't want it anymore.

[I blame Red Bull. :D ]

I use: Studio One Pro v5 on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and 4.61 on a Mac Pro Tower (Sierra) w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.

Author: Reality Checks for Everyday Life — Keeping it real in a world of illusions. I can also be found loitering at: http://RolandK.ca

Attention all shoppers: The people in commercials are paid actors.
by overanheim on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:44 pm
No MPE !?

I wish PreSonus would prioritize some real features. Improved stock plugins and better Browser is a bit disappointing. Appreciate the bug fixes though.

It's time for S1 to eventually get better MIDI support, like: MPE, Poly Aftertouch, Sysyex, Event List, Input Transformer, Staff View, Articulation Editor, External Instrument plug-in, MIDI tempo detection, etc.

Feature requests:

https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... sort=votes

https://answers.presonus.com/11020/mult ... nnstrument
by chrisharwood on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:47 pm
LLM with Ampire is nice. I know that support tickets have been submitted for over a year for LLM to work with Helix Native and others, which it currently does not. Also the LLM feature using the input monitor switch, seems cumbersome to have to keep turning the input monitor button off, to hear playback. Some sort of an "auto-revert" would be nice.

Sound on sound for audio hopefully is still in the pipeline.

StudioCat: i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win10 x64
PreSonus : Studio One V4.x; Faderport 8

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by overanheim on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm
chrisharwood wroteLLM with Ampire is nice. I know that support tickets have been submitted for over a year for LLM to work with Helix Native and others, which it currently does not. Also the LLM feature using the input monitor switch, seems cumbersome to have to keep turning the input monitor button off, to hear playback. Some sort of an "auto-revert" would be nice.

Sound on sound for audio hopefully is still in the pipeline.

Yep! LLM is really important too. I primarily use Apollo x8 and Axe FX III. For plugin amp-sims I use Blue Cat Audio Axiom/Destructor, NeuralDSP, STL Tones, MIKKO plugin and more.

+1 for more real features.
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:18 pm
overanheim wroteI wish PreSonus would prioritize some real features.

For people who use patterns a lot, these are real features...

I understand your point and feel that way about my own feature list sometimes but realistically big features like MPE, NKS support (just happened!), Articulation Editors, Mix Snapshots, etc are probably going to be in things like .5 updates by nature. I love that lately with minor point updates they’re fitting in old and new requested small improvements, rather than just bug fixes.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by overanheim on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:31 pm
robertgray3 wrote
overanheim wroteI wish PreSonus would prioritize some real features.

For people who use patterns a lot, these are real features...

I understand your point and feel that way about my own feature list sometimes but realistically big features like MPE, NKS support (just happened!), Articulation Editors, Mix Snapshots, etc are probably going to be in things like .5 updates by nature. I love that lately with minor point updates they’re fitting in old and new requested small improvements, rather than just bug fixes.

I think I have to agree with you on that. The features I raised probably belongs to a major release.

From my point of view improved MIDI support in S1 is incredibly important with regards to music creation. I was hoping to see more from PreSonus this time.
by hansjeboer on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:46 pm
I would like to thank Presonus for this update.
As mentioned by others, the shop and cloud tags should be (re)movable or hideable. They only clutter space.

And, major version or not: why still not a peep about articulation management?
This has received a LOT of votes over the (too) many years!
by BezowinZ on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm
I hope this stabilizes Studio Drummer & Komplete Kontrol, though I've only seen a few folks experiencing the crashes & control losses I have.

lisarowe wrote...I'm not very happy about the Pool Tab in my browser being pushed out of the view by the Shop and Cloud tabs. I'd really like to be able to make them go away or at least reorder them. Please.
: )
Intrusive things like this bother me maybe more than they should. Didn't look too bad in the vid, but I may not yet be using what was there.

Studio One 4.6.2 Pro, Mac OS 10.14.6 (3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac / 2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB, RAM MBP), Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt, MOTU MIDI ExpressXT

Presonus, I’m still human! Please find a better security method, please.

