4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all, i have known for some time now that studio one 3 inserts a tiny blank space at the beginning of a mixdown. I usually like this but how do i remove that feature when im going to reimport this mixdown into a video and everything needs to be exactly how i made it?

In this picture, the first track is the original dialog, the last track you see is the mixdown reimported into the session. You can see that it starts about 2milliseconds after the original. How do i turn this feature off in studio one so that the mixdown starts at the same time as the original.

Thanks.

by brianmanowitz on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 pm
By the way, the space happens in every project where i reimport the mixdown. To see for yourself, quickly record some vocals, export mixdown to a wav file (same sample rate and bit depth as your project settings) and the pull that audio back into your track... zoom in really close and you will see it.

Sometimes useful, sometimes obnixious
by stefanrauch1 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:42 am
I was not able to replicate your outcome with a clean new project. I can imagine that perhaps a plugin in your project does not send the right latency information, which causes the compensation to not work properly. The only other scenario where I know this kind of thing was happening, is when the export was done in mp3. But even this seems to be a thing of the past, as I tried with current S1 version and got no time offset anymore.
Sorry that I can't be of any help. Maybe somebody else has experienced this and can chime in..?

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by matthewbates on Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:44 am
If your export is via mp3 then that's the issue. I think it might be part of the mp3 format. For wav's though it should be spot on.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1