51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
alancloughley wrote...
Minimum is OFF :)

Minimum suggests that it's still on. Very Twilight Zone, like years ago when "medium" became the new small in fast food restaurants.

[Signs of the impending Apocalypse? :D ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by PreAl on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:19 am
If minimum is off then that's a bug (with the UI).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am
I'm glad we share the same belief—that it is the user's fault—otherwise I would have to "disconnect" from you as part of my committment to Presonogy.

[Hope somebody gets that one. :) ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by alancloughley on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:57 am
**Post removed** I have been asked to remove this post. Apologies I appear to have jumped the gun. Presonus do not acknowledge any issues with dropout protection.
Last edited by alancloughley on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win10x64 (Eng), Studio One 3 / 4.5.1, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7-8700K overclocked, Onboard + nVidia GT 710. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2 S61, Native Instruments Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Kawai VPC1, Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III, Softube Console 1
by Bbd on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:32 am
Thanks for the update!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by soupiraille on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:10 am
Hey Alan, any improvement on your issue? Did you happen to make the test in Studio One v5?
by alancloughley on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 am
I've not upgraded to 5 but I very much doubt it. Presonus don't seem aware or interested in fixing mangled audio issues. I'll try a demo out this month and post back here, they did make tiny improvements in various versions but nothing useful, likely they are hoping as machines get more powerful this issue will become masked to some extent. Shame as it's a real problem and deserves a real solution. Current solution is very much a chocolate teapot :D I don't use Studio one to track projects with heavy VIs any more as it's an order of magnitude worse than other options I have.

Win10x64 (Eng), Studio One 3 / 4.5.1, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7-8700K overclocked, Onboard + nVidia GT 710. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2 S61, Native Instruments Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Kawai VPC1, Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III, Softube Console 1
by gregghart on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:26 am
Personally, I can't use Drop Out Protection even a little. Causes all kinds of issues for me. I'm assuming it has to do with my VSTi's, but I'm not sure. As far as turning it off, I believe Minimum is off and it's basically like saying, "Minimum only offers you what your PC can help with, I'm not helping at all."

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by markmartin12 on Thu May 13, 2021 9:27 am
So I just found this thread and I came here because, you guessed it -- I was having dropout/glitch issues. I kept trying different things and then I set dropout protection to minimum and my glitches stopped. This didn't seem right to me - so I searched online and found this forum thread.

Has anyone heard of an update on this issue? I am running Studio One 5 Artist - and it looks like this has been an issue since Studio One 4.

Win10x64 , Studio One 5 / 5.1.1.61815 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i5-8259U @2.30Ghz 16.0GB RAM, Presonus StudioLive 24c
by PreAl on Sat May 15, 2021 3:46 am
markmartin12 wroteSo I just found this thread and I came here because, you guessed it -- I was having dropout/glitch issues. I kept trying different things and then I set dropout protection to minimum and my glitches stopped. This didn't seem right to me - so I searched online and found this forum thread.

Has anyone heard of an update on this issue? I am running Studio One 5 Artist - and it looks like this has been an issue since Studio One 4.

Looping the thread by saying some plugins can't handle it. Works fine for others, it's best off. If it is of a concern contact support.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ryanconway1 on Mon May 17, 2021 6:30 am
Dropout protection actually works very well on my 5950x rig- and is a big advantage to S1 over daws that don't have something similar like Reaper and Ableton.

The big question with DP/ZLM is if your computer has enough capability to handle the low latency load that you ask of it on just one core. If it can't, then it doesn't work at all. But the benefit is if it can fit the LL load on one core, you can maintain a very low buffer (I leave mine at 32 always) in a huge project that otherwise would have to be higher. The 5950x can handle Diva + MassiveX + ST modular all on one core at 32, so there is enough overhead there to work with for me at least.

I do still think that DP/ZLM could be improved quite a bit with two main things-

1) Support multithreading for the low latency engine, and allow us to select the number of cores that get dedicated to it. Logic automatically dedicates half of all cores, which makes sense for an 8 core, but not so much for a 24 core. The one thing here is users have to understand that plugins in series can't be multi-threaded. So this won't help

2) Make it so that the core(s) dedicated to the low latency engine are ONLY being used for the LL engine. It seems to me that what I can 'fit' on one core decreases a little bit as the overall project becomes bigger. If I compare to logic, it stays the same (or closer to the same). This situation is tenable on the 5950x but IMO, this really needs to be fixed asap.

3) Make the settings make more sense. I think there should just be a checkbox that turns dropout protection on/off and then greys out the DP size/value if it's off. The "minimum" setting actually does not turn it off if the buffer is set to 16 or 32. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but it takes more effort to figure out that I think should be necessary.

4) Seperate CPU meters for ZLM and DP engines. I think this would be useful, especially if we can dedicate more or less cores to the low latency engine, two meters would help to juggle that.

5950x Win11 (Awesome!)
3x 7980xe hacks with Catalina
36TB server 10Gbe network
HDSPe MADI in TB enclosure (2), Focusrite Red8Pre (2), Quantum, Studio 192
S1 Pro, PT|Ultimate, Logic, Ableton, Wavelab
Console1, Avid Artist Mix and Dock, Kontrol 88 and 69mkii.

51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3