62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
This update appears to be causing several of my songs to stutter at various positions during playback (start/stop/start/stop....glitchy).
Has anyone else noticed this?
It appears to be a global song playback issue, not uniquely single song-specific.
It's been happening on several songs which didn't have this problem before the update.
by PreAl on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:02 am
Musical Gym wroteThis update appears to be causing several of my songs to stutter at various positions during playback (start/stop/start/stop....glitchy).
Has anyone else noticed this?
It appears to be a global song playback issue, not uniquely single song-specific.
It's been happening on several songs which didn't have this problem before the update.

Try ruling out a plugin. Delete them one by one..

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Musical Gym on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:48 pm
No problem before the update with loaded plugins.
Why would one of them induce a problem now?
by stephenboyke1 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Any time a DAW is updated (regardless of which DAW), some previously installed plugins may have a conflict with the DAW update, generating problems. The "remove plugins one at a time" suggestion is a rational experiment which will either (i) identify a problem plugin or (ii) demonstrate that your plugins are not the source of the problem.
by Musical Gym on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:14 pm
thanks guys
by niklaskarlsson on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am
Yup, this update kinda sucks. Everything lags like crazy. Worked fine before...
by Bbd on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:51 pm
@niklaskarlsson

Your first post and that is your comment.
This last update fixed a good number of issues.
It is not lagging for the plugs I use.
Please get specific if you can. What plugs are lagging for you specifically?
What operating system are you on?
A blanket comment like yours needs a lot more detail if you expect any help here.
If you don't expect help, why bother with the comment at all?
:?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by garyanderson5 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:34 am
stephenboyke1 wroteAny time a DAW is updated (regardless of which DAW), some previously installed plugins may have a conflict with the DAW update, generating problems. The "remove plugins one at a time" suggestion is a rational experiment which will either (i) identify a problem plugin or (ii) demonstrate that your plugins are not the source of the problem.

Exactly Stephone.

Last Reason update for example about half a dozen Plugin Alliance plugs stopped loading. My friend was going crazy as one of them was Black Box. I teased him for a few weeks saying it was working great for me :)

As mentioned these things happen all the time with any DAW just delete them one at a time till the glitchy plug is found then report it. Or at least narrow it down to the DAW in a fresh project for example. Also as mentioned so many times before, finish your work in that version or make 100% sure it works in an updated version before you commit.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by gregghart on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm
For me, many issues were fixed in this last update. The lags I was having are gone. The only "issue" I really have is that it takes longer for it to shut down when I go to close the program. Like...almost a minute. I don't really care about that though.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by PreAl on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:37 am
gregghart wroteFor me, many issues were fixed in this last update. The lags I was having are gone. The only "issue" I really have is that it takes longer for it to shut down when I go to close the program. Like...almost a minute. I don't really care about that though.

If the issues happens when playing back a one track basic audio project then..

Try updating your audio interface drivers and firmware
Try uninstalling and reinstalling audio interface drivers.

Chances are the driver is holding it up (maybe).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:19 am
Actually, I got a Windows update that I think solved it. Either that, or the reboot that went along with the update resolved it. It actually closes faster now than it ever did. Thanks though!

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by niklaskarlsson on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:37 am
Bbd wrote@niklaskarlsson

A blanket comment like yours needs a lot more detail if you expect any help here.

Yup, first comment since I'm a fairly new user of Studio One. I also work in Cubase and Protools, depending on who I collaborate with. It's just easier that way. My system works great with both Cubase and Protools and previous versions of Studio One. Not saying that there wasn't things that needed to be fixed in previous versions, but I didn't have any problems working around them.

In this version everything lags, just pressing play have me wait like two seconds before playback starts, scrolling lags, basically everything lags.
Only thing I can come to think of since last version that I've changed is the screen.
I'm on the latest Win10 with 32gb memory, 4 Ssd drives.

Thing is, a new update of the program should NOT make you check every plugin you own to see if they might be causing a problem and it is, from my point of view, wierd to even suggest that that is the fix. I only have plugins I own and I work professionally with music and have been doing so since year 2000.

