24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Audio tracks and Instruments tracks can behave differently. As the OP has not come back since, it is still hard to know exactly what type of tracks he was talking about right back in the first post. I am thinking audio track here.

I can record new audio over overlapping existing audio events and the new material gets created and dropped right into position. Nothing disappears in my case. All the relevant material is still underneath.

I don't make a habit of doing this. I prefer to trim any audio away from the area to which I am about to record into. i.e. I prefer having blank space ready to accept audio. I have never had issues editing audio doing it this way too.

Midi for me also works dropping in new material, and also joining midi events works correctly for me as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertgray3 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:26 am
Was changing the title of his post really necessary?

starkid84 wrote2. When using scratch pad, copying tracks or song sections with overlapping events ALWAYS seem to get garbled up on the scratch pad side

A video would have helped but I just tested this a little. I am almost positive this is not the intentional behavior, as simple commands like "Copy Loop Range to Scratch Pad" can result in Scratch Pads that sound nothing like the respective section in the Arrange View. I'll report it when I have some free time.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by starkid84 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies. I solved number 3, (the issue with midi data being dropped) after taking some time to dig into this one, this is actually a NON problem, but just user error/ an oversight on my part. Which is why no one could replicate that problem. Obviously if two midi events both have overlapping mod wheel data, studio one is going to have to choose which event to prioritize during merging events.

The other issues are still long standing legit bugs. Hopefully presonus will fix them or a clever user will find a work around in the mean time.

Studio One 4.5.2, Windows 7/10 Ultimate 64bit, Intel i7 3770 OC 4.1 ghz, 32GB DDR3 ram, Raedon RX 450 graphics,
by robertgray3 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 am
Can you show a video of the first one? I’d love to help you figure it out and report it if it’s an issue but I can’t completely understand what the issue is from what you wrote.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2