8 posts
Page 1 of 1
How can I turn off the color scrolling feature for tracks? I'm referring to how you can hover your mouse over the track name and slide your finger to scroll through colors rapidly. I keep changing colors on my tracks by accident when trying to navigate the session. Plus it scrolls way too fast for me to be comfortable using the feature anyway.
Thank you.

Studio One 4.5 MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB ram
by BezowinZ on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:30 pm
Same issue. The lack of responses is discouraging. Please tell me there’s a way to turn this off.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Jemusic on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:33 pm
I have never accidently changed my track colours using the mouse wheel. I did not even know that was possible! I must say though I am only using a standard mouse with a standard scroll wheel in the centre between the two left and right click buttons.

Solution, don't touch your mouse wheel when you are hovering over track colours which should not be that often anyway unless you are wanting to change them. ie once track colours are set there is no real need to put the mouse pointer right in that very slim area of the track header.

Does not look like it can be switched off.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by garyshepherd on Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:45 pm
I find more problems like this as a result of the Magic Mouse 2 which seems jumpy at times.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by BezowinZ on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:25 pm
Yeah, hard to not touch the "wheel" on the the magic mouse 2.

If I can ever figure out how to work this software and finish my templates, I won’t be hovering around there much. This is the most trouble I’ve ever had with a DAW (Pro Tools & Logic).

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Jemusic on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Ok I get it. Yes the Magic Mouse 2 is a different kettle of fish. I guess you have to just keep the pointer away from the track colour strip in the track header.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by donaldbaarns on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:01 pm
FWIW - I try hard to get people away from the Magic Mouse if they are editing audio regularly.

A good quality mouse that is not trying to be a trackpad is far easier for the majority.

Something like the Logitech MX Master S is a major win.

I can't tell you how many times I've worked with people who are using the Magic mouse and they have a finger resting in some area that causes grief or creates an odd behavior few others see...

Maybe it's excellent for people writing documents in Word, or maybe Excel, but a pain for audio editing.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by Lokeyfly on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 am
I'm not familiar with the magic mouse, but this is a scroll wheel issue for many pointing devices that scroll, inherent in Studio One's GUI. Studio One is very simply sensitive at such places where the cursor is directed over a knob, fader, or editable dield field. It's really worth knowing where you can scroll, and such dangerous places where you wouldn't want to (i.e. mixer pan, send and fader levels, etc. Scrolling in such places can really throw settings off. Additionally, the track inspector is another ehhh, minefield. Mmv, but it's really having a handle on where your cursor is at, by design.

Once you sensitize your work flow, cursor change over parameters can be very quick. For example, if certain notes in the edit window were selected, merely placing the cursor over for example transpose, or by changing their time, scroll the cursor over bars, beats, clicks, would move the selection around instantly via the wheel. No need to click first, then use the wheel, or type into the field (unless you have some known value).

Believe it or not, this type of scroll over parameter usage was actually one of the items that I liked when trialing Studio One some years back. It gave me some indication, that these developers are on their game! Now, that's not to say such use of cursor control is for everyone. It's been questioned by some users before. Though I'd question in any program scrolling and not being aware of your position, particularly in a database, would be a wise choice. Gaming, Web usage, graphics/CAD, sure there's more liberal use of scrolling, so it's really by design, actually.

What would be advantageous is to have the option to turn cursor over parameter change be [on/off]. On rare occasion. I'll spin the scroll wheel thinking I'm rolling up or down tracks, or shift scrolling for left/right, and find, "$÷/+," I just altered a pan, volume, or send, excuse the cursor wasn't where I thought it was. Even though there's thankfully an undo (Ctrl + Z) to recover, it can at times be a bit of a snag. In such cases, it would be worth opting to click with the mouse first somewhere to show intentions. It's really a six on one hand, half-dozen on the other. Think about it. Would it always be so wonderful to have to click everywhere to change a field, or scroll? That answer is a definate "maybe", or "at times".

If the OP wishes to locate the feature request, I'd vote for an option. Certainly not because I need it, but it's a reasonable request for the masses.

Just pointing to cursor scroll control usefulness here.
;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

8 posts
Page 1 of 1