11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I have been trying to get this error issue of mine taken care of by the PreSonus Support Rep team. They had me try MANY different things to try to correct or pinpoint the problem area. This rep could not correct this issue and ended up telling the famous line "We THINK it is a "Power Distribution" problem with MY computer. After doing allot of research on this issue, i am NOT leaning towards their final answer. The following is my setup:
Late 2009 iMac
High Sierra 10.
3.06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
EXT H.D.D. W.D. 4Tb
PreSonus Studio 2/6 USB
Studio One Professional 4.5
ATOM MIDI Controller
Powered USB HUB ( which I have the ATOM, EXT H.D.D. and my Studio 2/6 )

The issue that I am experiencing is every time that I load Studio One Pro and I look at the "Messages" window within Studio One Pro and one of the last processes it shows during the loading, I see an error stating "MIDI Engine Reset Requested". Things that were tried were:
1- Loading Studio One with no external devices connected at all - Didn't Fix it
2- Loading Studio One with only ONE external device connected - Didn't Fix it
3- Reinstalling the Universal Control - Didn't Fix It

There were a few more processes I was told to try, but the problem still exists.
If anyone had this, or is familiar with this specific issue, I would appreciate your input Very Much, as I do not think PreSonus is going to come up with a fix, especially when they left my situation as a "Power Distribution" problem.

If I forgot any system info you may need to know, please let me know and I will suplly info needed.

Thank You In Advance,
RayPerNow
by Jemusic on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:38 pm
Does it get stuck on this request when booting up or does it continue on. Have you tried booting up without ATOM connected? Also try connecting your interface direct to the computer and not through a hub. Try connecting ATOM direct as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by frederickray on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Hello,
I does not get stuck. I loads all the way through. No matter whether my interface is straight to computer or on the hub. I have tried every combination of device hook ups possible. About 5 processes before the MIDI Engine Reset error, a process step says MIDI Engine recognized and ok ( not verbatim ). When I am working on a song once it is loaded, I have not ran into anything that did not function properly for me.
by frederickray on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 pm
Issue was resolved. Thanks to the one person who started to assist me.
by edramsey on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:36 am
Hi. Would you mind sharing what finally worked?

Thanks.

-Ed

Studio One 4.5.4 Professional / Notion 6 x64 / Logic X / iZotope Neutron, Ozone, RX / Macbook Pro (early 2015) 2.9 GHz Core i5 8G Mojave / Glyph & G-Drive 8TB External USB3 / PreSonus Studio 18|10 USB / iConnectMIDI4+ / Presonus FaderPort 2 / Casio Privia PX-560 / Presonus ATOM / TC-Helicon VoiceLIve 3X
by frederickray on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Hi Ed,
It ended up being an issue with the multiple usb midi devices, ATOM and Studio 2/6, along with EXT H.D.D., being plugged into all usb ports on iMac. I tried adding POWERED USB Hub and plugged my ATOM into that and my Studio 2/6 and my Ext H.D.D. into computers built in USB ports. This way seems to have corrected the issue. The original way it was when I was receiving the error was doing something with the 2 MIDI devices and cancelling both of them causing my system to request the MIDI reset and not properly recognizing these 2 MIDI units together. This is what the Rep at PreSonus Customer Support came up with. Honestly, the clarity of WHAT was causing this error, AND HOW, adding a Powered USB Hub and splitting where the 2 individual MIDI hardware units were being plugged into corrected the error issue. Maybe my iMac being 2010 had something to do with it, i/we don't know. But the error no longer occurs.
by davemallon1 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Hi guys, this is slightly off the original topic but related of sorts. I’ve just bought a Korg MS-20 Mini synth but it won’t play the audio of the midi it’s created. The Synth only has midi out(no line out) so I set up an instrument track rather than an audio track and in S1 v 5.1 it shows signal and writes to the track but I cannot get any volume. It’s a mystery. All my other external midi devices have line outs so I can either do midi or audio but because this only has midi and no software that I am aware of, I can’t get volume on the written data.
If anyone knows where I may be going wrong, your advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
by Jemusic on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:29 pm
Have you got the MS20iC which is a controller only, or do you have the actual MS20 synth which has the sound generator inside. The model you have is on the rear panel.

If you only have the Ms20iC then you need the actual MS20 plugin before you will hear anything. If you bought the MS20iC then the plugin will come with it. But it needs to be installed. Then you drag it out onto the Instrument track and you will hear it through Studio One.

You can play it live too with input monitoring enabled and everything you touch and patch on the Ms20iC will effect what you hear.

By the way Korg have updated this recently to MS20 V2. Its much better and they have improved the GUI. Its all free as well. Before you could not see all of it and you had to scroll over to each side but now it all shows up as one big synth.

The plugin does things the real MS20 could never do. One is save presets that you have spent hours creating. The other is it goes into polyphonic mode! That sounds serious.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reedsong on Tue May 17, 2022 5:50 pm
Hey all, I have a similar error, running Studio One 5 Pro, latest upgrade. When I launch Studio One goes through the setup checklist and displays the yellow triangle with exclamation point and the error: requesting midi reset .. ??

As far as I know it isn't causing a problem, but I've been puzzling over this and it bugs me when some little thing isn't working as it should.

My system:
iMac 2021, 8 core i7, 64GB, IO Station24c, using only the IO station for interface, and I have a 4TB G Drive with Hollywood Orchestra loaded on it, both IO Station and G Drive plugged directly into iMac .. that's it.

I'm going to continue to work on Studio One as it is, since I haven't experienced a limitation, but I'd be interested to hear any feedback or reflections anyone might have about this..

Thanks
by reedsong on Tue May 17, 2022 5:53 pm
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have Impact LX61 also plugged into the Mac..
by kennethwilliams15 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:15 pm
I have the same issue but can’t get any songs I previously did to play or even if I record a new song my performance meter is reading at 100% and doesn’t come down I’ve messed with the drop protection it’ll work for a couple of seconds then mute again! Im freaking lost and frustrated! This didn’t start until I hook my gear back up after cleaning my studio room and I had no problems before that! Any advice would help, thanks!!!

11 posts
Page 1 of 1