35 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Could I kindly ask anyone who might know what exactly is the procedure for copy/pasting automation data in the automation lanes of a Bus channel?
I know I've done this plenty of times in the past, but I can't for the life of me execute this simple task right now. Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on perhaps?

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by Bbd on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Create New Automation Tracks

For the current S1 version, you right-click on the Bus Channel and select "Edit Volume". That will create a track for it.
You can also create a new audio track and then assign the input with one of the busses.

Copy automation from one track by range and paste into another.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wonder6oy on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:37 pm
Bbd wroteCreate New Automation Tracks

For the current S1 version, you right-click on the Bus Channel and select "Edit Volume". That will create a track for it.
You can also create a new audio track and then assign the input with one of the busses.

Copy automation from one track by range and paste into another.

Thank you for the response.
To be clear, it's just the actual copy/paste action I'm having trouble with.
If I select a range of written automation in an expanded automation lane using the Range tool and Ctrl-C to copy, selecting anywhere else on the same automation lane and attempting to Ctrl-V results in nothing happening. Neither does selecting individual automation points using the Arrow tool. I am able to copy/paste automation on the Track lane itself (with the audio hidden behind it), but that results in ALL automation being copied and pasted - all sends, volume, pan, anything with pre-written automation already in place - and that's not what I want. In this case, there is just one particular send lane I am attempting to copy data and paste elsewhere on the same send lane.
Also, while right-clicking on the selected range, an option is there to "copy", which I have also attempted to use, but no option exists to "paste" unless I switch to the Arrow tool - but even then, still nothing happens.

by Bbd on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:00 pm
Please post your system specs.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 pm
wonder6oy wroteCould I kindly ask anyone who might know what exactly is the procedure for copy/pasting automation data in the automation lanes of a Bus channel?
I know I've done this plenty of times in the past, but I can't for the life of me execute this simple task right now. Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on perhaps?

Same here. For reasons I can't explain either. The other night I would select a range of automation, and wasn't able to paste it to another track. Older versions, I could even copy and paste from automation to an event (for example pasting a volume range. Not happening now, but I'll try a few other ways later and see if this still exists.

So, I concur at least until I find out more.

Btw wondwrboy, do post your specs. In the signature is best, so you need only do that once.

Btw, when I paste, I make sure the cursor is where I want the paste to take place. Still, paste isn't happening.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Bbd on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 pm
You select the range you want to copy in one automation lane. Do this by opening up the Editor and use the range tool to highlight the section you want. You may need to drag up from the bottom of the editor to highlight the automation data.
Then click in another place on the same track and right-click paste.

Need your specs to know what you are working with.

Bbd

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:50 pm
Exactly what I did, but I'll give it a go later. I certainly could have missed something. It should be something almost automatic.

I know I've copied ranges of an event, and the automation within the range would copy and paste. That's working fine. What I remember in passing was a straight copy and paste of the automation itself wasn't pasting to another automation lane.

Should have an answer in about an hour.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:34 pm
I was able to cut, copy, and duplicate, but not paste automation.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by wonder6oy on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm
Bbd wrotePlease post your system specs.

Ok - got em in my signature.

by Bbd on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Thank you!
Now try my steps.

Bbd

by wonder6oy on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm
Bbd wroteThank you!
Now try my steps.

What do you mean by "opening up the Editor.."?
Never seen that on a Bus track.

by Bbd on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 am
Sorry. I meant Expand Envelopes on the buss automation track.
Use the Range tool to highlight the area you want to copy and use Ctrl+C.
Click in the place you want to paste and use Ctrl-V.

Bbd

by sebastianholtzer on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 am
That`s a bug in the current version.
It works fine if you start with a new project in 4.5.1 but if you open an older project in 4.5.1 you can`t copy the automation. Even if you start a new project and import track by track from an older project you come to the track then where you import that bug to the new project. :XD: Really silly stupid bug. I tested this new version because ari wanted only to know if it works fine with win 10 and he was not happy to hear about that bug :mrgreen: . As long as i know/can remember someone reported it on the release day in the 4.5.1 Discussion Thread. You must use ALT. Really a handycap but with lots of luck they gonna find and and fix it.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 am
I have to update to 4.5.1. Currently using 4.5.