Studio One had me interested cuz of it's workflow, and also cuz I started to work with people that used it. I really like the DAW, but in this last version something is off. Glad if it's working for you, for me...not so much
by mikemanthei on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 am
(Only thing I can come to think of since last version that I've changed is the screen.)

Maybe Studio One is thinking you should be in high DPI mode when you don't need to be ...... or vice versa?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by PreAl on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 pm
niklaskarlsson wrote
Bbd wrote@niklaskarlsson

Yup, first comment since I'm a fairly new user of Studio One. I also work in Cubase and Protools, depending on who I collaborate with. It's just easier that way. My system works great with both Cubase and Protools and previous versions of Studio One. Not saying that there wasn't things that needed to be fixed in previous versions, but I didn't have any problems working around them.

In this version everything lags, just pressing play have me wait like two seconds before playback starts, scrolling lags, basically everything lags.
Only thing I can come to think of since last version that I've changed is the screen.
I'm on the latest Win10 with 32gb memory, 4 Ssd drives.

Thing is, a new update of the program should NOT make you check every plugin you own to see if they might be causing a problem and it is, from my point of view, wierd to even suggest that that is the fix. I only have plugins I own and I work professionally with music and have been doing so since year 2000.

Studio One had me interested cuz of it's workflow, and also cuz I started to work with people that used it. I really like the DAW, but in this last version something is off. Glad if it's working for you, for me...not so much

All.software has dependencies on programming libraries so updating stuff you can break things whether you like it or not.

Make sure windows update is fully up to date.

Update your display drivers.

Try total removal of your audio interface drivers (not just reinstall), reboot, install latest drivers.

If you are running ASIO4ALL do a total removal and reboot. Do not reinstall.

Try temp disabling your virus scanner.

Otherwise try and rule out a plugin.

And use latencymon. Google for how-to.

by garyanderson5 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 am
Not sure if you Windows 1903 users know but it seems Microsoft released an update for DPC latency issue so i thought i would pass the info on. Link below with info for you that might help. Not sure if it works or not as i am on 1703 but for 1903 users it may be usefull.

"The Windows 10 1903 DPC latency spike issue (causing audio glitches on some PCs) is fixed in KB4505903. You should see that come through Windows Update normally"

https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-late ... 03-update/

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by Jose7822 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 am
Thanks for the update!!

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
by Leightdogg on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:02 pm
Greetings all,

I recently updated my S1 4.5 and now for some reason, S1 will not see my Behringer X-touch. What's weird is I have my Akai advance 49 connected to the the USB port of the X-Touch and S1 can see that device just fine. But Studio one will not allow me to select the X-Touch as a Mackie controller as if it's not connected at all. Wondering if any one else was having this issue. I do not think that my X-Touch is dead as the USB ports on it are still being recognized by my computer...

Thanks

Leight-
by johnboyd4 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:56 pm
Hello guys. just switched over from Reaper. Was wondering if you guys could help me with a question. I have Perfect drums opened as a multi track instrument. All my drum tracks are showing up in the mixer but not in the editor. How do I get at least a drum folder track to show up so I can start a midi event. In Reaper whenever you have a track in the mixer, its also in the editor too.

Thx

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by PreAl on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:23 am
johnboyd4 wroteHello guys. just switched over from Reaper. Was wondering if you guys could help me with a question. I have Perfect drums opened as a multi track instrument. All my drum tracks are showing up in the mixer but not in the editor. How do I get at least a drum folder track to show up so I can start a midi event. In Reaper whenever you have a track in the mixer, its also in the editor too. If

Thx

This is the 4.5.2 discussion thread. Please post a new thread

by Jose7822 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:06 am
johnboyd4 wroteHello guys. just switched over from Reaper. Was wondering if you guys could help me with a question. I have Perfect drums opened as a multi track instrument. All my drum tracks are showing up in the mixer but not in the editor. How do I get at least a drum folder track to show up so I can start a midi event. In Reaper whenever you have a track in the mixer, its also in the editor too.

Thx

Go to the 3:40 mark in this video:

https://youtu.be/ZjudfHQiWlE

HTH

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

62 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4