8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. Anyone can help, I hope.
I'm trying to get a preset sequence in Arturia Analog Lab to synch with the tempo of my song.
I can't find info in the manual for the Analog Lab or Studio One.
What am I missing?
Thanks.
: )

On the other hand, feeling pretty good about being able to get the Arturia Keystep 32 I just got to work in S1. Wish that process was more intuitive.
When I got home and plugged it into my computer and ran the standalone version of the software, one check box and it all just worked. That was nice.

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by Jemusic on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:57 pm
I think it relates to you having or not having any other Arturia full versions installed on your system. I have 5 other Arturia full versions. (CS80, Jupiter 8, Mini, Synclavier and Pigments)

When these are loaded directly onto instrument tracks in Studio One, all sync options (sequencers and effects too) apply to locking to session tempo. Sync is also possible when these full version installed instruments are called up within Analog Lab. I am now referring to having Analog Lab installed on an instrument track.

Many sequence presets that are in the full versions for me are duplicated within that instrument being called up within Analog Lab. Same sound and sequence. Sync is possible here within Analog Lab because even if it does not sync at first, you can navigate your way to the sequencer (because you have the full version) and simply set it to sync. And session tempo locked it is.

With the other synths that you don't have full versions for, you cannot navigate to the sync page for the sequencers etc. Maybe we could ask them to be nice and allows us to do it. I think once you buy it then, full sync options will be available.

For the instruments you do not own full versions for, you can still use the straight one shot instrument patches and still tweak them a lot, and use Note FX in Studio One to setup arpeggiators and repeaters, even in series. They can be locked to session tempo.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lokeyfly on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm
lisarowe wroteHi. Anyone can help, I hope.
I'm trying to get a preset sequence in Arturia Analog Lab to synch with the tempo of my song.
I can't find info in the manual for the Analog Lab or Studio One.
What am I missing?
Thanks.

Just as Jemusic pointed out. Their instruments or V Collection will allow to change arpegiations or sequence tempo, with analog lab theres some nice basic adjustments, only tempo isn't one of them.

I was just thinking of a workaround you might want to explore. Bounce the track to audio. Then either change the tempo and or pitch. Also, you might be able along with that to move transients with the bend tool. Could be enough or you might end up with something else altogether cool.
Easy enough to give that a whirl. :)

[Sorry, had to edit will allow.]
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Jemusic on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm
Lakeyfly is onto something. For example I think in the Moog Modular there is a really great sequence at 87 BPM which cannot be changed unless you have Moog Modular that is. It would easy to render that out and just import that wave and set its file tempo to 87 BPM. It will then time-stretch from that point on.. If you don't stray too far from the original BPM it will still sound pretty excellent.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by lisarowe on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:29 pm
Update...I went back and experimented a little more methodically.
Yes, the full versions of the two synths I own will sync up tempo as stand alone and in Analog Lab stand alone.
Also, all of the instruments do sync up in Studio One through Analog Lab!
It turns out it's just the particular preset that won't sync in any situation. There are several like that. I can affect them with the Keystep controls, but they don't sound very good that way.

Can anyone tell me why the Arturia midi controllers are in drop down menus under Mackie for setting up external devices?
Thanks!

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
8-)
by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:08 am
lisarowe wrote It turns out it's just the particular preset that won't sync in any situation. There are several like that. I can affect them with the Keystep controls, but they don't sound very good that way.

Cool. So for those, you can alter by Audio manipulation as an alternative.

Can anyone tell me why the Arturia midi controllers are in drop down menus under Mackie for setting up external devices?

Not sure for the keystep 32 why that would be. When I first setup my Keylab MKII, it defaulted with using the Keylab MkII for both Keyboard, and transport (for both send and receive), but I'd have to recheck or know of any advantages there are going to the Mackie choice. I suppose if you're syncing to a Mackie hardware device or equal, there's some benefits/trade-off's .
If your Keystep 32 does default to the Mackie, it may be it's transport section needs to sync that way. Post a screenshot, and describe what you'd like to have happen. You can also try a few alternatives yourself, and see if there's any benefits.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by lisarowe on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:57 pm
Another update. I was in touch with Arturia Customer support. Very nice and helpful group!
The controller aspects of the Arturia products use the Mackie protocol (not sure if that's the right term) so if you want to use something like a MIcrofreak or Minilab, check under the Mackie controller menu when looking to add your controller to Studio One.
The Keystep, check the 'add keyboard' and you will find the Keystep listed under the "receive from" and "send to" options.
Arturia mentioned that they might get in touch with Presonus about making the whole thing clearer. I think in the meantime, a more specific video or mention on the website somewhere would be helpful.
(Not by me because becoming a video producer is something I never want to start doing!)

Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
8-)
by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:44 am
Thanks 'rowe'! :) . Yeah, good team over at Arturia.
The video part may happen with an Arturia hardware user. I'm (and I do apologize) Way too busy, but I'll assist in bouncing, or supporting where I can.

Don't worry about the not being a producer part. 94.5% of the so called producers use the term to sound like they actually do something, while having a title for it. There's a whole slew of engineers as well!

Getting ready for work, so I'm being a 'pro-duh-suh' of coffee. Wait, make that engineer of a cup of crank. :mrgreen:

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

8 posts
Page 1 of 1