I cannot paste automation from a new song started and completely built in 4.5. I'll update today.

In any event, pasting automation also with 4.5 does not work here, and the origin is unknown. Sounds like it needs to be fixed.

Thanks for noting, Sebastian.

The procedure Bbd provides is correct. The result is its not pasting. Creating a region and either using control + V or right click over that region and select "copy" creates the copy. That works because when you proceed to paste and right click, the "paste" command is present. Therefore the paste Information is (or should be) in a paste buffer. The problem is the past function will not place that data anywhere else.

Again, in a pinch, duplicate works, and you could drag that duplicated data region (at the imediately right) wherever you like on the same automation line. Only I'm expecting paste to work there, as well as at any other automation line as well (given the same automation parameters are accepted).

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Bbd on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:27 am
The issue is still with 4.5.1. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Bbd

by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:31 am
Checked on my older versions v3.5.x and v2. Works as expected.

Looks like this was another miss in the v4.5 release.

I also verified that paste can carry over from Automation tracks to MIDI events. I created a Volume track in a MIDI event, in it pasted exactly as needed there, starting from the clicked timeline origin.

I also updated to v4.5.1

Obviously, this will be fixed in the future, but it looks to have cropped in from the 4.5 release.

Duly noted wonder6oy.

Thx.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by wonder6oy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 am
Lokeyfly wroteChecked on my older versions v3.5.x and v2. Works as expected.

Looks like this was another miss in the v4.5 release.

I also verified that paste can carry over from Automation tracks to MIDI events. I created a Volume track in a MIDI event, in it pasted exactly as needed there, starting from the clicked timeline origin.

I also updated to v4.5.1

Obviously, this will be fixed in the future, but it looks to have cropped in from the 4.5 release.

Duly noted wonder6oy.

Thx.

Ok. Glad to know it's not just me this time (lately it seems I've been having a lot of issues w S1 that keep getting filed away in the "it's just me" category).

So... has anyone officially reported this to the devs yet? I've been told they don't really take notes from forum discussions much.

by sebastianholtzer on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:32 am
wonder6oy wrote
So... has anyone officially reported this to the devs yet?
Think not. But why should they? Dev`s reading and discussing in the forum nearly every day. At least i thought they would.

wonder6oy wroteI've been told they don't really take notes from forum discussions much.

They do. 4.5 Update was "You asked for it" and these things were discussed here and maybe somewhere else online in other Groups. But with some things I think you`re right. Maybe it`s because they`ve got their priority list to work on so that they prefer to extend the program more than fixing it. Or they don`t care about some bugs or they`re afraid of some bugs. Who knows. Ari said they waiting for repeating feature request. That should be the key. For Bugs i think it`s a bit different. Maybe Sgt. Rico has got front holidays and we need to wait for him. Don`t know. But i guess BBD and Lokefly do know how they mehtod with bugs.
But if you`ve seen the Newscorner in SO they`re looking for new programmers atm. Maybe something sad happend or they`re just growing.

@ Lokefly and BBD
Thank you for the CTRL + V information.
by Bbd on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:55 am
This issue was reported. Hoping for some resolve soon!

Bbd

by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:07 am
No sweat guys. forum mods pass that on.
I was ready to ask the same thing, but I recall some thread somewhere where mods notify such conditions as they are more and more confirmed.

Bbd being on this, Jemusic and other moderators are really good as well from what I've exoerienced. If it seems like they wait on reporring, it's only to get a better fix on the issue. Platforms, instances, versions, erratic confirming, all plays into what could or couldn't be a bug, so it has to come down the pike a bit.

If they say to report it, then they're leaving it to that user, but this automation non paste issue looks more and more like a bug (hate that term). :P

I suspect, the biscuit is in the oven.

Ah, I see Bbd just reported before sending this.
Like I said, they're on this stuff like stink on poop.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

35 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2