6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings All,
Having created maybe a dozen FX chains using the drop down in the Console view,
I see no way in deleting them - from the Console view drop-down where they were created...

I can delete the custom presets in the Windows folder, (> Studio One Pro_Projects and Presets> Presonus> FX Chains> "Custom" Folder), as well as in SOP's browser, but the deleted FX chains remain in the Console view FX chain drop-down...

Files deleted from the Windows folder seem to be reflected in the browser, but not the Console view.

Refreshing the folder in Browser view does not do anything to change the Console view FX Chain List.

This is on a dual-monitor setup with Trackview on the left and Console view on the right.

Pulling FX Chains into a track from within Console view is great, but cleaning house is not as straight-forward.

What am I missing here?

I'd like to clean up the Console View drop-down menu of old FX chains - but cannot figure out how.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
MG

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:46 pm
I would click the the Home (house) icon in the top of the right hand side of the browser or whatever its called. Then click on re-index presets button. That does do more than just a re-scan i do believe. Works for me when it seems stuck.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by DrummaMan on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Thanks for the tip - but it did not work for this issue.

Another observation -
In one of the FX chains, I substituted one reverb for another, then selected "Replace FX Chain 'FX-Reverb'" - but it did not replace the reverb unit shown in the Browser view - it kept the old reverb in the FX chain.

Even after Re-Indexing the presets per the "house".

If I open another project (song) and select that "reverb" FX chain, it puts in the OLD FX chain I told it to replace - not the newest one.

Again - this is all stemming from FX Chains created in the Console View - not the Browser or Track View -

Though - I just noticed that if, after I "Replace FX Chain" from the Console view, then go to the
Browser, find that FX Chain, right click on it, and select refresh...it DOES update...

Should it not update automatically??

And if an FX Chain is deleted in the Browser, or Windows folder, shouldn't the Console View also reflect that instantaneously?

Apparently, it's not syncing the Console View and the Browser when the change is made.

But I just found that the same "work-around" works - if I right click on the custom folder, and select refresh, it's then reflected in the Console View.

- possibly a bug...?

It's definately repeatable - even after a system re-boot.

Thanks,
MG
--

Add "Include Mix FX" Check Box when saving Custom FX Chains: https://answers.presonus.com/73924/save ... x-channels - THUMB IT UP!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Windows 10 Pro x64 running on a custom tower PC with ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II MOBO/ LGA 2066 Intel Core i9 X (12 Core), 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 (OS), 2TB M.2 (Sample Libraries) 2TB SSD for audio, 1TB Raptor Audio Backup, 4TB Storage/Backup Drive, (1) UAD2 Octo, (2) UAD2 Quad, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16e, Radeon RX 570 ROG Video Card
by jeff7775 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 am
FWIW, I'm having the Exact same problem, which I just posted about.

Been on S1 for several years and this has always been an issue.

Presonus really needs to get it together re the Console-based user FX chain management!
by DrummaMan on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 am
Agreed.
Especially if it’s been a known issue for some time...

There is a sync selection button for hiding, muting, soloing tracks, etc. between the track view and console views, and it’s pretty much instantaneous.

so... maybe FX chain presets can be included in that sync process??

Only the programmers know for sure...!

MG

by bennbenn1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:46 pm
Hi every one, I'm new to this, however I had this same problem about deleting unused FX Chain
I seen lots of answer, but none was helping to much, I finally realize how is done
So I will explain slowly, for people like myself.
1) Go to the browser Tab, It is to the bottom right side of your screen (Monitor) where it have your EDIT and MIX tab, If not open, Click on BROWSER, once its open
2) Look to the very top of your open browser box, you will see where it say, START - SONG and PROJECT, Below that is the little house Icon (Home) Next to it, you will see where it say INSTRUMENT and fallow by EFFECTS
3) Click on the one that say EFFECTS
4) You will see FX CHAINS, bellow you will see, all the FX Chain folders
5) Depending on where you saved your Custom FX Chain
6) Go to that folder and Click on it. you will see the FX
7) When you find the FX you want to delete
8) Right click on it, in the Drop down box click Delete.
9) IF you don't see Delete, Click on "Show in Explorer"
10) another Box will open and you will see the list in explorer, and delete the once you no longer want.

To finalize, once you finish deleting the once you do not want or need any more.
Right click on any FX and click REFRESH.
NOTE: Do not click Refresh till you finish removing ALL the once you don't want
If you do, IT WILL RESCAN and the process will take longer.

NOTE: : Be shore of the folders, files or FX's your deleting, are the once you made and want to delete
If you delete an unwanted folder, You may not be able to bring it back.

Thanks and I hope it help some one

6 posts
Page 1 of 1