5 posts
Page 1 of 1
After I drag an audio file onto the chord track, is there a way to get the analyzed chords into an instrument track all at once?
I've been entering a 3 or 4 note chord manually or step recorded into a bar and duplicating or otherwise populating the instrument track, resizing when necessary to chord track's markings and telling instrument track "chords" to follow the chord track.
There has got to be an easier way (I hope).
Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Nip on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 am
Sure you can - I did it like this
- enter a midi plugin/instrument that has midi out, on an instrument track and follow chords parallell.
- when chords are on chord track selected, I check in Inspector Instrument as the one above, and also play track checked
- create instrument track to record output from instrument with midi out above, select input from that above
- do record in realtime and chord track is now on track.

I used InsertPizHere free package of midi plugins, midiChannelize, for this, but you can use any VST instrument that echo midi input to output.
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pizmidi/downloads

If you do this often, I would just import a couple of tracks set up like this from a saved song - Import Song Data.
Or save as some preset maybe that you drag onto track list.

I have not checked - but maybe Multi Instrument abilities that can load midi plugins shipped with StudioOne - worth looking at. So you can load that as a dummy intermediate track for this operation. I would not be surprised it that works.

I'll see if I find the time to check it out....

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Musical Gym on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:37 am
Thanks very much Nip, works great!!!
Jim
by Nip on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 am
You're welcome.

I tried multi instrument, but no go, it does not have midi out.

Not all instruments exposing a midi out, does send anything there though.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Musical Gym on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:22 am
I used Synthmaster 2 as chord play track and routed/recorded it into Lounge Lizard.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1