5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I haven't used Studio One for a while (Windows 4.5.4).

I've got a problem, I'm probably doing something stupid, please see screenshot below.

To the right note that the SM7B is almost maxing out on Focusrite mix control, so the signal is coming in nice and strong (I can also hear it that way).

To the left notice it's only just above -24 and I'm having to add +24db of gain to get that far.

Obviously I want studio one to be having the same levels as Mix control is getting.

nb I've checked the Audio I/O setup and it's definitely configured to the right input and mono.
I've also checked Cakewalk and that too has the same issue, so perhaps not a Studio One issue.

Thanks!

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers). A bigly amount of other gear.
by Bbd on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:03 pm
Does S1 recognize audio device controls in your audio device?
On my Studio 192, when I select the option for Audio Device Controls, the preamp gain matches the hardware.
Are you able to see both preamp gain and input gain on your mixer channel?

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM
by PreAl on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm
Bbd wroteDoes S1 recognize audio device controls in your audio device?
On my Studio 192, when I select the option for Audio Device Controls, the preamp gain matches the hardware.
Are you able to see both preamp gain and input gain on your mixer channel?

Audio device is safire (which is right),, the actual gain display coming on for the hardware is shown on the Focusrite mix control application which on the right of screenshot. It's maxed out. Unlike what studio one is getting to the left. See "SM7B".

I'm using a fethead with phantom power, but that shouldn't be related, the issue is gain coming in for hardware (mix control - high) Vs signal coming through the DAW.(studio one -low).

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
by PreAl on Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:12 pm
Fixed!

Went into Audio I/O Setup/Inputs deleted all the rows, and added them in again.
Then it was fine.

I think this is a bug (or is it??).

One thing I have changed in my setup was that my firewire card was replaced with thunderbolt 3 built into the motherboard with Apple firewire adapters. Maybe that confused it.

Cakewalk now works as well fine as well, which doesn't make sense at all!

Anyway works OK now - appreciated!

by Bbd on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm
Great you found the issue.
:thumbup:

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM

5 posts
Page 1 of 1