And where's my avatar?!?
by lordjingjing on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Love the new functionality of the pattern editor! :+1 The option to set delay time +/- is just great!
by Nip on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:16 pm
Sad that Windows 7 is dropped for v5.x - real sad.
I will do fine with v4.x though - but nice with updated software.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Funkybot on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm
Speaking of Pattern Editor improvements: did they add transpose yet?

Speaking of Browser improvements: did they add the ability to rename/alias plugins yet?

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by SkylineUK on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 pm
Many thanks Presonus!
Something at last for us guitarists who never touch loops or EDM!
I can't wait to give it a go tomorrow morning!
:+1 :+1 ;)

My songs

Intel i9 9940X @ 3.3GHz, 14 cores, 32GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 1TB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB SSD drive, plus extra 1TB HDD drive
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Studio One 64 bit. Version: 4.6.1.55987
Cakewalk by BandLab
1 Lava Lamp
by drti on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:27 pm
Serious problems with 4. here,
after updating to 4.6 some of the tracks of a new song of mine don´t ply any more. after loadoing a song all tracks play for a second , then some of them don´t sound anymore but others do, until I start S1 and load the song again. Then the same thing happens again. Until yesterday,before updating , everything was fine .
Any sugestions?
Jojo
by snb1 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:37 pm
Thank you Presonus!

Studio One Pro 5.1.1 64 bit, Atom Pad Controller, Mac OS High Sierra10.13.6, Mac mini (Late 2012) 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 16 GB ram, 240 GB OWC Extreme Pro 6G Solid State SATS Drive startup disk, 1 TB internal SATA Dive, (2x) 1 TB External Glyph Studio 7200RPM eSATA Drives, 500 GB External WD Drive
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:16 pm
drti wroteSerious problems with 4. here,
after updating to 4.6 some of the tracks of a new song of mine don´t ply any more. after loadoing a song all tracks play for a second , then some of them don´t sound anymore but others do, until I start S1 and load the song again. Then the same thing happens again. Until yesterday,before updating , everything was fine .
Any sugestions?
Jojo

Are any of these tracks using active bend markers and the "Timestretch -> Solo" setting?

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by warddejager on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:42 pm
overanheim wroteNo MPE !?

I wish PreSonus would prioritize some real features. Improved stock plugins and better Browser is a bit disappointing. Appreciate the bug fixes though.

It's time for S1 to eventually get better MIDI support, like: MPE, Poly Aftertouch, Sysyex, Event List, Input Transformer, Staff View, Articulation Editor, External Instrument plug-in, MIDI tempo detection, etc.

Feature requests:

https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... sort=votes

https://answers.presonus.com/11020/mult ... nnstrument

I think the reason why NON of this has happened after 10 years , is becasue of presonus own take on MIDI . ( look mum no midi ) , and maybe it's too much work to implement .

Intel I5 second gen , 16 gig ram , amd radeon , win 10

Soft :renoise , studio one pro , reaktor 6 , talmod , vallhalla , toneboosters , loomer architect , Klanghelm ,audio realism
Hard : clavia Nord modular g1 , Roland integra , yamaha A5000 , kenton control freak , Senheisser k6/me66 , beyerdynamic dt880
by Bbd on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 pm
I am really excited about Ampire 3. This is a major update for it and I love the clean sounds the most right now. This may just be the platform to develop for S1's guitar sim. We will see.
I also like the part to pattern and pattern to part options we have now.
Just a short while ago, we got EFX paging for the FP's which also works for me.

There are many other fixes and updates and yes, we will always have bugs and issues to address.

For me, I am really happy with the direction Presonus has taken with software and hardware. It's only going to get better. It's all working for me and I am really enjoying the ride. Hey, it's also been a free ride between major releases.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just saying thanks and happy to be creating music.
:)

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by garyshepherd on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Had some crashes - but rebooted a couple of times and seems okay. Ampire and Pedal board looks good - will try tomorrow. Is it better than Helix Native or Bias FX? The interface looks nice anyway and the tuner so will try. May see if it works with my Line 6 Shortboard as the old one did.

Had to reinstall XT Metal Pack and Fat Channel - not sure whether PB-1 was still there. Anyone know where that would be?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Mojave OS 10.14.6, 64 bit, Studio One 5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Digital Performer 10, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 1.93, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Alesis Q49, Audient iD14, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.

199 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10