15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am using different VST and while some are more straightforward than others; I am not sure if there is an easy way to add presets in Studio one, when such VST are used in a track.

For example, U-He VST synths does not show any preset in the VST window in Studio One; nor I can cycle through presets with the next and previous presets. The only way to change preset is to use the mouse and click on the preset arrows on the interface.

I tried to add presets, in Studio One, and it works; although it is a totally manual operation, that has to be done for every preset. This is not feasible as you can imagine, for tens of thousands of presets.
Is there a way to add multiple presets in a VST? I own both Akai VIP and NI Komplete Kontrol, which have similar issues with plugins, because they require mapping. At this point I would rather create the mapping in S1 instead, but the only way I see is to add each preset one by one, by hand, which takes forever.

Since I see that a preset can be saved and exported in the interface, I assume other owners of VST did make mappings files for their presets and shared them?

Studio One 4 on Windows 10
Interfaces:
Scarlett 18i8 + iConnect Midi4+
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
- Korg NanoKontrol Studio
by FC-2 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:54 pm
Not sure if the question is too simple, too hard or if it is not clear enough.

I can add single presets by hand, takes forever. Is there a better way or should I just do it one by one, until I give up and move on? I don't mind sharing the mapping I will create; but from the look of it, nobody really has use for such thing.

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by IanM5 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:22 am
Yeah, most VSTs tend to manage their own factory presets and do not list them in the "main" S1 preset list. A notable exception is Steinberg's Padshop Pro where they do seem to manage to add them to the main list so it can be done.

I've never tried but I wonder if you can copy the preset folder for a VST into the equivalent S1 location?

It's mostly not something that bothers me. I tend to dial up a preset, tweak it a bit then save it "locally" with the song title in the preset name.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by normjohnson on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 am
I would like to know how to do this as well.

V-Station doesn't have a way to select presets in a menu. It only lets me click the up or down arrow a hundred times to get to presets.

It would be nice if i could somehow get the presets to all show in studio one and select them through that interface.
by stephenboyke1 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 am
Plugin preset file formats vary depending on the DAW and depending on the plugin developer. This is why that are stored with different extensions and often stored in different folders/locations.

Unfortunately, you cannot either (i) simply move one "brand" of plugin preset file from one location to another or (ii) simply change the extension of the preset file and expect them to work.
by FC-2 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm
Thanks; so this means that for every VST I have to save by hand the ones I want to keep. This will take forever, considering I own both Arturia Analog lab 4 and Komplete 12.

I thought that presets could be read through the VST itself and added to S1; some other application does use that approach; although in cases like for Kontakt, where the preset for an instrument is not exposed, because each instrument is a preset, and the instrument preset is considered as patch, there is no way to do that.

Amazing how VST is a standard, but expose parameters and presets is something that each VST does differently :)

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by IanM5 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 am
There is no real reason to save them all. Just save any that you use in a song. I like to tag them with the song name but it's not necessary.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by FC-2 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:59 pm
Yes, I can save only the ones I am planning to use, but I would like to have all of them available from my midi keyboard; when I am exploring the sounds to find what I like.

I find strange to undestand how come nobody ever created a profile for the most known VST out there; unless you use mostly your mouse when parsing presets.

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by jonhamilton2 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 am
Agreed, this is extremely frustrating. Cubase is a dream when it comes to Vst3 presets working within mediabay on the other hand.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by ianaeillo on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am
What exactly is going on here and what can’t we do? The OP seems a little incredulous we can’t do something but I’m not understanding what that something is?

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by robertgray3 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 am
ianaeillo wroteWhat exactly is going on here and what can’t we do? The OP seems a little incredulous we can’t do something but I’m not understanding what that something is?

There are a few issues at play. In my opinion, #1 is a realistic one I'd love to see addressed, #2 is more a pipe dream that nobody's ever really pulled off.

1. Even when the official VST/AU preset format is used, it is not convenient to integrate them into your library. Basically all you can do is click on a dropdown menu while the plugin is open to select them. Other programs have more convenient approaches to these, such as keyboard shortcuts (we only have one for native presets), shortcuts that work when the plugin is closed, converting these into native presets, fully integrating them into the browser and searches (they're sort of partially-integrated in Studio One), and more.

2. When presets aren't in the official format, Studio One (and let's be honest, nearly all programs) doesn't have a simple way to iterate through them and convert them to a native format. I doubt DAWs will bother with this Sisyphean task when manufacturers could just follow the official spec. Most companies that tried this seem to have given up.

#1 is fixable though, would love to see the system for that improve.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 pm
??????

What was the actual reason for this resurrection after 2 years?

Bye......:roll:
by jonhamilton2 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 pm
.fxp and .fxb support seems supported.. true, quite a few daws,understand this format..

Yet if you do use Cubase and create VST3 Presets for your plugins, they will not load in Studio One.Why? I think the OP wants S1 browser to adhere to the VST3 spec, at least that's what it sounds like, and I agree.

If S1 supports VST3, then any presets converted in say Cubase to the VST3 Preset format, should indeed work in Presonus Studio One right?

It supports VST3 correct? Not sure why this is a hard one to figure out. If S1 supports VST3 ,then it should indeed support the VST3 Preset format.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by robertgray3 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:47 pm
For VST3 plugins I thought it was a matter of where the plugins are placed for that dropdown menu in the instrument editor to appear.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by graytermedia on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 am
A Komplete Kontrol S49 and the 3rd party NKS library packs from Freelance Sounds have solved all of those issues for me. Every time I think about ditching my S49, I'm reminded of this very problem.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9

15 posts
Page 1 of 1