4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I want to record each channel as a mono output with different fx settings. It is a auto doubled guitar in a VI and I want to enhance each channel and record it as a mono file. Then I have greater control over where I place the guitar in my mix. Trying to do this in stereo merely makes the other channel lower in volume... defeating the doubling.

BTW I can do this in other DAWS. There has to be a way to do it in S1. Help! Thank you in advance
by larso on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:25 pm
Ha! I answered my own question. If you have any interest here is the solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2exoJ6KtHjc

Not exactly what I was looking for but it'll do.
by IanM5 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 pm
1. Bounce the instrument track to get a stereo audio track
2. Locate the file in the Studio One file browser - the bounced track will be under songs/songname/bounces
3. Right click and select "Split to Mono files"
4. You'll see two new files appear in the browser. Drag them into your song.

It's a bit convoluted but it works well. I routinely record my electro-acoustic guitar with mic on the left channel and pickups on the right channel. I correct any timing and noises on the stereo recording then split to two mono tracks for further processing.

I'd love them to add three new functions to the right-click menu in S1: "convert to mono", "convert to stereo" and "split stereo to mono".

Studio One Pro 4.5, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen), Akai MPK Mini MKII, Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)
by Tacman7 on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 am
You can add effects to one side with the channel editor, and a lot of other things.

Channel Editor.jpg
Channel Editor.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Studio OnePro 4 64bit Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram
1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Melodyne Studio
Where 'IS' Shitcreek? and
'WHY' would you go there without a paddle?

4 posts
Page 1 of 1