14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Complete newbie here, I have the Audiobox USB 96 and when I try and run Studio One I am getting the message 'Failed to open speakers' and 'Failed to open Line' for the Audiobox.

It is asking me to confirm that speaker configuration is set to stereo and that sample rates match, both of which I have done.

I also have installed Universal Control, and both that and my Studio One are up to date. From my reading of other questions on this, I can't think of anything else I can try and would love some help.

I can hear through the interface when playing YouTube and other sounds, so I know the box is working.
by Nip on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
Maybe there is a conflict - both computer system settings and daw - that many want to be exclusive.

There is one setting for StudioOne to release interface when not in foreground.

I had at times to disable in my case windows settings, to let daw have access.
Sometimes fixed it by doing windows settings to another out, and in control panel for interface connect them to same outs.

Hope you get some ideas how to proceed...

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Tacman7 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm
I guess I would try setting windows sounds to None to see if that changes anything.

What other software do you have running?

I think I would get that message if I opened cubase then opened S1 if they both were setup for the same interface.

Usually it's S1 that won't let other programs have the interface while S1 is using it.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ericwang7 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:07 am
Hey, I got the same problem as you. Here I got the Roland Rubix 24 and I can hear the sound on Youtube, but can't on both my Studio One 4 and Spotify. It's kinda weird that it keeps showing the message to ask me to make sure the speaker configuration is set to stereo and the sample rates of my recording and playback devices match. However, I have checked millions of times that it's all perfect. Studio One just doesn't allow me to use my interface. By the way, I can't use my hp internal speaker and recorder while I'm sure everything works fine too. That's just insane!
by bengosling on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:29 pm
everytime I try and open s1, I get the message saying "failed to open line (audiobox usb 96!)" and then something about the sample rates matching, can anyone help?!
by PreAl on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:12 am
bengosling wroteeverytime I try and open s1, I get the message saying "failed to open line (audiobox usb 96!)" and then something about the sample rates matching, can anyone help?!

Close the other apps running before you start S1. If that works further advice has already been given on this thread.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by matthewmulrine on Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:51 am
I had this issue too.

Open the PreSonus Universal Control application and changed to 44.1hz input. Restarted Studio One and it worked.
by brucedale on Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:03 am
How do you open the presonus universal control application?
by cameroncole2 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:33 pm
I had the same message. Only difference is that mines was playing audio through studio one, but the mic won’t work. I need help immediately.
by PreAl on Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:33 pm
cameroncole2 wroteI need help immediately.

Create a support ticket with Presonus.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by edwardvance on Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:04 am
Please please someone help me figure out why my AudioBox USB 96 has suddenly just stopped letting me record or and there’s a skull icon next to a message that says that my studio is beep!!! And I’ve had like a year. So angry so so tired of whipping out the cash for trash I’ve spent hours and hours trying to just figure out…. But it looks like the old Presonus company is getting bigger, yeah, that’s great. Maybe help the little guys that helped PreSonus become more successful in the first place.

I’m Eddie Vance
email is [email protected]
# 5677101294

Ya know what really makes me want to scream. I’ve been keeping this pretty much under lock and key until I had a better guitar and now I have the guitar and wouldn’t ya know it! GarageBand, a free app no less is better than your junk
by PreAl on Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:22 am
edwardvance wrotePlease please someone help me figure out why my AudioBox USB 96 has suddenly just stopped letting me record or and there’s a skull icon next to a message that says that my studio is beep!!! And I’ve had like a year. So angry so so tired of whipping out the cash for trash I’ve spent hours and hours trying to just figure out…. But it looks like the old Presonus company is getting bigger, yeah, that’s great. Maybe help the little guys that helped PreSonus become more successful in the first place.

I’m Eddie Vance
email is [email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
# 5677101294

Ya know what really makes me want to scream. I’ve been keeping this pretty much under lock and key until I had a better guitar and now I have the guitar and wouldn’t ya know it! GarageBand, a free app no less is better than your junk

This is probably best on a new thread, this one is nearly four years old.

Please put your specs in your signature (we don't know if it's Mac or Windows). Also please give us the full error message, perhaps a screenshot.

A little more information on steps to reproduce the issue would be nice too.from when you open studio one.

I strongly encourage removing your email address, best sorted out in the forums. If you really need direct communication there is messaging in these forums.

There may be advice applicable with your issue on this thread, so tell us what steps you have done to try to resolve this so we know what you did.

Basic advice is to update/reinstall universal control with driver and make sure firmware is up to date which may or may not be of help.

Thx.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:00 am
Good advice. Also consider the skull icon does sound like your computer has a virus. Particularly when stating your "studio is beep!!!".

We get it, you're angry and these things are frustrating when you just want to get on with using Studio One. The good news is that will happen, and you won't be having to resort to GarageBand. What you will have to do is get your computer in order.

As mentioned, start by providing your specs, computer, OS, version, type of Studio One be it Artist or Professional, version. We know your audio interface, so that's a start. Thx.

We don't want your email because frankly, we don't want your computers virus (potentially). You can interface with others in the forum, just the way you're going about it. Though a new post would be best, just keep it going here for now.

Send a screenshot of the skull and message. Reason being, it may reveal the type or nature of the virus.

You can then proceed to PROPERLY fix your PC. It's frustrating because trying to fix a virus yourself when you don't know how leads to searching for facilities and malware that adds more garbage to your computer. Literally.

So provide that computer spec info. Don't blame anyone or decide its corporate neglect. The good thing is most other users don't have the same issues with Studio One, so we can in fact help.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by sajwaltamrakar on Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 am
I had the same issue with AG06. I went Audio Device --> Control Panel and unticked the Exclusive option. It worked for me. Not sure what the implications are but I have the sound coming from the speakers now.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1